Recently my blackberry curve 8330 crashed, it was pretty devastating but i knew some loyal tips at crackberry would pull me through. i done a search and found out how to wipe my blackberry then go back and reload my devise with the os and load my most recent backup. all went well except i only have about 18 to 24 mb file free memory on a device that ships with 96, where did it all go???? I was averaging about the same before the crash with about 30 third party apps now I only have probably 12 or so with the same ammount of memory. is it possibly that my bb has old data on it that didnt get wiped and that i cant access via my blackberry????
    03-14-09 09:31 AM
    My first question, are you using the Facebook application on your device?
    03-14-09 09:32 AM
    nope its in a hidden folder never used it
    03-14-09 09:32 AM
    Ok, give us a list of 3rd party applications you are running. Are you properly closing out of an application by hitting Menu >Close?
    03-14-09 09:34 AM
    viigo
    google maps
    etrade mobile app
    bb weather
    google talk
    radio bee
    bb file scout
    staples easy button
    weather eye
    youverison bible
    google sync
    mapquest mobile
    mini monitor
    bb tetris
    medieval kings chess 2
    disco bowling

a little more than 12 but still significantly less than before. i keep viigo running constantly and both weather apps stay running and anything else that i use i hold the bb escape button down to close them
    03-14-09 09:41 AM
    and google talk is always running
    03-14-09 09:42 AM
    Are you running the latest version of Viigo? It's the most stable memory wise. When did you notice the problem, after you installed what? I mean both WeatherEye and BB weather will update and use memory, unless you set Viigo to not run in the backround on close, see what happens...
    03-14-09 09:44 AM
    Something is running in the backround and is using your memory, I have 14, 3rd party apps on my Pearl and my free file memory is better than yours, there is an issue...
    03-14-09 09:45 AM
    yeah the crash happened about a couple of weeks ago so all apps are up to date. and yes i noticed right after the fix. yeah i think im gonna delete weather eye I have always used that one but I like bbweather better
    03-14-09 09:46 AM
    I deleted WeatherEye for BB Weather also...
    03-14-09 09:56 AM
    after ousting weather eye and a reboot im setting at 36mb up from 18mb you help is much appreciated, also dittos on your quote
    03-14-09 10:02 AM
    Anytime, give us a shout if you run into any other issues...
    03-14-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD