Can anyone help a loyal but somewhat tech challenged BlackBerry user?
    I want to perform latest update and make sure device is optimized.
    I see lots of advice in the forums that may be of use to me, but I'm not familiar with a few terms.

1) What is meant by "Wipe & Reload"?
    2) What is meant by "Shrinking" the update and how do I perform this?

Thanks for any assistance. I am using Verizon 9930 with OS 7.1 Bundle 457 (v7.1.0.163) currently.
    08-24-12 10:46 AM
    1....wiping your phone is simply deleting your os from your phone and reinstalling...similar to reformatting your pc.................2.....shrinking your phone is simply removing unecessary files from your phone to free up memory such as fonts....wallpapers,,etc.....there is a tool called b.b boss that does this very easy although running 9930 you wouldnt have to worry about that as you got lots of memory http://crackberry.com/blackberry-302...-blackberry-os
    Last edited by carullo; 08-24-12 at 11:09 AM. Reason: link
    Coach Bill likes this.
    08-24-12 11:06 AM
    1....wiping your phone is simply deleting your os from your phone and reinstalling...similar to reformatting your pc.................2.....shrinking your phone is simply removing unecessary files from your phone to free up memory such as fonts....wallpapers,,etc.....there is a tool called b.b boss that does this very easy although running 9930 you wouldnt have to worry about that as you got lots of memory BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks for your response. I'll give it a try.
    08-24-12 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD