BB loyalty being strained here by calendar sync issues with Desktop Manager and Outlook. Everything was working nicely until I noticed my default calendar had mysteriously reset itself - I have 3 email addresses plus the att.blackberry one, so 4 possible calendars. Following advice from somewhere in forums I deleted all except the one I want to use (associated with my gmail address) by deleting all the other CICAL entries from Options/Advanced/Service Books.

I didn't notice till later that all previous calendar entries now show the words "Device Default" in the Send Using field, instead of the gmail address, but new entries I've added since then show the gmail address. For reasons too complicated to go into, my Outlook calendar has been erased so I need to copy all my BB calendar entries to Outlook.

Problem: Desktop manger when syncing will only copy over the new entries with the gmail address. Nothing seems to persuade it to include the older ones labeled Device Default, even though the gmail address is the default calendar as set in Advanced Options/Default Services, and was the default when these entries were first input on the BB. I've tried resending my service books so all the CICAL entries show up again in Options/Advanced/Service Books. I've tried resetting the sync config in Desktop Manager. I've tried deleting the intellisync folder from the DM folder.

I need these earlier entries for accounting records, plus some of them are important recurring ones. Am I actually going to have to put them all in by hand? Syncing with BIS and DM really does have me questioning staying with BB sometimes, since I've had other difficulties with it before this. Intuitive - not!
    07-03-09 04:04 PM
    I found a solution! So if anyone out there is having the same problem, here's what you do, but back up everything first just in case.

Remove ALL the CICAL entries in Options/Advanced/Service Books (I then did a battery pull for good luck - don't know if it was really necessary). I would have expected this to remove all my calendar entries, but no. There they all are labeled Device Default. And I was then able to sync them all to Outlook via Desktop Manager. If you want to get all your CICAL entries back you can do so by resending Service Books, but I haven't done that so whenever I input a new calendar entry now there are no options to choose which calendar according to email address. Don't know whether that will come back to bite me sometime in the future, but I've just added some new entries in the BB calendar and synced to Outlook and all is working.
    07-05-09 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD