05-23-14 03:56 PM
879 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Thanks naviwilliams!

I have this same issue on my 8800, but I never even thought to address the issue.
    Honestly, I wasn't expecting a solution.

Kudos.
    11-08-07 12:19 PM
    AWESOMEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee no more driving nuts! thank you naviwilliams you pwn.. K I'm gonna go login to my BIS and filter myselffffff! ty
    11-08-07 11:27 PM
    For verizon users.. do it from your blackberry not from the PC.

I just got off the phone w/ VzW and they told me that because of some agreement they have with Google, you can no longer set up filters through the BIS, you have to set them up through Gmail. This presents the obvious problem that I can't filter my Gmail msgs that are sent from my desktop from coming into my BB. Thoughts?

When I go into the BIS site, it has my email account that it says "EDIT... DELETE", there is no Filter. Has anyone else run into this for Verizon or has anyone figured out a solution?
    11-18-07 09:33 PM
    I just got off the phone w/ VzW and they told me that because of some agreement they have with Google, you can no longer set up filters through the BIS, you have to set them up through Gmail. This presents the obvious problem that I can't filter my Gmail msgs that are sent from my desktop from coming into my BB. Thoughts?

When I go into the BIS site, it has my email account that it says "EDIT... DELETE", there is no Filter. Has anyone else run into this for Verizon or has anyone figured out a solution?

Well I have the Filters Icon when accessing
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw via my PC Web-browser. What i meant originally was accessing it through your blackberry was to set up the INITIAL acct based on the above URL. Once set up you can access it via the PC and sit there and access/edit your filters.

Like any tech support folk. its a hit or miss.
    Lemme know on this. Good luck!
    11-18-07 09:38 PM
    Thank GOD i didn't even know you could apply a filter to stop those emails.

Thanks again
    11-20-07 10:39 PM
    Well I have the Filters Icon when accessing via my PC Web-browser. What i meant originally was accessing it through your blackberry was to set up the INITIAL acct based on the above URL. Once set up you can access it via the PC and sit there and access/edit your filters.

Like any tech support folk. its a hit or miss.
    Lemme know on this. Good luck!
    Just a word of wisdom for Gmail users on Verizon, you first must access the BIS site through your BB to get your account set up. You might have to call VzW to get them to "fully activate" your BIS account. Then you can access it through the PC, via the links plastered all over this forum. When accessed through the BIS site, you can easily set your filters.
    11-21-07 10:05 AM
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem for T-Mobile users?
    11-27-07 12:21 PM
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem for T-Mobile users?
    go here

then here and follow the instructions by Naviwilliams

If you get problems logging onto the Tmobile BIS site give them a call and they should be able to get you up and running - they tend to set up an 'instantmobile' email address for you aswell
    11-27-07 12:31 PM
    thank you so much i thought i was going to go crazy myself
    11-27-07 12:33 PM
    I'm a new user and I've tried to set up my account via the web - after successfully setting up via bb. No joy. I get a message telling me I must access my account via the bb. Called ATT and got nowhere. I can't get in to access filters... Is there a "secret handshake" I need to use with ATT support? They told me I should be able to access filters via the bb. I don't see that option. ATT support also told me I'd need to buy a new, special Sim for the 8700c I purchased on ebay. Not true.
    Thanks
    Ed
    11-27-07 10:43 PM
    I'm so happy I found this thread! It's been driving me nuts too. I have set up 2 gmail accounts through the BB and was trying to get into the BIS on my desktop. I followed the instructions and entered my PIN and IMEI but was told to log in on my phone? I have AT&T...
    11-28-07 02:23 PM
    Thanks for addressing this. It was killing me. All it took was a little searching and I was able to find this thread. Thanks bro.
    11-28-07 06:35 PM
    I just got my 8130 from VZN today.. my first internet-enabled phone.. love it so far.
    I followed this thread to access my BIS for the filters and I cannot get any of the links to work on my PC or my BB.. it says the page can't be opened, or I see this:

The site cannot be accessed in this manner. Please use the URL or link provided to you by your service provider.

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by unfluid one; 11-28-07 at 08:02 PM.
    11-28-07 07:57 PM
    11-28-07 08:08 PM
    sweet geez i was putting "vzn" and not "vzw" the whole time.
    thanks!
    ok so from here.. where do i add filters. I went to "edit" and see fields about reply-to and such, but no filters.
    and this is through the BB.
    If i try to register via desktop and it asks for my pin and ESN #s, it says acct not accessibly via html browser and to use my device... and of course the page doesn't come up on my BB.
    Last edited by unfluid one; 11-28-07 at 09:01 PM.
    11-28-07 08:25 PM
    thanks for the tip navi
    Last edited by billnye; 11-28-07 at 09:05 PM.
    11-28-07 09:02 PM
    Thank you so much, that was driving me insane!
    11-29-07 10:20 PM
    This was driving me nuts! Thanks!
    11-30-07 11:38 AM
    Thank you!
    12-03-07 01:04 AM
    i've had that issue.. btu at times it don't bother me.. i just delete everything anyway
    12-03-07 01:14 PM
    Hello again.

I am not able to start my own thread with quesitons, so I apologize for having to pick a thread and put my questions into it. I need help! The phones are so new to the Sprint store no one there can help me and I certainly am having trouble figuring it out!

First off, i started to set up my email, then decided not to. When i tried to finish setting up my email (I do not want my work emails to come into my phone or visa versa, i only want to send an email or recieve one perhaps-is this even possible?-with a phone email?) I was asked for a pin. I have no created a pin yet. Is there a default pin i should be using?

Second, Every night at midnight (after i had the phone for about three days) my phone will delete all of my text messages, as well as my call log. What could be causing this? I have traded my phone in once, thinking it was software, but this phone is doing it as well. Help!
    12-04-07 12:24 PM
    I am on a BES, and I tried to sign into my online BIS through Verizon to activate the filter for gmail as suggested in this post. However I got a message saying that I could only enter through my device. I then tried to create a filter from the Message Options/Email filters of my device. I created a filter where "from" was my gmail account, and then selected "do not forward", but it did not work. Would love some advice!

Thanks!
    12-04-07 12:31 PM
    I have all of the filters that have been suggested in place and they work fine except when I happen to use my desktop (Outlook) to send a message via email. The sent email immediately pops up on my BB as a new message. I have tried every filter I can think of and so far nothing. I usually do not bother with these types of questions until I have searched all of my usual forums, which I have done and here I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all for the bountiful information provided in these forums.

Kaptain Krazee
    12-06-07 03:03 PM
    Navi,

Thanks so much. The only problem now, is that I cannot send myself emails (like reminders or pix or whatever.) I like to send myself things once in a while, but with this filter, can't do it.)
    12-10-07 03:56 AM
    <3

Thank you SO MUCH this has been driving me insane
    12-16-07 02:35 PM
879 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD