can you tell me what goes in each field please
    The screen grab on the front page does that, doesn't it?
    09-22-07 09:59 AM
    Hate to revive a dead horse here.

I tried logging into my bis website via the web.. and when I register it says you must log in using the handheld device. When I try to send my password I never get it.

So of course I cant do all the fancy web editing. I cant even edit anything beyond creating a BIS enabled email.

Im on VZW, and how can i access the above screens. I know its silly and yes im very technically saavy. Just cant punch a hole through the bis-vzw server so to speak. Any ideas?
    09-24-07 01:08 PM
    I have followed all the steps discussed above, and setting the filter on the BIS helped a little... now all the gmail emails that I send from the device do not show up as new emails, but all the gmail emails I send from my desktop still show up as new messages. Any ideas? I've been searching the forums and still can't find anything...
    09-26-07 10:53 AM
    Hate to revive a dead horse here.

I tried logging into my bis website via the web.. and when I register it says you must log in using the handheld device. When I try to send my password I never get it.

So of course I cant do all the fancy web editing. I cant even edit anything beyond creating a BIS enabled email.

Im on VZW, and how can i access the above screens. I know its silly and yes im very technically saavy. Just cant punch a hole through the bis-vzw server so to speak. Any ideas?
    i have the same exact problem...this is driving me nuts. i cant figure it out at all.

if someone has any suggestions, please help...
    09-27-07 04:52 PM
    Works great.
    Visually it was better to follow the instructions than if I had to just read and do it.
    Thank you !
    09-27-07 05:36 PM
    has anyone figured out how to set filters using vodafone? the mobile email site doesn't seem to work for me (and my curve 8310)...
    10-04-07 03:17 AM
    cjenkins, lets try to keep the thread on track with the original topic. Your post takes us in a different direction...
    10-04-07 04:41 AM
    i have the same exact problem...this is driving me nuts. i cant figure it out at all.

if someone has any suggestions, please help...
    Hi Robames,

ok two things.. and to satisfy the mod of taking the thread back to the original track.

For us VZW people... goto BlackBerry Internet Service FROM YOUR BLACKBERRY!!!!! Thats the key trick. I called VZW and it was simple. The faqs on the website need to be updated to reflrect this. Its the right address but VZW has done this for security reasons that if you do it from your 8830 then you are who you say you are. Then follow the prompts to register. Then access the website from your PC's browser.

Once you get in there. if you have a gmail account. Create a filter for that account :
    Apply filter when: "From Field"
    Contains: Input your gmail address here

Then at the bottom Toggle: Do not forward messages to device

And you are done. Hope this helps.

To Navilyn:

Since you don't accept posts can you mod whatever thread out there that you list under your links for verizon to create the initial account you have to goto BlackBerry Internet Service (which equates to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en) has to be run initially from your blackberry if you want to edit/add filters. I was wrestling with this for two weeks before i found the correct info. I couldnt find this here nor other blackberry related websites.
    Last edited by ncc1701p; 10-04-07 at 10:27 AM.
    10-04-07 10:19 AM
    Hey, after a year and a hlf of putting up with it, you solved my issue! Thank you
    10-04-07 12:02 PM
    Omg thank you so much!!!! I was almost to the point of insanity!!! Wow!
    10-04-07 12:19 PM
    [QUOTE=navilyn;7483]Log into your BIS account (your phone company's site) and go to your email account, and add a filter there...

***this works for ALL BIS websites. Also, find your carrier's website,
    Thank you so much Navilyn! I was goin insane before I read this and solved my gmail email copy issue. The forums here @ crackberry kick a$$!
    10-09-07 09:39 PM
    Thanks for this! It had been driving me a little potty too!
    10-10-07 01:29 AM
    I'm using a Gmail account through Optus (in Australia) I've tried to find somewhere I can log in on the Optus website but I'm having no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    10-10-07 08:35 PM
    Great info! Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-07 10:43 PM
    Thanks so much. That was sooooo annoying.
    10-16-07 06:14 PM
    In GMail, just set the filter to archive the email...
    awesome thread, very helpful, thank you so much, regarding the gmail filter to archive setting, just curious to know if you could help me out as where to find it, i know it's in the settings, but do not quite exactly know which one as there are two places to set it to "archive",...would I have to use the forward my email feature in gmail in order to use the archive setting? appreciate the time and help, thanks.

regards,
    Last edited by kwues; 10-24-07 at 12:31 PM.
    10-24-07 12:22 PM
    Could you please post BES instructions?
    10-26-07 06:51 PM
    this is a great thread, but no where in here do you see the BES (not BIS) instructions.
    My BB is provided by my company, so I don't have access to the BIS info, but the BES, that I have access to. Now, where to change the filter settings...THAT would be nice to know.

Thanks
    10-29-07 10:59 AM
    FANTASTIC Navi!! Thanks a million!!
    10-30-07 10:33 PM
    For BES users if you need to add a filter, open Desktop Manager / Email Settings, and I believe it's the second tab, there is a section for Filters...

Also, another choice, from the device, go to Messages / Menu / Options / Email Filters - set / add respective filters there...

this is a great thread, but no where in here do you see the BES (not BIS) instructions.
    My BB is provided by my company, so I don't have access to the BIS info, but the BES, that I have access to. Now, where to change the filter settings...THAT would be nice to know.

Thanks
    10-31-07 02:17 AM
    yeah nice - sorted now

got onto that BIS site with the help of a tmobile
    tech support bod - followed the above mentioned instructions and
    the sent message 'echo' disspears

good
    10-31-07 06:47 AM
    Hopefully this will be useful in this line of inquiry....

I have AT&T service, use BIS and gmail. Recently I had to delete my gmail account for reasons too crazy to relate here... The AT&T tech support *guy* did the actually deleting and recreating. I told him that I'd go back and create my filters later.

Creating filters is not that difficult as you can see from the above. Since I'd already done it once, you'd think I could manage it again. Alas, I could not.

One hour and a half later on a support call to third level - so they say - BB support (I have their number) that support *guy* says I had ignore filters checked!!! There is no such thing on the website - BlackBerry Internet Service or at least I've yet to find it.

Anyway, he unchecked it and bingo it works! So if you set up your filters and they aren't working you may NOT be crazy!
    Last edited by maichrcol; 10-31-07 at 02:03 PM.
    10-31-07 01:39 PM
    so i've been on the phone with t-mobile for quite a while now, and she's having a very hard time understanding what i mean about her changing the "ignore filters" ...

stupidest woman ever, but i think it now worked.

thank youuuuuuuu!!
    11-06-07 10:50 AM
    I've tried this and it keeps telling me that The PIN and IMEI I am entering is incorrect. I have Verizon.
    11-07-07 10:18 PM
    I've tried this and it keeps telling me that The PIN and IMEI I am entering is incorrect. I have Verizon.
    For verizon users.. do it from your blackberry not from the PC.
    11-08-07 08:50 AM
879 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD