Except for Verizon, which I'd heard was only temporary (and subsequently missing) ... has ANY US carrier pushed official 10.2.1 out to users yet?

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-12-14 11:54 AM
    Sure doesn't seem like it. That's why you don't wait on your carrier, when the os is readily available to anyone who wants it
    02-12-14 12:04 PM
    Sure doesn't seem like it. That's why you don't wait on your carrier, when the os is readily available to anyone who wants it
    There us no leak that works with T mobile wifi calling. That us why many of us wait.

It is PATHETIC that BlackBerry hasn't gotten past this. They should be working directly with the carriers to get it pushed...instead of just throwing it over the fence for carrier testing.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-12-14 12:33 PM
    Not so far here on T-Mobile
    02-12-14 12:36 PM
    There us no leak that works with T mobile wifi calling. That us why many of us wait.

It is PATHETIC that BlackBerry hasn't gotten past this. They should be working directly with the carriers to get it pushed...instead of just throwing it over the fence for carrier testing.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    I know exactly what you mean! Don't fully understand whats taking so long in carrier testing. I can't imagine how they wouldn't be able to implement the changes they made to the 10.1 update to enable wifi calling to 10.2.1 - I'm no expert but shouldn't it be relatively similar. It's not a completely different OS.
    02-12-14 12:41 PM
    Several reports of pump-fakes from a few of the carriers, but nobody is willing to shoot the J.
    02-12-14 12:47 PM
    I know exactly what you mean! Don't fully understand whats taking so long in carrier testing. I can't imagine how they wouldn't be able to implement the changes they made to the 10.1 update to enable wifi calling to 10.2.1 - I'm no expert but shouldn't it be relatively similar. It's not a completely different OS.
    I place almost full responsibility on BlackBerry.

They should be promoting relationships with carriers that make this seamless. And they should be dedicating support to carrier testing BEFORE they push out changes, so there would then be no further carrier testing required.

I'm fed up with excused BlackBerry!!

Get it done!!

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-12-14 01:26 PM
    You are waaaay off. This is NOT BlackBerrys fault. The carriers have it, and at the end of the day, they get to choose what they do with it.
    02-12-14 02:02 PM
    I place almost full responsibility on BlackBerry.

They should be promoting relationships with carriers that make this seamless. And they should be dedicating support to carrier testing BEFORE they push out changes, so there would then be no further carrier testing required.

I'm fed up with excused BlackBerry!!

Get it done!!

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    Why do people continue to blame BlackBerry? Their job is to release the software to the carriers and after that all the blame is on carriers. The software was released to carriers in January. It's not BlackBerry's fault the US carriers take forever to test the software and put in their bloatware. If your such in a rush to get the update either use Sachesi or a leak. Once again this is the same exact software AT&T will release without the carrier bloatware. BlackBerry is in no position to tell the carriers to release the update.

Posted Via AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    02-12-14 02:04 PM
    BlackBerry's job is to deliver a product that works.

Enough excuses. If they can't get it to the customer...they have failed.. pure and simple.

There was a time when BlackBerry stood for something...for success...getting things done...performance without excuses.

Sadly that time is long gone...and all of the apologists making excuses for them...at the end of the day are not helping.

If their business model doesn't make it to the consumer efficiently... they need to change it.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-12-14 02:33 PM
    Why do people continue to blame BlackBerry? Their job is to release the software to the carriers and after that all the blame is on carriers. The software was released to carriers in January. It's not BlackBerry's fault the US carriers take forever to test the software and put in their bloatware. If your such in a rush to get the update either use Sachesi or a leak. Once again this is the same exact software AT&T will release without the carrier bloatware. BlackBerry is in no position to tell the carriers to release the update.

Do you actually read?

As was noted, there is no leak that supports T mobile wifi calling...that is why many of us will not install a leak

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    anon(7984954) likes this.
    02-12-14 02:35 PM
    Do you actually read?

As was noted, there is no leak that supports T mobile wifi calling...that is why many of us will not install a leak

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    Yes I do read and I'm have posted many times that the only people that shouldn't be installing a leak are those that depend on WIFI calling! The blame still shouldn't be placed on BlackBerry because the US carriers take forever to release updates. Most of the carriers around the world release updates in a timely manner. The US carriers are always last. Again BlackBerry can't control when the US carriers will release updates. Anyone that blames BlackBerry for this is ignorant!

02-12-14 02:48 PM
    Yes I do read and I'm have posted many times that the only people that shouldn't be installing a leak are those that depend on WIFI calling! The blame still shouldn't be placed on BlackBerry because the US carriers take forever to release updates. Most of the carriers around the world release updates in a timely manner. The US carriers are always last. Again BlackBerry can't control when the US carriers will release updates. Anyone that blames BlackBerry for this is ignorant!

If they'd focus a little attention on the US market it wouldn't be this way.

What kind of genius thinks they'll EVER approach number 1 again when they think Jakarta is the place to launch anything?

Sorry to sound US centric...but I'm just being realistic.

What kind of idiots are making these decisions?

The responsibly certainly does lie with BlackBerry and their stupid decisions.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-12-14 03:10 PM
    If they'd focus a little attention on the US market it wouldn't be this way.

What kind of genius thinks they'll EVER approach number 1 again when they think Jakarta is the place to launch anything?

Sorry to sound US centric...but I'm just being realistic.

What kind of idiots are making these decisions?

The responsibly certainly does lie with BlackBerry and their stupid decisions.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    I would argue that you are not being realistic at all. You're just another faceless internet person blowing off steam. Which is fine, that's part of what Internet forums are for, obviously But why would you even think that they are shooting for #1? One step at a time buddy. They are a business, and as a public company, they have a responsibility to investors. They need to make money and stabilize their business before they attempt to take over the world. I mean, look at Apple... Do your homework :P

And I say this very light-heartedly, but what would qualify you to weigh in on business decisions made by a multi-billion dollar company? Hahaha
    02-12-14 05:41 PM
    I would argue that you are not being realistic at all. You're just another faceless internet person blowing off steam. Which is fine, that's part of what Internet forums are for, obviously But why would you even think that they are shooting for #1? One step at a time buddy. They are a business, and as a public company, they have a responsibility to investors. They need to make money and stabilize their business before they attempt to take over the world. I mean, look at Apple... Do your homework :P

And I say this very light-heartedly, but what would qualify you to weigh in on business decisions made by a multi-billion dollar company? Hahaha
    Just watch... they'll be gone by the end of the year... and I don't take pride in saying that.

Very sad.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-12-14 08:18 PM
    Just off the phone with Tmobile. Firstly, I should note that with my business having spent a tremendous amount (7 figures) on Tmobile service over the years, I generally get pretty straight answers when I call (which isn't very often).

Sadly, I can confirm the problem definitely lies with BlackBerry. OS 10.2.0 and 10.2.1 simply are not compatible with Tmobile's wifi calling. So... BlackBerry has released a sub par product that is not compatible for their end users.

The infuriating part of it is they've known this for months... ever since 10.2.0 was released... and they have yet to resolve.

BlackBerry... you are SOOOO close to finished for me. I'll give you to the end of the month... and then sadly, I will be moving on. I'm tired of the lies (Playbook... etc), the stupid decisions (choosing inconsequential markets to launch products), the ignoring of major customers (entire US market), the absolute lack of marketing (hardly anyone outside the fan club even knows what you currently produce)... on and on... it's almost as if they WANT to fail... hard to imagine how school kids could screw up any more...

You are responsible for your own demise... can't be blamed on anyone else.
    02-12-14 08:58 PM
    All of you people complaining that BlackBerry hasnt delivered on the 10.2.1 update, how many of you bought your phone direct from BB. Or did you buy your phone from a US carrier? BB has delivered their os update to their customer, the US carriers. If your carrier hasnt released it to you, how is that BB's fault? And as far as the wifi calling not being available on tmobile, maybe it is the fault of tmobile, not BB. But I suppose that is to radical of a thought for most people.
    Dominick079 likes this.
    02-12-14 09:56 PM
    This really is not a BlackBerry issue. They have no control over how the carriers run things. Every other carrier in the world has launched 10.2.

Blackberry job is done. They released it. It's now up to the carriers to get it to the customers.

All you are doing is looking for someone to blame because you are annoyed/pissed whatever. It's not the end of the world.

The update will come in time. If you really are this fed up, go jump ship. You will find something to rant about there too.

The grass really is not greener on the other side. It only appears to be when something is not going the way you want it.

Posted via CB10
    Dominick079 likes this.
    02-12-14 10:13 PM
    Just watch... they'll be gone by the end of the year... and I don't take pride in saying that.

Very sad.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    Haha, alright buddy, keep telling yourself that.. People have been saying that for about 7 years now and I'm still waiting
    02-12-14 10:25 PM
    Just off the phone with Tmobile. Firstly, I should note that with my business having spent a tremendous amount (7 figures) on Tmobile service over the years, I generally get pretty straight answers when I call (which isn't very often).

Sadly, I can confirm the problem definitely lies with BlackBerry. OS 10.2.0 and 10.2.1 simply are not compatible with Tmobile's wifi calling. So... BlackBerry has released a sub par product that is not compatible for their end users.

The infuriating part of it is they've known this for months... ever since 10.2.0 was released... and they have yet to resolve.

BlackBerry... you are SOOOO close to finished for me. I'll give you to the end of the month... and then sadly, I will be moving on. I'm tired of the lies (Playbook... etc), the stupid decisions (choosing inconsequential markets to launch products), the ignoring of major customers (entire US market), the absolute lack of marketing (hardly anyone outside the fan club even knows what you currently produce)... on and on... it's almost as if they WANT to fail... hard to imagine how school kids could screw up any more...

You are responsible for your own demise... can't be blamed on anyone else.
    Pretty sure we all know how you feel by now... Why not write THEM a letter if you really feel so strongly about it?? Not that it matters, since you clearly made up your mind a long time ago, but BBM does wifi calling exceptionally well. Why not use that while you wait out the month? I'm gonna poke around, but something tells me that statement about BB10 not being compatible with wifi calling, is bogus..
    damien kupuku likes this.
    02-12-14 10:31 PM
    Haha, alright buddy, keep telling yourself that.. People have been saying that for about 7 years now and I'm still waiting
    And they've now reached the place where, if you live in the number 1 consumer market in the world, you can't even walk into a store and hold or buy one of their devices.

Anyone who thinks they'll survive more than a few months in that manner is simply dreaming.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-12-14 11:05 PM
    Pretty sure we all know how you feel by now... Why not write THEM a letter if you really feel so strongly about it?? Not that it matters, since you clearly made up your mind a long time ago, but BBM does wifi calling exceptionally well. Why not use that while you wait out the month? I'm gonna poke around, but something tells me that statement about BB10 not being compatible with wifi calling, is bogus..
    BBM in lieu of wifi calling? You've obviously never run an international business.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong about BB10 not being compatible with wifi calling... PLEASE...

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-12-14 11:08 PM
    Houston, TX.
    got it 2 weeks ago? not sure

unlocked
    02-12-14 11:14 PM
    And they've now reached the place where, if you live in the number 1 consumer market in the world, you can't even walk into a store and hold or buy one of their devices.

Anyone who thinks they'll survive more than a few months in that manner is simply dreaming.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    BBM in lieu of wifi calling? You've obviously never run an international business.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong about BB10 not being compatible with wifi calling... PLEASE...

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    Somehow I have a hard time believing that you have either. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, it's just that you come off as anything but professional As I said, BBM HAS wifi calling built in. Not sure if you knew that or not... Just trying to be helpful. As for BlackBerry going out of business, apparently you're one of few who believes that, because the market certainly disagrees. Aside from all that, I'd gladly make a gentleman's bet that your assumption is incorrect. And if you really want to get technical, I believe the US is actually the 3rd, not the 1st, largest market for mobile devices. And I'm pretty sure it's a distant, distant third
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 02-13-14 at 11:57 AM.
    Dominick079 likes this.
    02-13-14 01:03 AM
    Somehow I have a hard time believing that you have either. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, it's just that you come off as anything but professional As I said, BBM HAS wifi calling built in. Not sure if you knew that or not... Just trying to be helpful. As for BlackBerry going out of business, apparently you're one of few who believes that, because the market certainly disagrees. Aside from all that, I'd gladly make a gentleman's bet that your assumption is incorrect. And if you really want to get technical, I believe the US is actually the 3rd, not the 1st, largest market for mobile devices. And I'm pretty sure it's a distant, distant third
    The US handset market is a very close 2nd to China, which only recently surpassed the US.

And if one spent any amount of time there, you'd notice they pretty much want what the US has available in handsets.

Which doesn't explain why BlackBerry would choose Jakarta to launch anything...makes no sense whatsoever.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-13-14 08:15 PM
28 12