Sorry for being such a noob. I went to t-mobile's website for filters it says, "Control how you receive incoming e-mails and spam to your handset with the filter options shown below. The filters you select will only affect incoming e-mails to your @tmomail.net address."
    I use g-mail and I keep getting the duplicate messages on my BB, which is so annoying.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    06-18-08 11:30 PM
    Finally got it! Hail to the Blackberry!
    06-19-08 10:06 PM
    Yes thank you for this post. This is my first post on my curve. I have been a big fan of smart phones and bb is just the right fit! Amazing phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 04:41 AM
    Yes thank you for this post. This is my first post on my curve. I have been a big fan of smart phones and bb is just the right fit! Amazing phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

welcome to CB Tom..heres some useful info>>
    BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-20-08 04:43 AM
    I just spent a very long time in the AT&T store trying to solve this problem, hopefully this will help save someone the frustrations I've experienced.

If you or the store rep create a Blackberry BIS account on the actual device (which is starting to become standard practice because they say people forget their website log-in info) then you cannot edit filters and access the website account.

To correct this problem, the rep said to call 611 and ask to speak to Tier 2 Tech Support. Ask them to delete your BIS account on the device and create a new one on the website. He warned that this will take about 45 minutes to do this. I ended up getting a new phone because I had several problems so I lucked out and didn't have to go through that.

Just make sure the BIS account is originally created on the website not on the device, especially if you use gmail otherwise you will not be able to stop receiving copies of all your sent messages.
    06-21-08 12:46 PM
    How can I have messages I sent from Gmail website show up on my BB, but not from my BB back to my BB as a copy using Gmail?
    06-25-08 05:39 PM
    This has been bugging me too, but I can't see how to change email in my account on the verizon site.
    06-26-08 09:31 PM
    to clarify the above, sorry--I use gmail but my bb is through verizon.
    06-26-08 09:31 PM
    Yes!!!!!!!!
    06-27-08 08:02 AM
    I too am trying to set up my BIS... and when I entered my PIN and ESN (even though it asks for (IMEI??) it says an account has already been created for that PIN.... what's goin on?
    06-27-08 08:20 AM
    I'm using 2 separate G-mail accounts with my new 8330 Curve. Every time I send a message through G-mail on my laptop, the sent message shows up in my 8330. Is there a way to stop this in the G-mail settings page, or do I have to do this in the device itself..??

BTW....this is an awesome site.....thanks in advance for the help..!!
    07-01-08 01:47 PM
    I'm using 2 separate G-mail accounts with my new 8330 Curve. Every time I send a message through G-mail on my laptop, the sent message shows up in my 8330. Is there a way to stop this in the G-mail settings page, or do I have to do this in the device itself..??

BTW....this is an awesome site.....thanks in advance for the help..!!
    Try reading the first page of this thread, it explains how to do it, with pictures!
    07-01-08 01:57 PM
    great post Navi!
    07-01-08 02:21 PM
    This method used to work for me (not sure why it stopped) but I ended up having to set a similar filter in gmail for it to work..
    07-01-08 03:01 PM
    Thanks very much! Good info and it worked!
    07-02-08 05:01 PM
    thanks for the great tutorial nav!
    07-04-08 06:05 PM
    I had followed those instructions and I have 6 e-mail accts on my BB. 4 work fine and one is a gmail....... but my blackberry addy and a gmail addy still how up in the messages folder. I have checked the filters and they are correct. I hate the double deleting. Any ideas as to what else I can try.
    07-04-08 07:42 PM
    maichrcol's post is the second most important message... Hands Down. I'm on the phone with a CSR from AT&T and he is trying his best to keep me from connecting with BB Support Directly and not a "Blackberry Expert" from AT&T. I might have to look up the number.

with Navi's quote being the Most Important message.

Update: Blackberry charges a fee every time someone uses their customer service to fix a problem, including AT&T. I made numerous requests to be directly connected to RIM, but the CSR kept stalling trying to fix the problem, when I knew what to do. I threatened to record the conversation, and to even send an e-mail to the CEO of AT&T, Mr. Randall Stephenson. I was halfway through that e-mail when the representative finally directed me over to RIM. This was after being on the phone for over 80 minutes!! A true waste of my Independence Day.
    Last edited by garry.m.colbert; 07-04-08 at 11:05 PM.
    07-04-08 09:24 PM
    I had followed those instructions and I have 6 e-mail accts on my BB. 4 work fine and one is a gmail....... but my blackberry addy and a gmail addy still how up in the messages folder. I have checked the filters and they are correct. I hate the double deleting. Any ideas as to what else I can try.
    I also set up the filters described by the OP but was still getting duplicate emails when I sent emails from my blackberry. Then I discovered this setting which might also help you (it's been mentioned a couple of times earlier in this huge thread). Open up your messages and choose Options -> General Options. Change "Hide Sent Messages" to Yes. No more duplicates in your BB Inbox.
    07-08-08 11:35 AM
    Thanks for the Post, it definitly helped me!!
    07-08-08 11:40 AM
    Thank-you. I did have the hide sent messages turned on and now I separated the SMS messages and hid the others so I think that will do it.
    07-08-08 11:03 PM
    Hey I am having a problem trying to change the setting on my blackberry curve. I have gmail and I keep getting a copy sent back to me. I went into my BIS, but when I go to edit there is no choice for filters. Can someone assist me with the problem.
    07-09-08 09:26 AM
    6+ months after getting my Berry I FINALLY got this working (I was having BIS problems that I finally got worked out today that prevented me from doing this)...much respect to all the help in this thread.
    07-09-08 08:36 PM
    I am with Orange in the UK and have googlemail set up.
    I am trying to stop my sent messages appearing in my inbox but cannot access the 'BIS' information as stated above.
    Any thoughts, please, as to how I can stop this from happening?

Thanks
    07-13-08 01:46 PM
    Thanks soooo much. U are the best
    07-13-08 10:40 PM
879 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD