05-23-14 02:56 PM
879 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Oh thank you so much! This had driven me crazy to the point that I was using gmail app instead but didn't like very much. I'm so glad to have this fixed. You have saved the day!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 10:07 AM
    As a matter of fact, if you're on AT&T, this is not needed anymore. AT&T have the new BIS 2.6, and thus IMAP for Gmail, thus no more filter needed for sent items...

Oh thank you so much! This had driven me crazy to the point that I was using gmail app instead but didn't like very much. I'm so glad to have this fixed. You have saved the day!

04-08-09 10:48 AM
    Thanks!

04-08-09 11:37 AM
    Also, you can modify your settings within Gmail to such that Gmail archives it's copy of the message rather than sending it out AGAIN as a new message. I've also found that if you forward Gmail to your BB account rather than configuring BIS to retrieve it, you receive mail instantly rather than the 3-5 min delay.
    What/where in Gmail settings can keep your outgoing mail from going into the inbox as new mail... I already know I sent a freaking email.. I just sent it! I can't believe Gmail doesn't make this an easier fix!

I tried to do a filter, adding my own gmail address as the one to be filtered into my "sent" box, but it still forwards to my BB... This is driving me crazy. I'm only on page 2 of this thread, but I don't have a BIS account so I can't solve it as described so far... I'll keep reading through all these pages but this is pretty frustrating. I'm about to dump my gmail account but other than this I love my gmail! Thanks for any help you can give on where in Gmail (or otherwise) I can fix this.
    04-10-09 11:57 AM
    ...seems to me, during your filter setup, you missed a step.

But, in addition, if your carrier is using the new BIS 2.6, the filter is no longer needed. Just remove your email account from BIS, and re-add it.

What/where in Gmail settings can keep your outgoing mail from going into the inbox as new mail... I already know I sent a freaking email.. I just sent it! I can't believe Gmail doesn't make this an easier fix!

I tried to do a filter, adding my own gmail address as the one to be filtered into my "sent" box, but it still forwards to my BB... This is driving me crazy. I'm only on page 2 of this thread, but I don't have a BIS account so I can't solve it as described so far... I'll keep reading through all these pages but this is pretty frustrating. I'm about to dump my gmail account but other than this I love my gmail! Thanks for any help you can give on where in Gmail (or otherwise) I can fix this.
    04-10-09 12:24 PM
    THANK YOU ncc1701p! I don't have a BIS account, so a lot of the directions here didn't apply... and specifying that you need to go to the site FROM YOUR BB was VERY HELPFUL!! Going from your BB makes it a whole lot easier! The Gmail sent mail confirmation 'feature' is so annoying... I can't believe they haven't made it easier to change your preferences. Thanks again!!!
    04-10-09 01:52 PM
    This is a great resource. I was just dealing with this first thing this morning.
    04-14-09 08:51 AM
    The only thing is: Sometimes when I'm on my laptop I like to email myself things to download from my blackberry... This will stop me from being able to email myself things to my phone intentionally...

This makes me a sad panda

Although I hate hate hate receiving the 'confirmation' email, it's almost worth it to be able to email myself info that won't fit into a text, links, etc.

Any suggestions?

Crackberry Rocks!
    04-16-09 01:33 AM
    The only thing is: Sometimes when I'm on my laptop I like to email myself things to download from my blackberry... This will stop me from being able to email myself things to my phone intentionally...

Although I hate hate hate receiving the 'confirmation' email, it's almost worth it to be able to email myself info that won't fit into a text, links, etc.

Any suggestions?

Crackberry Rocks!
    Have you deleted your gmail account and then re-added it yet? With the BIS 2.6 which just about every carrier has rolled out now, the filter is no longer necessary and you can email yourself stuff from your computer to your phone.

That would be my 1st reccomendation to try. If that doesn't work or you don't want to do it (it also gives you more functionality with your messges, like when you read it on your BB, it marks as read on your computer), create another filter in your BIS settings that says when the To: line has your email address in it, forward to device. This should aleviate your problem. However, I woud suggest the deleting, then readding your GMail account to your BB BIS account, since this fixes all sorts of problems.

04-16-09 04:40 AM

Any suggestions?

Crackberry Rocks!
    Before BIS 2.6 most of the time I hated receiving a copy of the sent email on my BlackBerry when I was sending from my BlackBerry.

I did like being able to email my BB from Gmail on my PC or receiving a copy of what I sent to someone from my PC on my BB.

You can probably add the filter that was described in the previous reply or I found a new use for my BlackBerry email address (me@sprint.blackberry.net).

I've been emailing the BB address from my PC and that has been working fine.

04-16-09 09:38 AM
    I didn't go through all posts since 2207, so this may have already been asked and answered....sorry if repetitious

Whew, was I glad to see this thread. Now the question is: once I have set up my filter (hopefully it works); can I delete all the RIM messages in my 'verizon' email account ?
    04-21-09 07:52 AM
    OK here is a question for the group and esspecially Naviwilliams who seems so knowledgable. I downloaded some ringtones from crackberry and I can see them when I go to set a ringtone for someone in my contact list but it does not work. Also when I go to media and ringtones they are not recognized there (they are mp3 files). Any suggestions
    Thanks
    Mike
    04-21-09 09:49 PM
    I went through and followed the directions to set the filters on BIS - even contacted Verizon - still does not work for me. Everytime I respond to an email on my PC, I get another copy of the email I responded to on my BB. Anyone have a clue on how to stop this? I just recieved a new Storm, after having problems with a previous one. Anyway - the previous one did not do this and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it stop on this one.
    04-23-09 08:46 AM
    I thought the release of BIS 2.6 fixed this issue. I had this just like everyone else when BIS 2.6 came out I deleted my gmail, resynced it and made sure IMAP was selected in Gmail preferences and walla no more sent messages coming to the berry.
    04-23-09 11:09 AM
    Theanswer, you deleted gmail from your berry as well as the bis website?

04-23-09 09:33 PM
    Worked amazing thank you.

for gmail on telus phone at least.. if you dont think you have set the service up you can go to the bis service on the phone and select create username and then you set your password (on the phone) and then go on the computer and the bis site for your phone and it worked.

Thanks again everyone
    04-24-09 09:05 AM
    Theanswer, you deleted gmail from your berry as well as the bis website?

Yeah everything I read said you had to resync your gmail for the 2.6 changes to work, so I went on bis deleted gmail and I took out the service books on my bb. Then I reregistered my gmail accounts and everything works perfect.
    04-24-09 09:13 AM
    [QUOTE=naviwilliams;7483]Log into your BIS account (your phone company's site) and go to your email account, and add a filter there...

***this works for ALL BIS websites. Also, find your carrier's website, QUOTE]

thank you for this! you have saved my life.
    04-25-09 05:03 AM
    Excellent post! I have tried everything. Thanks for the screen shots!!!!
    04-26-09 02:34 PM
    im trying to do this but i cant log on to sprints BIS website. i had my password sent to me, and i think i remember my username but it keeps saying invalid username or password. i remembered you cant log on when using firefox, but i cant do it with IE either.
    04-27-09 01:04 AM
    I downloaded the latest version of Facebook, and updated my address book, however, since that time, I can't view anyone or any numbers in my address book on my BB Pearl - it says I have 63 contacts but I cant find any of them?
    04-27-09 04:19 PM
    im trying to do this but i cant log on to sprints BIS website. i had my password sent to me, and i think i remember my username but it keeps saying invalid username or password. i remembered you cant log on when using firefox, but i cant do it with IE either.

Its giving you that error because the phones PIN is already registered on the Blackberry Email Server. Call whatever company the phone is serviced with and ask to speak with their Blackberry Department. They should be able to take the PIN off the server and get things going. This happened to me.
    04-28-09 12:09 AM
    Its giving you that error because the phones PIN is already registered on the Blackberry Email Server. Call whatever company the phone is serviced with and ask to speak with their Blackberry Department. They should be able to take the PIN off the server and get things going. This happened to me.
    ill try that tomorrow, but ive logged on to the BIS website before and changed my email settings, so i dont know why i cant now.
    04-28-09 12:22 AM
    ill try that tomorrow, but ive logged on to the BIS website before and changed my email settings, so i dont know why i cant now.
    well, if you do it this way its one step closer to getting this done. if they delete you out of the system you can start fresh.
    04-28-09 03:25 AM
    thanx for this helpful hint.

I have tried to read the rest of the threads to find out another problem but it was a bit too much.
    maybe you also know how can i receive on my outlook the mails that i send with my blackberry???
    I see that the sent messages from BB are not marked "open" on Gmail and i believe that might be the cause that Outlook is not fetching the mail.
    Would appreciate some advice or a link if this subject was already discussed..

cheers
    04-28-09 07:58 AM
879 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD