I installed 4.5.0.77 on my girlfriends VZW curve last night, and she noticed this morning that the phone doesnt vibrate no matter what setting she changes in the profiles, and she isnt BB illiterate, this is her second berry and she is on this site daily for the past 6 or 7 months. Also, along with losing the vibrate function, the LED indicator stopped working as well. She is freaking out cause she constantly uses the vibrate profile when she is in school or clinical, so this is a big problem. She has a Mac and not a PC so she cant even delete the OS and downgrade to 4.3 to see if the prob remains because Macs dont support DM obviously. I know its not something that I did wrong because I have upgraded about 15 other peoples curve and pearl OS's, and used the same OS that I upgraded my VZW curve with that currently has no problems. I dont know what to do, and I wont see her for 2 weeks now
    10-20-08 11:38 AM
    I have seen a few posts where people have had trouble with it. I haven't seen a solution. The 8830 has issues but that was due to the file missing.

The thread below said it was fixed but never said how. Battery pull and restore the profiles from a backup. Based on your post I think that might be a problem though.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/no-...-0-77-a-72308/

Good luck on the fix.
    10-20-08 12:18 PM
    She already did a battery pull a few times on it, and unfortunately she doesnt have access to a PC and I live in NY and she lives in RI so I wont see her for about 10-12 days from now I dunno what to do for her, I feel terrible. I have done so many phones without a hitch, I dont understand why hers is having problems!! Please, if anyone has a solution please let me know of it, we are desperate here to fix this issue. Thanks for anyones help in advance
    10-20-08 12:29 PM
    Did some browsing and some have had to go and create a custom profile to get the vibrate to work again. The RIM vibrate profile no longer worked after an upgrade. It only seems to happen on some phones as well.

Hopefully someone else who has had this and fixed it will respond.
    10-20-08 03:31 PM
    This is linked to the ringtone cod file missing from the OS install. It has been discussed in detail in several threads in this forum. Unfortunatly, without a PC, she won't be able to fix this... or the ringer issue.
    10-20-08 11:42 PM
    This is linked to the ringtone cod file missing from the OS install. It has been discussed in detail in several threads in this forum. Unfortunatly, without a PC, she won't be able to fix this... or the ringer issue.
    its an 8330 not 8830
    10-22-08 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD