Hello all,

First of all, apologies for the long post.

I am posting this after doing an extensive search in the forum and on the web, and realizing that this problem affects a number of people but still has no solution...so I am hoping that someone might come up with something, as it has been driving me crazy.

So, here we go...

Up until approximately two months ago, everything was working perfectly. However, I have observed over the past couple of months that meeting invites (not confirmations or cancellations, just INVITES) have stopped arriving at my device, but show up in my Google Apps email and calendar as pending to accept. Once I accept the invite through google calendar (the web interface, not the device), the event gets properly synced to my device. But I keep missing invites just because they don't show up on my device and only if I happen to notice them whenever I login through the web interface, I realize that there's something pending to be accepted.

I have to repeat that this issue is observed only with meeting invites. Other meeting "actions" such as cancellations or modifications from any participating parties (i.e. people that are involved in the meeting) show up on my device as they should. I have checked all the basics: Not in spam folder, reset notifications, double check that people were spelling my name correct, even deleted this Google Apps account from my device and reset everything. On a friend's meeting detail, it shows my name (they can even see my schedule because I gave them rights to view) but that I have not responded to the meeting invitation.

Please note also that I have two other personal gmail accounts set up on my Blackberry (i.e. "normal" @gmail.com accounts and not google accounts from a domain that runs Google apps, like the one with the problem) that do NOT show the same behavior, so it is safe to conclude that this is not a Blackberry (or mobile carrier) issue, but only affects my Google Apps account.

I have literally tried everything, from deleting the account to wiping the entire device and reinstalling the OS and everything. And the most annoying thing is that everything used to work perfectly, and it's definitely NOT a device problem, but something associated with the Google Apps domain that my school uses.

I am in contact with the administrator of the said Google Apps domain, who is researching the problem, so any suggestions for him to try would be much appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to read the above!

Best,
    C.
    02-25-12 11:21 PM
    I have exactly the same issue. I have a Google Apps account and new calendar invitations arrive at my web interface and at my iPhone but not at my Bold 9900.
    The moment I accept the invitation at my iPhone or Gmail web interface it suddenly arrives at my Blackberry as it was a new invite.
    It used to work for a few years perfectly but indeed since 1 or 2 months this behavior appears. I have in-depth knowledge of Google Apps, BES and BIS but nevertheless I can't find a solution.
    03-01-12 07:38 AM
    Up until approximately two months ago, everything was working perfectly. However, I have observed over the past couple of months that meeting invites (not confirmations or cancellations, just INVITES) have stopped arriving at my device, but show up in my Google Apps email and calendar as pending to accept. Once I accept the invite through google calendar (the web interface, not the device), the event gets properly synced to my device. But I keep missing invites just because they don't show up on my device and only if I happen to notice them whenever I login through the web interface, I realize that there's something pending to be accepted.

I have to repeat that this issue is observed only with meeting invites. Other meeting "actions" such as cancellations or modifications from any participating parties (i.e. people that are involved in the meeting) show up on my device as they should. I have checked all the basics: Not in spam folder, reset notifications, double check that people were spelling my name correct, even deleted this Google Apps account from my device and reset everything. On a friend's meeting detail, it shows my name (they can even see my schedule because I gave them rights to view) but that I have not responded to the meeting invitation.

Please note also that I have two other personal gmail accounts set up on my Blackberry (i.e. "normal" @gmail.com accounts and not google accounts from a domain that runs Google apps, like the one with the problem) that do NOT show the same behavior, so it is safe to conclude that this is not a Blackberry (or mobile carrier) issue, but only affects my Google Apps account.

I have literally tried everything, from deleting the account to wiping the entire device and reinstalling the OS and everything. And the most annoying thing is that everything used to work perfectly, and it's definitely NOT a device problem, but something associated with the Google Apps domain that my school uses.
    I'm having a similar but not exactly the same problem.

Here's my story, I'm hoping maybe you found an answer.

My company just switched to Google Apps from Exchange for Email, Calendar, Contacts, and Documents. Since that switchover, when someone sends me an event or meeting invite, they're going to my Text Messages, and therefore are never added to my calendar and I cannot accept the invites. I've missed several important meetings as a result.

Has anyone seen this and can offer a solution? I will post the same question in the Google Forums but I'm sure some CrackBerrian has run into this as well.

Thanks.
    03-05-12 10:36 AM
    It's definitely an issue from the Google Apps side...maybe by reviewing change logs for updates that happened about 2 months ago we can conclude to the possible source of the problem? andy957, since you have good command of Google Apps maybe you could look into this!
    03-05-12 10:52 AM
    ...since you have good command of Google Apps maybe you could look into this!
    Thanks, I'm doing so now, as it's actually a critical issue for me. Have posted a similar question in the Google Calendar forum on the Google support forums. I'll report back here as soon as I (hopefully) find out how to fix this annoying issue.
    03-05-12 10:57 AM
    Thanks Andy, it's good that you will be checking this. It's a critical issue for me also, I've actually missed two meetings because of this.
    03-08-12 09:57 PM
    Problem solved. In Google Calendar, do the following:

1. Go to Calendar Settings (the "Gear" icon in the upper-right corner), then select "Settings".
    2. Once on the Settings Page, on the top left, you'll see the following tabs (links): General, Calendars, Mobile Setup, Labs. Click Calendars.
    3. There will be a "Notifications" column (heading) on the right, click on the one for the calendar that you wish to configure. Mine were all set to SMS, and that was the problem.

I also had my IT department deactivate and reactivate my BB just in case, and now everything is working swimmingly.

Unfortunately, however, there is a mandate from my company's CEO to get rid of BB and switch everyone to iPhone or Android. I am refusing...for as long as I can. Love my 9790!

Hope this works for you. Let me know if not and I'll see how I can help.

Cheers
    Last edited by andy957; 03-08-12 at 10:27 PM.
    03-08-12 10:11 PM
    Unfortunately, for me this is not the problem. All Notifications are set to email, and SMS notifications are disabled. Also, I don't have an enterprise BB, so there's nothing to activate or deactivate.

Any other tips to test would be much appreciated.
    03-08-12 10:40 PM
    Shoot, I was really hoping that you could benefit from my research and success as well!

I will see if I can find out anything else. I like these kinds of challenges.

In the meantime any additional information that you can share would be good, for example, do you know if these invites are being sent directly to you or forwarded from someone else, and also what is the sender's email client (I found some wonky things with Outlook & Gmail, that's why I'm asking)? Little details like this sometimes can make a difference. Let me know what you find out.

Stay tuned.
    03-08-12 10:44 PM
    Actually... I wonder if this is all a result of the new Google interface, and if it doesn't play nicely with BB. I only have OS7 devices now (well, except for my 9780 which is a personal one and I cannot test this) but I'm thinking perhaps it is a bug/glitch between the new Google and new BB OS. I don't know.

If both or either of you want to send me a private message with your email address, perhaps we could invite each other to some test meetings to figure this out.
    03-08-12 10:53 PM
    The meeting invites are sent directly to me, as a participant of the event. I have tested creating meetings both in gcal web interface and in Outlook, with the same results .

Also, I don't think it's a result of the new google interface, since meeting invites in my other two "regular" @gmail.com accounts, which use the new interface, arrive just fine on my device.

I also read somewhere that 2-step account verification might affect the BIS "channel" through the meeting invites are routed, but in our google apps domain the 2-step verification is disabled globally, so this is not the case.

The problem showed up from when I was using OS 6.0 on my 9800, and continues to be an issue now that I am using OS 7.0 on my 9900. It goes without question that I've already tried wiping the device and reinstalling everything, with no luck. Again, I think this is something on the google side and the way it interacts with the BIS, and not on the device/os side.

Andy, thanks for devoting your time to look into this! I am grateful for your help and looking forward to your next tip to test .
    03-09-12 08:36 AM
    This drove me mad for ages and I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Finally I discovered that you need to change the
    "Automatically add invitations to my calendar:"

setting within Google Calendar itself from No to Yes for the meeting invites to get delivered to the BlackBerry. I hope this helps.

(To change the setting go into Google Calendar, click the cog button at the top right hand side and select Settings... Scroll down to near the bottom to find the "Automatically add invitations to my calendar" option).
    07-11-12 07:36 AM
    Unfortunately the above solution (changing the "automatically add invitations to my calendar") did not help for me. In fact, mine was already set to "yes." I tried changing this setting to "no," testing it, and then changing it back to "yes" and testing it again to no avail.

I started getting this issue over a year ago. Initially I stopped receiving the meeting invites on my BB over BIS altogether, but now I am receiving them on my blackberry.com e-mail address. I made this post about this when I initially noticed the issue but didn't seem to get any replies. I've had this issue throughout OS' 5, 6, and now 7.1. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Sashko; 08-08-12 at 08:25 AM.
    08-08-12 08:21 AM
    This drove me mad for ages and I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Finally I discovered that you need to change the
    "Automatically add invitations to my calendar:"

setting within Google Calendar itself from No to Yes for the meeting invites to get delivered to the BlackBerry. I hope this helps.

(To change the setting go into Google Calendar, click the cog button at the top right hand side and select Settings... Scroll down to near the bottom to find the "Automatically add invitations to my calendar" option).

UNBELIEVABLE!!! IT WORKED!!! after 2 years of struggling, it was just a matter of a simple tweak! THANK YOU!
    08-11-12 10:54 AM
    Can't say I've noticed a problem myself. I use google sync to do my calendar & I've never had a problem with invites being sent to my work email address and then being accepted into my calendar.

The only time I did have a problem was when I deleted the CICAL service book for my work email address which broke sending of meeting requests, and replying to any I got.
    08-11-12 02:41 PM
    Are you using BES for your work account? This issue is specific to Google accounts (such as Gmail ones as well as Google Apps hosted e-mail services).

My calendar syncs with Google fine, but I never get invites sent to my Gmail account, only to my blackberry.com one.
    08-11-12 02:46 PM
    No my work email is via BIS to a standard IMAP server (non google) - I'm looking to move to BESx via the Atlas connector but I'm waiting for some feed back, or some more RAM for my lab machine.

Ok what you said makes sense about your normal email working but not your google one so sorry if I've had the wrong end of the stick! I actually remember a problem like that a long time ago when I first used the Lightning for thunderbird with a google only account, I would end up hijacking people's meeting invites and google would resend them from the actual google account.
    08-12-12 08:24 AM
    Your issue you had hijacking other people's meeting invites sounds like a separate issue altogether :-)

Either way, I've tried everything suggested on here, and am still unable to receive meeting invites sent to my Gmail account on my BlackBerry, while they show up in the Gmail account when accessing it any other way (via computer, via the mobile site, etc.). Anyone have any additional suggestions?
    08-12-12 10:45 AM
    I have a work account on my BB (not an entreprise or BIS account, just happens to work) and a Googlemail account set up and working fine on email.
    However, any new invite on my work account ends up on my BB but in my Google calendar rather than my "outlook" calendar. Looks fine on my outlook account but can't seem to synch the outlook invites coming in to go my work calendar.
    I can access the settings and set my default calendar to my work calendar, but that only impacts as far as I am aware, any items I set up from by BB not those coming in.
    Let's add something else in at this point, notifylink. So in order for our company email to work on BB, we need to install Notifylink. I did this before and then just hid it and set up the native email account using my work email address and it worked. But i've since started seeing invites coming to me from colleagues at work going into my Google calendar rather than into my work calendar on my BB.
    The main problem here is that my Google calendar is shared with other friends and I don't want them to have to get all the meetings I'm having at work in their shared calendar!!
    I don't know whether the issue lies with the way Notifylink is configured, BB manages Google and other calendars or something else!
    Would be happy to get help on this one and also give out some help if I can on other threads as a newbie!
    Thanks!
    10-05-12 12:14 PM
    Have a check in your service books - check you have ICAL records for both your google & work account.

(Take a backup before doing this) - try delete the service book for the google ICAL entry that should force the phone to use the other one which is your work account - see if that works for what you want (and check it don't break anything else) I've never tried to use a google calendar & and outlook calendar - all of my stuff just points back to google as it has the best X sync with everything and I'm not (at the moment) tied to an outlook account.

As for 'having a work account that's not BIS or BES' I don't understand - the phone must be on a BIS or BES tariff for it to work!
    10-08-12 12:23 PM
    I've had the same issue with inviting Blackberry Calendar invites to another gmail account on my Samsung SG3. The email account on my blackberry was the problem. I deleted the default email that I send the calendar invites from, battery pull(probably not necessary, but did anyways), added back the email account and let it sync, tried a test invite and it worked fine. For some reason it just stopped working a week or so ago, I'm guessing when I updated the OS. I'm running on BIS.
    11-05-12 10:23 AM
    My 9900 has stopped working with Gmail calendar invites. I was having an issue with sync, so I unticked calendar sync on my Blackberry, then reticked it, and now the invites don't appear. That's a major pain for me and has me seriously considering moving away from Blackberry for the first time ever, even though it may well be a Google issue.
    03-05-13 03:25 PM
    It's working again now. I deleted my Gmail account from the 9900, did a battery pull, and set it back up again on the 9900. Magic!
    03-14-13 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD