This thread helped me out as well. I decided to add a Gmail account to my Berry and already knew of this thread. The setup was no problem and it works just how I want it to...
    10-03-08 08:01 PM
    Very handy tip. That thing was annoying! Thanks!
    10-10-08 11:26 AM
    Glad I found this! Thx!
    10-10-08 04:28 PM
    will this work with hotmail account????

i try a couple times but doesnt seem to be working
    10-11-08 10:28 AM
    Log into your BIS account (your phone company's site) and go to your email account, and add a filter there...

***this works for ALL BIS websites. Also, find your carrier's website, here!***
    Holy crap, I freaked when I saw my name in the image...

Ivan's not too common. That is all.
    10-11-08 11:13 PM
    cjc702, what do you mean? Are you talking about getting a copy of the email you send?

Welcome to CrackBerry.com! Enjoy your stay...
    Though it's extremely useful to be able to block all my sent messages, this filter will also block messages I intentionally send to myself. Is there a way to to create a more granular filter?
    10-13-08 09:08 AM
    Oh man, thanks so much...this was driving me crazy!
    10-21-08 12:01 PM
    Hi,
    I did exactly what you suggested and I still receive my Gmail replies to my BB. It is driving me up the wall. I have all the filters set up to see if any of them will work and none of them work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    10-21-08 09:39 PM
    Verizon Customers!!!

If you can not log in to the BIS, call Verizon customer service. The problem is that your phone is registered but you don't have a user name or password. They will set you up in about 10 minutes.
    10-22-08 07:50 AM
    Is there a way to deal with a reply? If the filter is implemented as suggested it will not apply to "reply" email messages. The original author will not be notified that the original recipient has sent a reply message. Did I miss a step?
    10-22-08 03:58 PM
    Just adding my thanks for this thread...the instructions worked perfectly!
    10-26-08 05:23 PM
    exactly what i was looking for! thank you so much
    10-26-08 09:00 PM
    I read the first 4 pages and couldnt find anything. I used to have an 8830 with verizon and used BIS and it worked just fine. I canceled that account a few months ago, to use my works 8100 Pearl with T-Mobile and the BES. I have full access to the BES and control, know a lot about it. But i seem to be lost here and need help.

I setup gmail on my work phone, and everything works. However when i set the filter, and even put it at the top of the list, to no forward emails with "From" my own gmail address. It still sends them to it when i send emails from gmail's website on a computer. They still come through to my blackberry. Is there any specific setting or anything on the BES i need to change? It was just upgraded to 4.1 version a week ago. Same problem before and after upgrade.
    10-29-08 12:20 PM
    Oh my god, thank you.
    This was driving me utterly insane. I send around 30-40 emails a day to friends, co-workers and clients.
    Having to keep my phone in my hand to delete the sent message from my device was sending me crazy.
    10-29-08 05:33 PM
    Worked great for me! Thanks for the awesome post and Happy Halloween!
    10-31-08 05:08 PM
    can someone plz write the exact steps down to not having my sent messages on my gmail account forwarded to my inbox and phone. I have verizon and this is making me go crazy. someone plz help. how do u get to the filters???
    11-02-08 12:59 AM
    can someone plz write the exact steps down to not having my sent messages on my gmail account forwarded to my inbox and phone. I have verizon and this is making me go crazy. someone plz help. how do u get to the filters???
    its all on the first-second pages of this thread
    11-02-08 01:25 AM
    Go here, it even has photos...

11-02-08 01:52 AM
    You really need to follow the steps, here...

I read the first 4 pages and couldnt find anything. I used to have an 8830 with verizon and used BIS and it worked just fine. I canceled that account a few months ago, to use my works 8100 Pearl with T-Mobile and the BES. I have full access to the BES and control, know a lot about it. But i seem to be lost here and need help.

I setup gmail on my work phone, and everything works. However when i set the filter, and even put it at the top of the list, to no forward emails with "From" my own gmail address. It still sends them to it when i send emails from gmail's website on a computer. They still come through to my blackberry. Is there any specific setting or anything on the BES i need to change? It was just upgraded to 4.1 version a week ago. Same problem before and after upgrade.
    11-02-08 01:54 AM
    ok this is getting really fustrating. I cannot find that dam menu filter anywhere. do i have to go into verizon.com or from my blackberry curve 8330.

I would know what to do if I was there but I cant even get to the filters.
    11-02-08 01:41 AM
    hahahahaha ok I got it
    11-02-08 01:47 AM
    Weird I just set up gmail on my new pearl without the filter and I don't receive my sent messages in my inbox. Maybe there has been a fix implemented on either google's or rim's side.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 02:35 AM
    Thank you sooooooo much for this post. It was driving me insane.
    I didn't even know I could manage my email accounts from the BIS site!
    Totally awesome!
    11-02-08 12:36 PM
    Need help!
    I dont use my BB (I have a Curve) for business. Its personal use. And I just cant get rid of those "duplicates" on my BB. I dont mind them on my inbox on my pc, cos I can always delete them. But I dont know how to get rid of the ones on the BB.
    Help?

Million thanx!
    11-02-08 05:59 PM
    You really need to follow the steps, ...
    I did follow those steps. I know im on a BES server instead, but i followed the same rules for my server here, and i still receive the emails i sent on my phone as messages.
    11-03-08 11:12 AM
879 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD