What about just using IMAP GMail?? And it will eliminate all that double mailbox management...
    04-29-09 07:07 PM
    A buddy of mine has this same problem on his MOTOQ
    05-01-09 09:54 AM
    Hello all,

I had the same annoying problem while using Gmail. I got a copy of all emails I sent to my blackberry inbox. I did not want to use a filter because sometimes I send emails to myself as a reference, etc.. and did not want to disable this. I fixed my problem by going into my gmail email settings. I saw there that I had both IMAP and POP filters enabled. Since I used outlook as well, I kept the IMAP and disabled the POP this solved my problem. ( I guess this was left over from the **** Windows Mobile caused me) Hopefully this helps someone!
    05-04-09 09:18 PM
    Hello all,

I had the same annoying problem while using Gmail. I got a copy of all emails I sent to my blackberry inbox. I did not want to use a filter because sometimes I send emails to myself as a reference, etc.. and did not want to disable this. I fixed my problem by going into my gmail email settings. I saw there that I had both IMAP and POP filters enabled. Since I used outlook as well, I kept the IMAP and disabled the POP this solved my problem. ( I guess this was left over from the **** Windows Mobile caused me) Hopefully this helps someone!
    Worked for me. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 09:59 PM
    Thanks.....useful post for all us gmail users.....
    05-05-09 09:37 AM
    im getting a ps3 with a xbox 360 built in
    05-06-09 05:59 PM
    Great post
    05-07-09 09:00 PM
    does anyone know why when i try too set up my yahoo email on my BB I keep getting "Update Failed"?
    05-08-09 12:43 PM
    Great Thread. Thanks.
    05-18-09 11:07 AM
    Thanks for this one. Just last night I was trying to disable that annoying confirmation email.

Brilliant!
    05-22-09 05:58 PM
    Thank You!
    05-24-09 08:00 AM
    awesome post naviwill, right on point! thanks
    06-05-09 09:57 PM
    ...no problem. Albeit since BIS 2.0 was released you really shouldn't have to do this anymore...

awesome post naviwill, right on point! thanks
    06-05-09 10:16 PM
    I finally sucked it up and called VzW to fix this bc I had the "my phone was already registered" error when I tried to login to BIS online. Took under 3 minutes and I feel so relieved.

yeaaaaaa!
    06-10-09 09:00 AM
    That has totally been driving me nuts!!! Great post! Thanks
    06-12-09 12:42 PM
    I think I solved my problem and this may help others too. In gmail account using your computer Under "settings" and then "accounts and import" then under "send mail as" was my old comcast email address which was listed there I assume anyways as for a minute I thought about having gmail import my old email address to google and thought better of it. It didn't even show as active but my address was there. I deleted it from the list so now only gmail account is showing and the duplicate emails in my inbox stopped instantly. I have now even set up blackberry again with no filters and outlook to get gmail using imap instructions and no problems so far.

hope this is a help to others
    06-26-09 02:03 PM
    Anyone that is on VZW all you have to do is update your BIS acct. at this point in time I would suggest waiting for the new 2.7 BIS update to be done which will be tonight. After that is done all you have to do is login to your BIS acct. and delete your gmail profile and then re add it and you will no longer receive the duplicates to your phone. This was fixed when RIM released the 2.6 BIS. Good Luck!!
    06-26-09 02:52 PM
    Can someone explain to me what exactly the problem with Gmail is that requires this fix? What does the filter do exactly? I know that it doesn't forward gmail mail to your phone, but why would sent messages get forwarded to your phone in the first place?
    07-06-09 01:53 PM
    This problem does not exsist anymore. It was fixed in the latest BIS upgrade. Before the upgrade, the BIS email server picked up sent emails as new emails because of the way gmail stores emails in the "All Mail" folder.

With the latest BIS upgrade it was fixed and therefore this filter is no longer needed. It is running behind the scenes automatically. No user input required.

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED THE ISSUE DOES NOT EXSIST ANYMORE.

IT WAS SOLVED WITH BIS UPGRADE
    07-06-09 02:02 PM
    This problem does not exsist anymore. It was fixed in the latest BIS upgrade. Before the upgrade, the BIS email server picked up sent emails as new emails because of the way gmail stores emails in the "All Mail" folder.

With the latest BIS upgrade it was fixed and therefore this filter is no longer needed. It is running behind the scenes automatically. No user input required.

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED THE ISSUE DOES NOT EXSIST ANYMORE.

IT WAS SOLVED WITH BIS UPGRADE
    Thanks! Also, does setting up Gmail this way mean that it will sync with your Gmail account, or does it not work that way automatically?
    07-06-09 02:08 PM
    If you turn on the syncing it will sync your read emails from Blackberry to Gmail. But it is only 1 way. If you read a email on gmail it will not be marked as read on the blackberry
    07-06-09 02:11 PM
    If you turn on the syncing it will sync your read emails from Blackberry to Gmail. But it is only 1 way. If you read a email on gmail it will not be marked as read on the blackberry
    Eh, less than ideal. But emails you receive on your BB still appear in Gmail's website right? They don't get "removed" somehow and exist solely on your phone?

BTW, any links that explain the Gmail/BB relationship would be great, so you (or others) don't have to keep repeating things. I've seen various things scattered around in my searching.

Thanks.
    07-06-09 02:13 PM
    Eh, less than ideal. But emails you receive on your BB still appear in Gmail's website right? They don't get "removed" somehow and exist solely on your phone?

BTW, any links that explain the Gmail/BB relationship would be great, so you (or others) don't have to keep repeating things. I've seen various things scattered around in my searching.

Thanks.
    No, they will still be in your inbox on Gmail.

What do you mean in terms of the Gmail/BB relationship? Gmail is an email provider that you can set up to be received on your blackberry. It happens to be that Gmail works almost instantly, as opposed to some email addresses where you may have to wait to get your mail. I'm not sure what else there is to explain...
    07-06-09 03:13 PM
    No, they will still be in your inbox on Gmail.

What do you mean in terms of the Gmail/BB relationship? Gmail is an email provider that you can set up to be received on your blackberry. It happens to be that Gmail works almost instantly, as opposed to some email addresses where you may have to wait to get your mail. I'm not sure what else there is to explain...
    I meant the different ways that Gmail can be set up on the BB. I guess there are only two, though. Either the Gmail app or setting it up to get pushed to your BB inbox. I just hate the one-way syncing of the latter method. Crazy that they haven't addressed that yet.
    07-06-09 03:30 PM
    I meant the different ways that Gmail can be set up on the BB. I guess there are only two, though. Either the Gmail app or setting it up to get pushed to your BB inbox. I just hate the one-way syncing of the latter method. Crazy that they haven't addressed that yet.
    You can setup both. Set it up to push to your BB inbox and also setup the Gmail app. I use both. It's sometimes nice to have access to your actual Gmail and the app works great.
    As the niubeav says, it is almost instantaneous. It's extremely fast at pushing to BB.
    07-06-09 03:53 PM
879 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD