i think i made this set up before and now i try to log in and it tells me invalid user name/pass.....so i try to have my stuff sent to me...and i receive an email saying there is no user name/pass for this handset??? what do i do?
    08-08-08 03:22 PM
    killer!! thank the lord!!!
    08-09-08 03:17 PM
    i think i made this set up before and now i try to log in and it tells me invalid user name/pass.....so i try to have my stuff sent to me...and i receive an email saying there is no user name/pass for this handset??? what do i do?
    Make sure you are entering the correct username and password. If it still doesn't work, you need to call VZW and have them set up the account for you.
    08-09-08 05:27 PM
    thank you very much. ive been trying to figure this out for so long
    08-09-08 05:38 PM
    AWESOME link,
    these repeat e-mails have been driving me CRAZY!!! I called VZW 611 they gave me a username and password, and I fixed it! YAY! (yea, it's that good)
    08-10-08 09:05 PM
    I HAD to post a reply just to say THANK YOU!!! This had been killing me for almost a year. And now recently sending 20 emails an hour, it gets annoying doing this!
    08-12-08 03:46 PM
    Thank you so much! Even now... this information was extremely helpful. It was driving bat**** crazy.
    08-13-08 09:38 PM
    I tried this on my Pearl and nothing has worked. I still get the messages sent to me. Made a filter on BIS and on Gmail. Still no luck.
    And what exactly does "wireless reconciliation" mean?
    Last edited by ekozy1; 08-14-08 at 05:23 PM.
    08-14-08 12:47 PM
    This helped me out a whole lot. ty for the info.
    08-14-08 07:42 PM
    So, you logged into your BIS account, and then added a filter with [email protected]? Are you sure you did it right? Remove said filter, and add it again...

It works, believe me. Wireless reconciliation will 'match' your Blackberry and your said email account, i.e. read/unread, deleted/undeleted. But, does not work brilliantly with GMail, since it does not offer the mark as read option...

I tried this on my Pearl and nothing has worked. I still get the messages sent to me. Made a filter on BIS and on Gmail. Still no luck.
    And what exactly does "wireless reconciliation" mean?
    08-14-08 08:28 PM
    thank you. very helpful.
    08-14-08 08:41 PM
    So, you logged into your BIS account, and then added a filter with [email protected]? Are you sure you did it right? Remove said filter, and add it again...

It works, believe me. Wireless reconciliation will 'match' your Blackberry and your said email account, i.e. read/unread, deleted/undeleted. But, does not work brilliantly with GMail, since it does not offer the mark as read option...
    I removed the filter and re-applied it. Still to no avail. Did everything identically to your posted instructions. Should I try the whole turning off the wireless reconciliation thing? Or does that do no good?
    08-14-08 10:41 PM
    My problem now is since I've made this change, the email icon for my gmail no longer gets the red notification showing there is a new message but it shows up on the messages icon.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    08-15-08 11:26 PM
    My problem now is since I've made this change, the email icon for my gmail no longer gets the red notification showing there is a new message but it shows up on the messages icon.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

My g/f's blackberry curve is having an ongoing issue where all INCOMING email gets duped in the MESSAGES folder. It shows fine in the EMAIL folder but doesn't show the red notification either.

I have a thread going at the moment trying to solve it but haven't had any luck yet....
    08-16-08 04:54 PM
    I removed the filter and re-applied it. Still to no avail. Did everything identically to your posted instructions. Should I try the whole turning off the wireless reconciliation thing? Or does that do no good?
    Delete ALL filters. Filter Name: Gmail
    Apply Filter: "From" field
    Contains: enter your email address
    Make sure to check "Do not foward messages to device"
    Make sure to save
    Click email accounts and select the email account you applied filter to. Without clicking on it, it should say "when no filters apply foward messages to device"
    If this still doesn't work, contact your carrier and make sure they have filters turned "on". I have seen them turned off.
    08-16-08 08:36 PM
    Why don't any images show up where they should in Nav's Post?

^^ Nevermind ^^

I figured it out. However, I don't get the messages on my phone.. Just in my inbox.
    Last edited by voli; 08-20-08 at 10:23 PM.
    08-20-08 10:14 PM
    Where's the link to fix this setting for the sprint accounts...couldn't find that same option like originally posted in the screen pict on page 1
    08-22-08 04:38 PM
    Where's the link to fix this setting for the sprint accounts...couldn't find that same option like originally posted in the screen pict on page 1
    You need to have a username and PW. If you don't have one you will need to call CS and get them to set it up. Post back if you have any more questions.

BlackBerry Internet Service
    08-23-08 11:03 AM
    You need to have a username and PW. If you don't have one you will need to call CS and get them to set it up. Post back if you have any more questions.

BlackBerry Internet Service
    You sould be able to make a username and password from the BlackBerry under personal email set up. It will just ask you to put in the password to the email afterward to vailidate it.
    08-23-08 01:41 PM
    Thank you for this thread! I've been trying to figure that out forever!!
    08-23-08 08:33 PM
    wow this thread is great, i thought this was just something i was gonna have to deal with
    08-24-08 11:06 AM
    Yes, it works for Verizon. Just follow these directions.

You can access the page these screenshots are from through this link:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Post back if you are still having trouble.
    What about rogers?
    08-24-08 04:31 PM
    Thanks for the INFO this was driving me crazy with my GMail acct
    08-24-08 09:45 PM
    what do we do for the rogers carrier?
    08-25-08 06:48 AM
    I just set this up for my rogers bb. Thanks for the tips.

Here is the link for the rogers BIS bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers
    08-25-08 08:46 AM
879 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD