I just wanted to say goodbye (for now) and thank you crackberry family. My Tour was stolen last Friday and I am shelling out of pocket for a new phone. Sadly RIM has very little compelling at the moment, don't want to pay out the donkey for outdated hardware. So I will be back as soon as the next gen RIM devices show (sweet lord QNX quick please!)
    I actually loved my tour, never had issues the haters had.
    So, thanks again everyone, thanks crack team, I will hopefully see you all soon.

D

PS QNX quick, sounds like a good chant for a rally to make RIM hurry!
    04-18-11 09:43 AM
    why not buy a cheap second hand BB to get you by until something better comes out?
    beamolite likes this.
    04-18-11 10:07 AM
    I just wanted to say goodbye (for now) and thank you crackberry family. My Tour was stolen last Friday and I am shelling out of pocket for a new phone. Sadly RIM has very little compelling at the moment, don't want to pay out the donkey for outdated hardware.
    I know what you mean. I had a scare a few weeks back where I thought I had killed my Tour (spilled a drink on it, but was able to dry it out over night using the bag of rice trick...works perfect now). I didn't know what I was going to do for a replacement, as I'm stuck with US Cellular as my provider right now (business reasons). $129.99 for a Bold, AFTER rebate?! Only other option they have right now is the Curve. *Blech*.
    04-18-11 11:10 AM
    yeah i would just bought a used tour you can find them all over fairly cheap and im even gonna prob be selling mine here soon since i should be getting the bold
    04-18-11 11:11 AM
    I love my Tour but I was in need of a change for awhile...I had a few people wanting to buy it from me but I don't ever want to part with, I was even thinking about giving it to my mom but I just can't do it...so I use it as my alarm clock...
    04-18-11 11:21 AM
    why not buy a cheap second hand BB to get you by until something better comes out?
    +1 with this advice. No sence paying full price for something ur going to upgrade anyways.

BTW Fubaz, LOVE ur signature. RIP B.I.G
    04-18-11 12:52 PM
    I looked into an early upgrade with my carrier (sasktel) and from the choices they had at that time (that were worth getting) it was between a torch or bold 9780 or new HTC incredible s. The cost with upgrade fee was approx $400 for all three devices. The torch was $640 outright the bold was $550 or the HTC for 500! For $100 more I get a brand new phone, the berry tech is too old to justify the expense. I am really enjoying android, thinking I may come back with the bold touch 2, whenever that is, then it will be a QNX phone with a 20 core chip! I do miss BBM.

D
    05-06-11 07:04 PM
    05-06-11 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD