ok - so i have 10+ contacts on bbm. and i can't seem to add my one friend. we have tried everything. we both tried adding each other by pin, by email, under use once and under contacts. every once and a while she will get my request and will accept and then nothing happens. i have never gotten her request. also when i try to add her using email a request pops up on my screen but instead of her it is me. i have a request for myself - what the f is that? it is really bugging both of us. we want to knock down our texting by using bbm and it is pissing me off! HELP!!!!!!!!
    06-22-09 09:40 PM
    ok - so i have 10+ contacts on bbm. and i can't seem to add my one friend. we have tried everything. we both tried adding each other by pin, by email, under use once and under contacts. every once and a while she will get my request and will accept and then nothing happens. i have never gotten her request. also when i try to add her using email a request pops up on my screen but instead of her it is me. i have a request for myself - what the f is that? it is really bugging both of us. we want to knock down our texting by using bbm and it is pissing me off! HELP!!!!!!!!
    Have you guys tried sending PIN messages back and forth to see if that works as well?
    06-22-09 09:44 PM
    yeah pin msgs work!
    06-22-09 09:46 PM
    Have both of you checked to see if your firewall is disabled?
    06-22-09 09:57 PM
    how do you do that?
    06-22-09 09:59 PM
    ok i found where the firewall is - however it is enabled. but there is a small red lock next to it. how do i get it to disable?
    06-22-09 10:04 PM
    ok well i think i may have figured out the problem. we both have refurbished phones. does that make a difference?
    06-22-09 10:10 PM
    ok i found where the firewall is - however it is enabled. but there is a small red lock next to it. how do i get it to disable?
    Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone
    Last edited by Iceman; 06-22-09 at 10:16 PM.
    06-22-09 10:14 PM
    oh thanks - but i have a problem. i can't do a back up with desk top manager bc i do not have a pc. i have tried to install pocketmac but of course that doesn't work. do i need to backup everything? and what do they mean on that thread about doing a restore? is that everything or do i just pop out the battery? thanks so much for all your help!
    06-22-09 10:18 PM
    oh thanks - but i have a problem. i can't do a back up with desk top manager bc i do not have a pc. i have tried to install pocketmac but of course that doesn't work. do i need to backup everything? and what do they mean on that thread about doing a restore? is that everything or do i just pop out the battery? thanks so much for all your help!
    Yes you need to find a pc and use the Desktop Manager software to perform a backup before attempting this. The restore part is where you have backed up all of your contacts and you restore your device to that point in time when the backup was performed. Kind of like a system restore on a windows based computer.
    06-22-09 10:31 PM
    ok i will do that. but will i have to add all my bbm contacts again?
    06-22-09 10:45 PM
    ok i will do that. but will i have to add all my bbm contacts again?
    No that's the beauty of a restore. It will add all of your contacts back for you.
    06-22-09 10:48 PM
    yeah i don't really understand how to run the crackutil program. i have a mac. does that make a difference?
    06-22-09 11:35 PM
    yeah i can't figure out how to get rid of this red lock. could you please tell me how to run the crack util on my mac?
    06-22-09 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD