This happens because sent items folder is part of inbox. filter out items received by own email in gmail and send directly to archive or delete
    05-30-08 09:37 PM
    Great tutorial.
    06-02-08 05:19 PM
    I have no idea how to get to my "BIS" for verizon. tried logging into my account, but couldnt find the place where it handles "my emails" etc. checked gmail too bc i thougth i was looking in the wrong place. Someone help me disable getting my sent emails on my BB Pls!! Walk me through it, bc nav's demo pg's werent helpful (personally) for me since I don't think my "BIS" was the same? I'm very lost....
    06-03-08 11:24 PM
    I have the BB 8310 and I use Gmail. I have tried and tried again to get into the BB server to change the settings and it keeps saying that I need to access the site from my BB browser. I tried that, it does not let me go there. Getting every message that I send is driving me crazy!
    06-04-08 04:15 AM
    This same thing has been driving me nuts also. I think I just found the easest option to fix this nerve racking problem. Open your email on your Blackberry and push the BB button and go to options then go general options next go to display and then go to hide sent items change to yes and you are all set. When you send a message you will see the message in your inbox for a few seconds and then it disapears. EASY AS THAT i HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE FROM NOW ON WITH THAT PROBLEM
    I tried this I hope that it works!
    06-04-08 04:18 AM
    Didn't work
    06-04-08 04:20 AM
    First thanks to the OP for this tip.

Second I have found a way to still be able to send yourself emails. This is taken directly from the gmail blog

When you choose a Gmail address, you actually get more than just "[email protected]." Here are two different ways you can modify your Gmail address and still get your mail:

Append a plus ("+") sign and any combination of words or numbers after your email address. For example, if your name was [email protected], you could send mail to [email protected] or [email protected].

Insert one or several dots (".") anywhere in your email address. Gmail doesn't recognize periods as characters in addresses -- we just ignore them. For example, you could tell people your address was [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]. (We understand that there has been some confusion about this in the past, but to settle it once and for all, you can indeed receive mail at all the variations with dots.)
    The blog can be found at hxxp://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/2-hidden-ways-to-get-more-from-your.html

Edit: If you do either of these to an email you want to send to yourself, the filter will allow it through.
    Last edited by Blue05R1; 06-05-08 at 10:46 AM.
    06-05-08 10:43 AM
    Is there a website like that for Verizon too? I have the same issue but don't use AT&T
    06-05-08 01:41 PM
    Is there a website like that for Verizon too? I have the same issue but don't use AT&T
    I used this method and I'm on Verizon.
    06-05-08 02:04 PM
    thanks, very usefull
    06-06-08 08:05 AM
    I'm having a different (I think) problem. When I send an email from my BB, it's not showing up in either my sent items or in the conversation view on GMail - either gmail.com or through the GMail app on my BB. Is there any fix for this?
    06-06-08 08:18 PM
    Thanks Navi for solving this problem and saving the sanity of the Crackberries!
    06-08-08 04:58 PM
    k i'm trying ti sign inti my sprint bis to filter but saying incorrect username and password! i'm putting in my info...what the heck!?!
    06-09-08 06:27 PM
    Try using your google account name and password. Acct name is usually stuff before @ in your gmail address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 06:35 PM
    i have and even called sprint tech support and they are no freakin help!
    \
    06-09-08 07:35 PM
    Hmmm, I remember it wasn't perfectly smooth for me either but I eventually got it working. I'll be perfectly honest here that I'm not 100% positive but believe this is what you need to do:

- go to BlackBerry Internet Service from your PC (easier to see everything on the screen at once). Plus, I think there is something special when doing it from the BB browser that might cause the confusion (per this RIM KB entry)
    - if you haven't done this already, click the Create New Account button. After the T&C page, enter your device PIN and ESN and whatever comes after that (I can't test it to confirm). IIRC, you'll pick a new username and password along the way so obviously write them down somewhere. It doesn't have to match any other email address you use, just something that makes sense to you. If you've already created a new account, try logging in with that username and then do the "Forgot password" option. That'll send you password via message.
    - now use that username and password to login to BlackBerry Internet Service .
    - This account is your "master" account for making any changes to your BIS service (pushing new service books, changing the signature, etc).
    - once there, you can add any/all email addresses you might use and/or create a new one on blackberry.net

One other note, how you set this up seems to be slightly different for each carrier, so I think my earlier post was when I set up my Curve on ATT, not Sprint.

I've also seen posts which say you can't edit the email sig from the BB browser - only from the PC browser and even then with only IE . That's explains the wierd behavior I saw when I tried it that way using the BB browser. However, this post says you can do it with Opera Mini.

I hope this clears it up for you and doesn't just make your head spin. All the info other were bits&pieces I picked up from searches.
    06-09-08 09:17 PM
    Nice Information!!!!!
    06-12-08 12:03 PM
    very helpful. thanks!
    06-12-08 03:32 PM
    Log into your BIS account (your phone company's site) and go to your email account, and add a filter there...

***this works for ALL BIS websites. Also, find your carrier's website, !***

Thank you soooo much! I have only one thing to add. When i was attempting to access the site, it wouldn't let me. I did not realize you have to create a nickname to login, I kept attempting to use my gmail address to login the wireless BIS site via HTML. Great post!
    06-14-08 10:18 PM
    Thank you so much, the first post was a lifesaver and ver straight forward!!
    06-17-08 12:13 PM
    This works phenomenal. Now I have my crackberry.com email on my BB so I send through gmail and I do not get my sent emails coming to my BB over and over again.
    06-17-08 09:46 PM
    good stuff thanks.
    06-18-08 11:40 AM
    good stuff thanks.
    things like this is what makes this site so great..and alsothe ppl
    06-18-08 11:44 AM
    Thanks. . .that helped me resolve that quite annoying feature.
    06-18-08 06:31 PM
    Thank you thank you thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 07:38 PM
879 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD