05-23-14 02:56 PM
879 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    i tried with the esn, worked perfectly. thanks everybody!
    02-20-09 05:32 PM
    Hi Robames,

ok two things.. and to satisfy the mod of taking the thread back to the original track.

For us VZW people... goto BlackBerry Internet Service FROM YOUR BLACKBERRY!!!!! Thats the key trick. I called VZW and it was simple. The faqs on the website need to be updated to reflrect this. Its the right address but VZW has done this for security reasons that if you do it from your 8830 then you are who you say you are. Then follow the prompts to register. Then access the website from your PC's browser.

Once you get in there. if you have a gmail account. Create a filter for that account :
    Apply filter when: "From Field"
    Contains: Input your gmail address here

Then at the bottom Toggle: Do not forward messages to device

And you are done. Hope this helps.

To Navilyn:

Since you don't accept posts can you mod whatever thread out there that you list under your links for verizon to create the initial account you have to goto BlackBerry Internet Service (which equates to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en) has to be run initially from your blackberry if you want to edit/add filters. I was wrestling with this for two weeks before i found the correct info. I couldnt find this here nor other blackberry related websites.
    Very helpful thanks...Navi as well..great job fellas
    02-21-09 08:47 PM
    THANK YOU!!! I've been fooling with this all day. Thank you for listing it out step by step.
    What do you put for Filter On: Box? There is CC Adrress, To Address, High Priority email, New Email, Subject, to Address??? I got a gmail account and everytime I get email and a message from the same person, Its almost like I have two gmail accounts?? Very Confused? Someone please help.
    02-21-09 09:05 PM
    Thanks. This worked great. It was annoying getting the emails that I sent.
    02-22-09 02:01 PM
    I use Gmail for personal mail. Is it possible to make it stop sending a copy of the emails I send to my BlackBerry. Do I just need to make a filter on Gmail? If so, what all should I filter?
    02-22-09 07:22 PM
    I use Gmail for personal mail. Is it possible to make it stop sending a copy of the emails I send to my BlackBerry. Do I just need to make a filter on Gmail? If so, what all should I filter?
    Read the beginning posts of this thread. It tells you exactly what to do. That's what this post is for.
    02-22-09 07:49 PM
    Has anyone run into the issue i have...

I cant remember the user name used on the BIS website. SO how do i go about getting that?
    02-24-09 09:08 AM
    Lludacrisboy,

You'll need to call your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 09:54 AM
    Ok, im just going to add something to this Thread for Verizon users that might be having issues getting this done. I read thru a lot of posts and i couldnt figure it out. I DID skip some posts though.

1st, i couldnt find a link on Verizons page to do this, but i actually think there is one somewhere, just not sure where. First, go to this page, https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw.

When i went to the page to try and set up my filters, i couldnt remember a password, so i asked for one to be sent. It said it sent it to my phone, but i never got it. Hmm. So i tried to set up an account. Said i already had one. Hmmm. I finally/stubbornly picked up the phone and called Verizon. He had me on the BIS page in 2 minutes. He actually had to set up my account. You pick a username, they give a PW and you can change it 2 minutes later. I set up the filter and voila, no more copies to myself.

Oh yeah, the filter instruction on page one of this thread are perfect, it was just getting on the BIS page that had me confused.

as an aside...it kind of creeps me out all the people that can probably access all my information, between verzion and my company.
    02-24-09 04:51 PM
    I had the same issue today! Trying to get in on the BIS page. It said an account with my pin was already set up. I'm also a little annoyed that my info is "out there" (not that I have anything exciting going on, but still). I'm glad I found your post at the end of this.

UPDATE: After calling Verizon and having them set up my account I immediately changed the password. My gmail acocunt is marked as "invalid" and I should click and enter the password to validate it. Every time I do that, it tells me the password is incorrect. I went ahead an logged into gmail just in case I am crazy, and the password worked just fine

UPDATE AGAIN! I was able to leave my account as "invalid" and set up the filter and it's working. I still don't get the invalid status, but whatever!

UPDATE- I had to correct the invalid problem on the BB rather than on the website. But the website does not say that of course. After all, this is Verizon we're talking about.
    Last edited by Andy_and_Sue; 02-27-09 at 04:31 PM.
    02-26-09 02:51 PM
    google : verizon bis

login and create a filter for your gmail account in the from sender section.
    02-26-09 04:44 PM
    this worked well thank you.
    02-26-09 08:43 PM
    Ok. For some reason, this filter thingy isn't working for me.

I set up the email account for my (username)@crackberry.com. I made it my default email for gmail.com. Then I used my BIS and filtered my email and entered my gmail account just like the instructions on page 1. I'm still getting the copies of the emails I sent. Then I changed the email addy to my crackberry.com addy and then I stopped getting copies. BUT I stopped getting emails too. ?? now I"m super confused. HELP!!
    03-02-09 02:56 PM
    Hi Robames,

ok two things.. and to satisfy the mod of taking the thread back to the original track.

For us VZW people... goto BlackBerry Internet Service FROM YOUR BLACKBERRY!!!!! Thats the key trick. I called VZW and it was simple. The faqs on the website need to be updated to reflrect this. Its the right address but VZW has done this for security reasons that if you do it from your 8830 then you are who you say you are. Then follow the prompts to register. Then access the website from your PC's browser.

Once you get in there. if you have a gmail account. Create a filter for that account :
    Apply filter when: "From Field"
    Contains: Input your gmail address here

Then at the bottom Toggle: Do not forward messages to device

And you are done. Hope this helps.

To Navilyn:

Since you don't accept posts can you mod whatever thread out there that you list under your links for verizon to create the initial account you have to goto BlackBerry Internet Service (which equates to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en) has to be run initially from your blackberry if you want to edit/add filters. I was wrestling with this for two weeks before i found the correct info. I couldnt find this here nor other blackberry related websites.
    I tried all of that and it still will not let me on the BIS website. I just switched from Sprint and had no problems there. I can get there on my Storm but that is it. I even tried to request my password, but I get a text that says "User name and password do not exist. Please use your device to access BIS." So then I tried to register a new account and the BIS site says that the PIN is already registered. HELP!
    03-02-09 03:49 PM
    Disregard my last message. I figured it out. I had my gmail account set up to use BIS on my phone but I never completed the BIS registration from my device. I thought setting up the gmail account was enough, but now I am in.
    03-02-09 04:08 PM
    Blackberry support forum has a helpful explanation and solution for this. I'd post the link, but I'm too much of a newbie and Crackberry.com won't allow me...yet.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!
    03-05-09 12:45 PM
    Well....for further follow up, the BB S&E site is good info. But, for us Verizon customers, the best solution is to call the 1-800 number and let them walk you through it. It took me literally less than 5 minutes to make the call, and get the filter set up.
    03-05-09 01:12 PM
    Here's the explanation and solution from BB:

Duplicate sent email message arrives on the BlackBerry smartphone when sent using an integrated Gmail account

Overview
    A Gmail webmail account (for example, <name>@gmail.com) is integrated with the BlackBerry Internet Service account. When sending an email message from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Gmail service book (<name>@gmail.com) or from the Gmail webmail account web site, a copy of the sent email message arrives on the BlackBerry smartphone as a new email message.

Cause
    Gmail webmail accounts do not have separate sent items and inbox folders. The Gmail account web page contains a Sent Mail link on the left side, but this is not a separate folder from the inbox.

Gmail email messages are grouped into conversations, resulting in all sent email messages and replies from others appearing as a single email message entry in the inbox. This grouping allows for easy reading and viewing on the Gmail web page, but, when integrated with the BlackBerry Internet Service account, results in copies of sent email messages arriving on the BlackBerry smartphone as new email messages.

Resolution
    Complete one of the following resolutions:

Remove and re-integrate the Gmail webmail account. For instructions on how to remove and re-integrate a Gmail webmail account, see KB04620 and KB02189, respectively.

To prevent sent email messages from arriving on the BlackBerry smartphone each time one is sent, create a filter in the BlackBerry Internet Service account to block the sending of those email messages to the BlackBerry smartphone.

To create a filter, perform the following steps:

Log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account. For instructions on how to log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account, see KB03781.
    Click the Filters icon next to the integrated Gmail webmail account.

Click Add a Filter to create a new filter.

Configure the filter so that email messages are not sent to the BlackBerry smartphone if the email message originates from the Gmail webmail account integration. To configure this filter, complete the following steps:
    Type a name for the filter in the Filter Name field. For example, My sent Gmail email messages.
    Set the Apply filter when field to "FROM" field.
    Type the Gmail webmail address in the Contains field. For example, <user name>@gmail.com.
    Select the Do not forward messages to device option.
    Click Add Filter.

Note: After creating this filter, email messages will not be received on the BlackBerry smartphone if sent from the Gmail webmail account.

Additional Information
    Gmail webmail accounts store all email messages in one central location. Email messages are sorted using a Hidden and Visible labeling system. The labels for the links on the left side of the Gmail webmail account user interface, such as the Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Mail links, use hidden labels on each of the email messages. This feature allows the email messages to be viewed as though they are in separate folders.

The BlackBerry Internet Service retrieves email messages from the Gmail Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) server. POP3, by design, does not support the proprietary labeling system. As such, any email message that arrives in the Inbox of the Gmail POP3 messaging server (including sent email messages) appears as a new email message and is redirected to the BlackBerry smartphone.
    03-05-09 01:15 PM
    Ahhhhh awesome! Thank you!
    03-06-09 12:27 AM
    I have been trying to figure this out....much thanks.
    03-06-09 09:57 AM
    Got it, thanks for the quick replies. : )
    03-07-09 10:04 AM
    Thanks for this! The duplicates from gmail have been driving me insane!
    03-08-09 11:31 AM
    Thanks! This helped me a lot.

Was driving me insane before I found this thread
    03-09-09 06:26 PM
    Thanks for this thread
    03-09-09 06:42 PM
    thx a ton!!!
    03-10-09 05:14 AM
879 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD