I've been trying to fix this annoying feature for ages. Much appreciated!
    03-30-09 05:27 PM
    I suggest everyone go into their BIS accounts and delete and re add your gmail accounts. This will solve all duplicate problems! All carriers now (I believe) have transitioned over to BIS 2.6 and now have IMAP as a default for Gmail, so this solves pretty much all problems with this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 06:43 PM
    I suggest everyone go into their BIS accounts and delete and re add your gmail accounts. This will solve all duplicate problems! All carriers now (I believe) have transitioned over to BIS 2.6 and now have IMAP as a default for Gmail, so this solves pretty much all problems with this issue.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks.
    03-30-09 07:25 PM
    This works on my account, thanks!

HOWEVER, it only partially works on my brother's, and I've checked over 10 times.

When he sends an email to himself from Gmail on his computer, it doesn't show up on his BB. But, when he sends an email out from his BB, he receives that SENT email from himself.

Does this have something to do with the fact that there is a dot between his first and last name in his email address?

i.e. first.lastATgmail.com
    04-01-09 02:10 AM
    This works on my account, thanks!

HOWEVER, it only partially works on my brother's, and I've checked over 10 times.

When he sends an email to himself from Gmail on his computer, it doesn't show up on his BB. But, when he sends an email out from his BB, he receives that SENT email from himself.

Does this have something to do with the fact that there is a dot between his first and last name in his email address?

i.e. first.lastATgmail.com
    My Gmail address is [email protected] and I don't have this issue. With BIS 2.6 I can no longer email my BB using Gmail on my PC (stinks) & I no longer receive a copy of sent items on my BB.

04-01-09 08:41 AM
    Yo, thanks for this info. This is working for AT&T. The duplicate email was so annoying.

04-01-09 10:45 AM
    really helpfull.
    04-01-09 11:08 AM
    Yo, thanks for this info. This is working for AT&T. The duplicate email was so annoying.
    No problem.

So again. Here's the new fix for getting rid of the duplicate emails. Delete your gmail account....then add it again to your BIS and resend your service books. With the new improvements made in BIS 2.6, you will no longer have the sent email issue.
    04-01-09 01:05 PM
    Hmmm, after doing this. I no longer get any PUSH updates from any of my apps (myspace, facebook, twitter).
    04-03-09 09:39 AM
    I just tried this and set up an email filter on my T-mobile site and its still happening on my Curve.

I set it up as such:

If the FROM field contains *****@gmail.com Then Do not sent to handset and do not forward.

What gives? Its still happening. do I need to do a battery pull or something? Should this be instant or can it take some time to take effect?
    04-03-09 10:38 AM
    nevermind, just did this and that did the trick

04-03-09 10:50 AM
    Could you see if your apps that rely on PUSH are still receiving notifications? Mine stopped after doing the BIS 2.6 trick.
    nevermind, just did this and that did the trick
    04-03-09 11:03 AM
    Could you see if your apps that rely on PUSH are still receiving notifications? Mine stopped after doing the BIS 2.6 trick.
    Did you resend your service books?
    04-03-09 11:23 AM
    Yes, and I received a email for each account I set up, but still no PUSH updates from those three apps.
    Did you resend your service books?
    04-03-09 12:41 PM
    Yes, and I received a email for each account I set up, but still no PUSH updates from those three apps.
    Which three apps?

04-03-09 12:52 PM
    Mysace, twitter, facebook.
    Which three apps?

04-03-09 12:53 PM
    Mysace, twitter, facebook.
    Hmmm....try logging out and logging back in to each of them. If that doesn't work, try deleting and reinstalling each of them.

Also, which twitter client are you using?

04-03-09 12:55 PM
    I'm reinstalling all three. I'm using twitterberry.
    Hmmm....try logging out and logging back in to each of them. If that doesn't work, try deleting and reinstalling each of them.

Also, which twitter client are you using?

04-03-09 01:04 PM
    Removing and adding the programs back has fixed my problem.
    04-03-09 01:15 PM
    Awesome...some times those programs just need a kick in the pants so to speak to get them working again.

04-03-09 02:12 PM
    I love how there is always someone smarter than you that knows what the H-E-double hockey sticks they are doing!!! i was going mad with all the BCCing that was going on with my little pearl!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO COOL ABOUT STUFF TOO!!!

I have a HTC-TyTN II and every time I need help with that the guys on the forums seem to get stiff off of flaming people just because they can, i guess...

Thanks again for the help!!!

Cheers!
    04-03-09 09:37 PM
    Thank you so much for this post! This was driving me crazy as well! This was extremely helpful!
    04-04-09 10:21 AM
    THANKS MAN for this how to
    04-06-09 10:44 AM
    This walk through should now be out of date!!!
    With bis 2.6 now in effect any new users don't need to worry about this. And old users just need to delete their gmail email on bis and then recreate it in bis
    04-06-09 10:54 AM
    Thanks a lot. It's useful.
    04-07-09 04:11 AM
879 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD