I need a little bit of help here. I'm about the most blackberry ******** person you'll ever find. I just got my pearl 8130 about two weeks ago. Right off the bat I deleted the blackberry messanger and now I would like to have it reinstalled. I lost the disc it came with so I went to the blackberry website and downloaded the desktop manager. Well when i plugged my phone into my computer and clicked restore, a open screen came up and it said i had to select a screen for full restore. I didn't back up my phone when it had the bbm on it so there is no restore file with it in it. What do i do? Sorry for any confusion.. I'm extremely new.
    09-11-08 07:33 PM
    you can download bbm off of rims site and use the application loader to put it on
    or if you have data you can go to rims mobile site and download it OTA (over the air from there)
    09-11-08 07:49 PM
    i went to the rim website and it says that it is only supported by bb device software version 4.0 or 4.1. and if I'm using a newer version, to reinstall using the desktop manager. I think my software version is 4.3.0.127.. I have no idea how to use the application manager that you were talking about.
    09-11-08 08:02 PM
    check out the 101 lectures in my sig there should be a lecture on installing things and it will show you how to use the application loader

I have never used it as I do everything ota but the lecture should help you
    09-11-08 08:28 PM
    I plugged my phone into the computer and brought up the application loader and it's not listed. When i went into my phone to delete it when i first got it, I went into the Applications menu and deleted it. Did that permatly delete it? I just googled the blackberry messenger download for v4.3 and nothing came up. only the 4.0 one. does anyone have a free link that i can download to my computer and transfer to my phone?
    09-11-08 10:48 PM
    I am having the exact same problem, except on my 8330. The icon was deleted, but still shows up under options>advanced>applications. I used the Desktop Manager, only BBM wasn't listed. Where did it go? ANd how do I get it back? SOmeone please help!
    04-10-09 11:21 AM
    I also have the same problem and BBM somehow got deleted during downgrading my OS from 5.0 to .247. BBM icon does not show up on my phone's applications folder nor under advanced options>applications. It also does not show up on desktop manager either. What can I do???
    04-14-09 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD