This problem has just occured and I can't seem to be able to open any of the bbm my friends have sent me today. I hear my phone vibrate to alert that I have recieved a message, but no matter what I click on...I can't open it. (I can tell who it is from, and can see the first 2 words but can't fully open to see all the dialogue delivered) I already tried taking the battery out and re-putting it in. Nothing.

Also, somehow (probably with me messing with everything in order to retrieve my bbm) something happened with my regular sms messages. It deleted all the former, which is fine..but I am not sure why. Also, the format for it is now different. I want everything the way it was!! If someone can please help me out, I would really appreciate it. Also, I can't check my email from hotmail on it either. I have to physically hit the browser button and type it in the url.

Sorry, I am clearly not good with technology, but can follow directions pretty easily if you can just direct me what to do. Otherwise, I'm taking it to Sprint and getting a new one. Yea, for insurance. Oh, I have the BB Curve..and sorry I don't know which 89# it is anymore. Again, I am clueless... Thanks!
    08-04-09 09:34 PM
    Try to set your preference to show your messages in your global messages, MAYBE you can atleast read it all
    08-04-09 09:42 PM
    Try to set your preference to show your messages in your global messages, MAYBE you can atleast read it all
    Thats what I mean. I don't know how to do anything. I need very specific directions. If you just tell me where the preferences are...I can. Whatever I keep trying to do to fix it, ends up messing something else up.
    08-04-09 09:44 PM
    Thats what I mean. I don't know how to do anything. I need very specific directions. If you just tell me where the preferences are...I can. Whatever I keep trying to do to fix it, ends up messing something else up.

Open BBM. Hit blackberry key and open options. Check off the box that says "show chats in messages application" Then your messages you get should show up in your messages folder with your emails.
    08-04-09 09:51 PM
    Hi,

I am having this same problem (opening BBM messages) on a Pearl 8100 series running OS 4.5.0 and BBM 5.0.0.57. Any ideas what I can do to resolve this issue? My provider (BELL!) and RiM refuse to help.

The setting above doesn't seem to have an affect.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Adam
    01-16-10 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD