Awesome. worked perfectly
    03-10-09 08:19 PM
    Another new blackberry bold owner that was helped by this thread! Thank you.
    03-10-09 09:47 PM
    Hi i need help, I live in south africa and i just got my blackberry curve(pink) and its working fine excepts im unable to download skype .. it says the file is too large to download for my device.. any suggestions???
    03-11-09 08:42 AM
    I love Crackberry! Those 'read' receipts have been an annoyance for the longest time. Thanks!!
    03-11-09 03:24 PM
    yea--- what he said, thanks I appreciate stuff I can understand and use
    03-11-09 03:32 PM
    I'm a newbie and this is my first BB but I do know you guys and this site....ROCK!
    The duplicate emails was driving me nuts!
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    03-11-09 04:09 PM
    I've had my filter set up since November without a flaw. received a replacement storm today and all of the sudden im receiving the sent emails again. I checked the BB server and the filter is still set up.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    03-11-09 09:53 PM
    Nevermind, figured it out. I just had to change my PIN on the BB internet server
    03-12-09 07:57 AM
    Is there a way to have the email's sent from my bb adress moved to Gmail's SENT Folder (Sorry if it has already been answered )
    03-12-09 02:14 PM
    Is there a way to have the email's sent from my bb adress moved to Gmail's SENT Folder (Sorry if it has already been answered )
    you need to enable imap for that to work. (link below)

i don't know why, but i have never received the duplicate emails from Gmail that everyone else is getting. I'm on BIS. anyone else having it working? i've never had to create a filter. i just don't get those repeat emails...

i followed all the instructions on setting up email on Google for Blackberry:

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=78882
    03-12-09 02:33 PM
    This took about one hour for me to fix...it really is hard to figure it all out.
    03-12-09 08:43 PM
    I made an account on this forum JUST so I could say THANK YOU THANK YOU!

That was so annoying about gmail... lol

Worked like a breeze.. thank you again!
    03-13-09 03:55 PM
    Wow. I've been using Gmail on a BB for a while now and never imagined there was a fix for this. My recent Storm purchase, led to my addiction, which led to this site, which led to this fix.

Thanks!
    03-14-09 07:40 PM
    Here is a question for you that I don't think has been addressed. I'm a bis storm user. I already set up my personal gmail using the settings in this thread and it works perfect.

I also have a work outlook that we use and I set it up on my storm. When ever I reply to an email, I get the email I am replying to sent to my device again. Any idea how to get rid of that? I searched a bit and couldn't find what I was looking for. No point in starting a new thread though.
    03-14-09 08:29 PM
    Here is a question for you that I don't think has been addressed. I'm a bis storm user. I already set up my personal gmail using the settings in this thread and it works perfect.

I also have a work outlook that we use and I set it up on my storm. When ever I reply to an email, I get the email I am replying to sent to my device again. Any idea how to get rid of that? I searched a bit and couldn't find what I was looking for. No point in starting a new thread though.
    I'd go ahead and set up the same kind of filter that you have on gmail on your outlook account. Easy fix.
    03-14-09 08:36 PM
    I'd go ahead and set up the same kind of filter that you have on gmail on your outlook account. Easy fix.
    Nope. Did that. Didn't work. What I am saying is that I am not getting a copy of what I sent like the gmail problem. With my outlook I am literally being resent the email I replied to. For example...My boss sends me an email, I reply to said email from my device, then my bosses exact email that was originally sent to me is resent to my phone immediately. Any ideas?
    03-15-09 09:32 AM
    Does anyone know how to turn off the sent message notification. I just started using the bold, and everytime i send an email from the BB it arrives in my inbox as a new message. I have my gmail account linked to my phone and I can't find any way of turning this off.
    03-17-09 10:18 AM
    Ok, unlike some, I have actually read through ALL 47 pages and have tried 3 or 4 suggested methods.

HELP ME ..................... Please

I am on o2 in the UK and I'm using my Gmail email account.

I have created a filter through BIS (o2) however it isn't stopping me getting the duplicate emails.

Do I need to edit my settings in google? I have changed these numerous times due to a varied response of what to do in this thread and I currently don't know if what my settings are sitting at are correct. All I know is that whenever I send an email I get a duplicate straight afterwards!
    03-17-09 12:40 PM
    I have set up the filters to block emails that are "from" my email address, and I am still getting the messages on my phone. Highly annoying.

I may try downloading the GMail app, but I'd really like to avoid it.
    03-17-09 02:47 PM
    Hey Navi, I did what you said originally when I first purchased my BB curve 8330, but I jsut revcieved a replacement BB because my original broke. For some reason I started to get duplicate sent gmails again even though I have the filter. Someone at Sprint told me to contact Gmail. What do you think?
    03-17-09 04:57 PM
    Hey Navi, I did what you said originally when I first purchased my BB curve 8330, but I jsut revcieved a replacement BB because my original broke. For some reason I started to get duplicate sent gmails again even though I have the filter. Someone at Sprint told me to contact Gmail. What do you think?
    My problems also started when I swapped out for a replacement Storm. Ideas?
    03-17-09 10:04 PM
    My problems also started when I swapped out for a replacement Storm. Ideas?
    From what I've read on all 47 pages, if you've replaced your phone, you need to reset your pin in the bb server. How to do that? I don't know. But it may help to go through this thread as a few folks had the same problem and the solution was posted.
    03-18-09 05:15 PM
    So here's a new dilemma. I've had my BB for about 8 months. My issue USED to be that I'd get "Sent" messages after sending emails from my BB. These messages just notified me that my message to so and so was sent. Through some forum I found the filtering solution. So I've had no problems for a long time.

Recently (as in last week) there was an issue with the BIS servers and my emails (all accounts) were experiencing a long delay to getting to the phone. Being the DIY'er that I am, I searched the the web for a solution (before learning it was RIM/BB issue and not my phone) for hours. Well one thing I tried was deleting my accounts and setting them up again. Of course that deleted my previous filters. (I also resent my Service Books.) Which I didn't think about nor did it matter because I still don't get those "Sent" messages. Nope, now I just get a complete duplicate of the gmail messages I send, be it from my phone or my email account.

Being a veteran of the filters, I was so excited to find this post and learn it would be as simple as setting a filter. Despite facing the dilemma of not being able to send myself messages from gmail, I set up the filter. And guess what...it's not working! I've done so in gmail itself and in the BIS filters. My sent messages have been hidden all along and I prefer my online account to match my phone folder. So, though turning off wireless reconciliation works, I'd rather have it on.

Any suggestions anyone?
    03-18-09 05:26 PM
    I'm still looking for someone to help me on my post # 697 as this problem is driving me crazy.

I'd like to confirm which settings I should have enabled/disabled in my gmail account?
    03-19-09 04:28 AM
    My question is this, when I open a email on my laptop to respond, a copy of the recieved email get sent to my blackberry again. This happens ever time without fail. Every night I sit down and respond to several emails and as I open each one to reply my phone starts recieving emails as if I'm forwarding the original emails to my phone as I reply. Can anyone help with this please.
    03-19-09 06:16 AM
879 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD