05-23-14 02:56 PM
879 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Ok, I set up an account through the BlackBerry site on my phone... it works... emails go through and everything. But for some reason I can't log into the regular site through Verizon. It says "check your information and try again" Anyway... these constant sent messages coming back to me is driving me crazy! I will call Verizon and see what they have to say about it.
    Last edited by Majestical; 11-17-08 at 12:30 AM.
    11-16-08 11:35 PM
    Ok... I called Verizon this morning and they said that since I had set up other email accounts before setting up a BB account, the BB site assigned me a user name (cell phone number) and password (pin number) so they had to go in and re-set everything. I set up the filters and it's working great now! Thanks everyone!!!!!
    11-17-08 10:39 AM
    This was a great tip... i wonder why gmail was set up to do this? Any ideas?

I also wonder this: Why does my yahoo email have a "purple Y logo" but my gmail doesnt have the red envelope logo next to the globe?
    11-18-08 12:17 PM
    Thanks worked great!
    11-18-08 04:38 PM
    FYI:

If setting up a filter as described at the beginning of this thread doesn't solve the problem, just go into your gmail settings and disable POP downloading.
    11-23-08 02:02 PM
    This was a great tip... i wonder why gmail was set up to do this? Any ideas?

I also wonder this: Why does my yahoo email have a "purple Y logo" but my gmail doesnt have the red envelope logo next to the globe?

Because GMAIL is being added as a user defined account. They don't have a mail template like yahoo and msn. I think it's a Verizon thing because every phone, smartphone or dumbphone, I have ever had would process gmail with the right settings but would always look like a default account. When I loaded my yahoo and msn accounts they all had their respective themes.

Do companies just hate Google? It even took Apple a couple of software updates to decide to support gmail by default.
    11-26-08 12:13 PM
    Ugh. My BIS filter isn't working (when trying to block my gmail drafts/sent mail duplicates). Any suggestions? I guess I am going to have ping ATTW about this.
    11-26-08 12:57 PM
    YOU ARE A GENIUS-I have been searching all day to figure out how to fix this problem on my new curve. I was almost ready to bring it back and stick with my old BB. I am so happy I am not going to get duplicate emails now. THANK YOU and happy thanksgiving!
    11-26-08 02:32 PM
    OMG!!!!!!! I have been annoyed and perplexed by this since i got my phone. Thank you!!!!!
    11-26-08 05:16 PM
    i did this now i get no emails sent to my BB? ne one else with this prob?
    11-26-08 07:05 PM
    I am having problems with my Gmail setup on my BB Bold, I can recieve emails no probs, however, when I send a message from my BB, It never seems to arrive at the recipient!

Anyone have any ideas?

Stewart
    11-27-08 03:03 PM
    I've got the same problem as Collector. When I set up the filter it stops the duplicate messages from coming into my inbox, but it also stops all other associated messages as well. In other words, if I send an e-mail and someone replies, I never get the reply on my BB. It goes to my Gmail inbox, though.

Anybody have any suggestions?
    11-29-08 03:07 PM
    I have t mobile and I am trying to filter it so that I dont get a copy. I cant find the tmobile BIS site to log into for the usa. I tried the one that is on this thread but it says my phone is for another carrier. Is there a way to do this for t mobile customers in the USA?
    11-29-08 05:46 PM
    Man I am so glad I found this post.. cause that is been the most annoying thing since using gmail through my blackberry
    12-01-08 04:28 AM
    well my situation is a bit different but bothersome nonetheless,every time I get an email on my hotmail account it duplicates in my gmail account,however this only happens in my bb not when I log into my gmail from a computer,any help ??????
    12-02-08 05:44 PM
    First off, thank you everyone for providing all this information, as I have been able to transition into my blackberry storm with very little difficulty. I am one of the many that continue to get a copy of all emails sent from my Blackberry when using my gmail account. I have gone to the above site and attempted to create an account, only to be told the my pin/IMEI #'s are already associated with an account.

I have attempted to go to gmail to set up a filter that would recognize emails with the "from" address, the gmail address i select when sending out emails from my blackberry, and take those emails and put them directly into archive. I thought this would avoid gmail recognizing these emails as new emails, thus avoid my blackberry from pulling it and sending it back to me. Haven't found anything to work yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    12-03-08 09:36 PM
    First off, thank you everyone for providing all this information, as I have been able to transition into my blackberry storm with very little difficulty. I am one of the many that continue to get a copy of all emails sent from my Blackberry when using my gmail account. I have gone to the above site and attempted to create an account, only to be told the my pin/IMEI #'s are already associated with an account.

I have attempted to go to gmail to set up a filter that would recognize emails with the "from" address, the gmail address i select when sending out emails from my blackberry, and take those emails and put them directly into archive. I thought this would avoid gmail recognizing these emails as new emails, thus avoid my blackberry from pulling it and sending it back to me. Haven't found anything to work yet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    You shouldn't need to setup or login to a BIS account using your PC, it's all done through your phone. On your Storm, just go to Email Settings under the Setup icon. This should display your current BIS account email addresses. Now click the menu button on your Storm and choose Filters or click the little snowflake looking icon at the bottom of the screen between the Edit and Delete icons. Now just enter in the appropriate filter data as described in this thread.

Does anyone have a solution for if you want to send yourself messages through your Gmail account but don't want duplicates sent? Setting up this filter will remove the duplicates but there are time when you may want to send yourself something.

Jason
    12-04-08 03:58 PM
    woo thx good guide
    12-04-08 04:02 PM
    Sweet thanks alot! That was easy
    12-06-08 05:02 AM
    Thank you for this help.
    I'm on the learning curve.
    12-06-08 06:48 PM
    You shouldn't need to setup or login to a BIS account using your PC, it's all done through your phone. On your Storm, just go to Email Settings under the Setup icon. This should display your current BIS account email addresses. Now click the menu button on your Storm and choose Filters or click the little snowflake looking icon at the bottom of the screen between the Edit and Delete icons. Now just enter in the appropriate filter data as described in this thread.

Does anyone have a solution for if you want to send yourself messages through your Gmail account but don't want duplicates sent? Setting up this filter will remove the duplicates but there are time when you may want to send yourself something.

Jason
    i have my gmail account linked to my BB storm. Im also having the duplicate copy problem but when i did what you said, the screen said "create account"???? or "log in" i tried logging in using my gmail account info but obv. didn't work. any suggestions?
    12-07-08 09:00 PM
    I liked the "feature" as it was an easy way to quickly store pics to my phone's memory card a the same time. lol
    12-07-08 09:18 PM
    When you added your GMail account to your Storm, was it done via the pc, or the device? Basically, you should go to BIS, via the same method when you added your GMail account. Once in, you should be able to add the 'filter', etc...

i have my gmail account linked to my BB storm. Im also having the duplicate copy problem but when i did what you said, the screen said "create account"???? or "log in" i tried logging in using my gmail account info but obv. didn't work. any suggestions?
    12-08-08 04:02 PM
    where is the BIS? i did it via Black Berry. Thanks for answering my n00b questions!
    12-08-08 05:18 PM
    Thanks SO MUCH. I was on the phone with T-Mobile for 45 min and we THOUGHT we figured it out, but minus adding the new filter. All we did was stop ALL messages from being sent to the device. I (thankfully) found this post and it ALL made sense. Things are working just fine. Now if I could only find a way to upgrade my OS using a Mac...
    12-08-08 09:59 PM
879 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD