Ok folks I am new here so please bear with me

I have just bought a 9700 on contract for my wife that works fine in messenger, I also have a 8100 pearl for my son and an 8800 that my good mate has given to use whilst abroad at work.

Now the problem I am having is this: the 8100 and 8800 are both unlocked and I have downloaded BB messenger for both BUT I cannot get messenger to show up on the phones!!! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong????

Thanks in advance for your help
    Ricky
    06-07-10 05:39 PM
    Make sure the icon isn't hidden in the message folder or in another folder somewhere. If you don't find it there remove BBM and then reinstall it by directing your browser here on your phone BlackBerry Messenger
    06-07-10 06:59 PM

I have just bought a 9700 on contract for my wife that works fine in messenger, I also have a 8100 pearl for my son and an 8800 that my good mate has given to use whilst abroad at work.

Now the problem I am having is this: the 8100 and 8800 are both unlocked and I have downloaded BB messenger for both BUT I cannot get messenger to show up on the phones!!! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong????

Ricky
    Did you download the correct version
    Battery Pull
    06-07-10 07:00 PM

Ricky
    Did you download the correct version
    Battery Pull
    A couple things you may need to look in to. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I would assume that the newest version of BBM (5.0.0.57) will not work on any OS lower than 4.5, so you're going to need to make sure that you have OS 4.5 installed on both devices (I'm not sure that 4.5 is even available for either of those devices.)

If you're running a OS lower than 4.5, don't worry, all is not lost. You are going to need to download the newest official OS release available for each particular handset (without knowing the exact model, I can't direct you to the proper link, but you can find it under the 81XX forum and the 88XX forum). Once downloaded, you will need to install it on your PC, delete the vendor.xml file, and load the OS onto the device using the app loader that comes installed with the OS. As you go thru the steps, MAKE SURE, that the box to install BBM is checked. This should install a version of BBM that will be compatable with the OS that you load.

You can do this same general thing by downloading the exact OS that you are running on each individual device, that may be a little rough to track down though. If you can locate the same OS, install it on your PC, open DM, go to Application Loader, check the box to install BlackBerry Messenger, and after the process is over, you'll have BBM installed.
    06-07-10 09:02 PM
    Ok folks thanks for the kind responses. I have checked both phones and they are both running OS4.5 The 8100pearl now no longer seems to have a browser available either! I have deleted messenger and was going to re-instal as suggested but I have no browser available now! Arghhhh please help???
    Thanks Ricky
    06-08-10 02:41 AM
    Be sure that you have the BlackBerry Data Plan properly set up on the devices. Then resend the Service Books.
    06-08-10 06:35 AM
    Ok folks thanks for the kind responses. I have checked both phones and they are both running OS4.5 The 8100pearl now no longer seems to have a browser available either! I have deleted messenger and was going to re-instal as suggested but I have no browser available now! Arghhhh please help???
    Thanks Ricky
    Be sure that you have the BlackBerry Data Plan properly set up on the devices. Then resend the Service Books.
    Yeah, the browser won't show up until the phone has been verified on the BB network. Make sure that whatever carrier you are thru, that the lines active on the BB's have the BIS data plan. Once that is done you can send the service books to the device, and you should be good to go. The service books may send automatically once the BIS service is added to your account.
    06-08-10 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD