I'm just wondering how to update the OS 6 leaks using my mac ... I switched to PC and I have no clue what I'm doing, if there's an apploader etc LOL ... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!
    01-29-11 08:07 PM
    Run Windows on your Mac in a virtual environment.
    Mishmisheh likes this.
    01-29-11 08:10 PM
    Assuming you're updating a Torch and you've already switched to a PC, check out this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-580264/. At least one post early on has detailed instructions on how to install a leak using the Apploader.
    I'm a Mac user too, but I have an old Win XP laptop on standby for this and other special actions that just can't be done on a Mac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 09:11 PM
    HELP IS HERE.....
    Get a PC.......
    01-29-11 09:15 PM
    I actually switched from a PC to a MAC ... and i had my old PC laptop, except now the socket for the charger is broken, so it randomly shuts down without notice.

I'll have to try the windows live environment, unless someone else has another suggestion?
    01-30-11 01:47 AM
    Running a Windows partition is the best way. As a confirmed and diehard Mac user I am also a Windows user for BB functions. My Win 7 runs just fine in BootCamp.

01-30-11 07:23 AM
    Ok. I understand one has to use a windows pc to be able to do the installation. Assuming one has a windows pc or is running windows on a mac (either via boot camp or in a VE), what next? What's the installation procedure. Thanks for the help.
    07-31-11 08:13 AM
    Get a PC
    Or . Buy a windows 7 dvd and install it from bootcamp and you get win 7 then u use it

07-31-11 11:58 AM
    If you're running Windows, here is a step-by-step guide:
    Please note: With Mac, you'll need to update via DM

(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    Download OS to PC.
    Following download, run OS file to install OS on PC. Follow on screen directions.
    On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled and also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps.
    Connect BB to PC. Open Desktop Manager and backup device. Close DM.
    (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    On PC, go to
    (64-bi)t: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file called Vendor.
    (32-bit): Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file called Vendor.
    (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool. You can use this to shrink the OS and remove unwanted files/apps.
    Run AppLoader (Research in Motion/AppLoader) to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions. Be sure to have PC plugged in to power source. Do not interrupt install process. Wait until BB restarts completely.
    Power up your BB and ensure that your apps are working. You may need to upgrade some apps (particularly BBM, as some OS versions contain old BBM versions). Enjoy!
    07-31-11 01:13 PM
    Point blank..

No leaks can be installed using a Mac or using DM for Mac.

Install a Windows partition or run a Windows VM.
    07-31-11 01:37 PM
    If you're running Windows, here is a step-by-step guide:
    Please note: With Mac, you'll need to update via DM

(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    Download OS to PC.
    Following download, run OS file to install OS on PC. Follow on screen directions.
    On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled and also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps.
    Connect BB to PC. Open Desktop Manager and backup device. Close DM.
    (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    On PC, go to
    (64-bi)t: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file called Vendor.
    (32-bit): Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file called Vendor.
    (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool. You can use this to shrink the OS and remove unwanted files/apps.
    Run AppLoader (Research in Motion/AppLoader) to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions. Be sure to have PC plugged in to power source. Do not interrupt install process. Wait until BB restarts completely.
    Power up your BB and ensure that your apps are working. You may need to upgrade some apps (particularly BBM, as some OS versions contain old BBM versions). Enjoy!
    Hey nice guide!

Thanks for the credit...
    08-08-11 05:46 PM
    HELP IS HERE.....
    Get a PC.......
    How helpful you are...
    09-04-11 11:09 PM
    Didn't want to copy and paste some dude's guide but here it is, tell me how it works out. Will be be quite funny if those that say you need a PC, end up being wrong.

How to upgrade an OS on a Mac - BlackBerry Tips - How-To's - FAQ BlackBerryEmpire.com
    09-04-11 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD