so I bought a blackberry torch from a friend a few days ago and he had opted into the bbm beta. When we flashed the device it won't let me use bbm because it needs a beta code or something. I have searched and cant seem to find a way to get around this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    07-17-11 03:56 AM
    You need to uninstall the beta version of BBM and install the standard version from App World
    07-17-11 05:03 AM
    problem is that it won't allow me to uninstall it. there is no option and I have read it is because it's a "core app" or something.

sorry I'm new to blackberry's.
    07-17-11 05:06 AM
    Just have your friend log into his beta account and regenerate the code for it. Better yet make your own beta account and download bbm from it and it will generate a code for you.
    07-17-11 06:12 AM
    Just have your friend log into his beta account and regenerate the code for it. Better yet make your own beta account and download bbm from it and it will generate a code for you.
    You will need to create your own Beta Zone account as the keycode generated is PIN specific. Your friend will have their PIN in their account and that's why the keycode will unlock BBM for them. They can forward you their code (which is against the Beta Zone T&C I'm sure) but as it's PIN specific you'll probably find it won't work.

Go to the Beta Zone, create an account and opt to join the Beta programmes that interest you then you'll be able to generate your own keycode.
    07-17-11 08:52 AM
    If you'd rather not do the beta:

1- go to app world, find BBM and install it. It will corfirm you wish to overwrite. Reboot and your done.

If that doesn't work:

2- Install Desktop Manager, and also install the latest OS6 for the 9800. Install the OS and it will get rid of the beta BBM.

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com
    07-17-11 09:06 AM
    i guess i will be joining the beta........ thanks for all your help
    07-18-11 04:03 AM
    You will need to create your own Beta Zone account as the keycode generated is PIN specific. Your friend will have their PIN in their account and that's why the keycode will unlock BBM for them. They can forward you their code (which is against the Beta Zone T&C I'm sure) but as it's PIN specific you'll probably find it won't work.

Go to the Beta Zone, create an account and opt to join the Beta programmes that interest you then you'll be able to generate your own keycode.
    Since the PIN of the device is already linked to his friends account, I'm not sure if him creating one it will allow the PIN usage(2 accounts, 1 PIN).

Yes it maybe against beta zone rules and it's T&C, but his friend sending him the keycode should work just fine as the keycode is device(PIN) specific, not user specific.
    07-18-11 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD