Log into your BIS account (your phone company's site) and go to your email account, and add a filter there...

***this works for ALL BIS websites. Also, find your carrier's website, here!***

I am having trouble logging into Verizon Wireless' BIS site. I can't access it through my BB Storm either - and I don't know what works. Is there any other way to do this from the device or from the Gmail server itself?
    Last edited by LizG76; 01-07-09 at 10:33 PM.
    01-07-09 10:28 PM
    You can also download the GMail application to stop this. I was having the same problem and I love the application.
    01-08-09 09:21 AM
    Awesome. Thanks for this Navi!
    01-12-09 07:00 AM
    Thank you for this post! VERY USEFUL! I hate receiving a copy of every email i sent via gMail.
    01-12-09 10:34 AM
    Awesome! This has been driving me nuts since I swapped to Gmail.. Thanks a ton!
    01-14-09 09:12 AM
    Ok please forgive me if this has been answered. So i set up the filter on BIS and when I send an email to myself from either the computer or BB, i dont get it on my BB, ANY HELP
    01-14-09 11:03 AM
    yeah I had that problem too. Drove me crazy as well. Now I fixed it and it works how it suppose to.
    Thanks again!
    01-14-09 09:15 PM
    Ok please forgive me if this has been answered. So i set up the filter on BIS and when I send an email to myself from either the computer or BB, i dont get it on my BB, ANY HELP
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it is because you basically told BIS not to forward messages to you that were sent from your address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 12:43 AM
    Make sure when u set up a filter that when it says what to do when filter ISN"T ON don't check mark the field not to forward the message. If your filter set up correctly it won't forward it when u prompted it not to.
    01-15-09 01:03 PM
    cant log into bis
    01-15-09 09:53 PM
    I've set up my BIS account from my BB. It said it was successful. I couldn't log in either tried several times. Eventually called Rogers, they gave me a new user name and password. It was totally different from what I used to set it up.
    01-15-09 10:00 PM
    Log into your BIS account (your phone company's site) and go to your email account, and add a filter there...***
    I did all of this and I STILL am having problems.... help??
    01-16-09 09:29 AM
    I don't feel like reading through 38 pages of the thread so I apologize if this has already been stated, but if you want messages you CC yourself on to come to your device, set up another filter that says "when "cc" field is (your email address here), forward messages to device."

Just tried it and it works wonderfully.
    01-16-09 10:11 AM
    just wanted to say thanks. This had been driving me nuts.
    01-16-09 11:34 AM
    Thank you!!
    01-16-09 03:23 PM
    Another thank you. Thank you Thank you....It's the little things that can make you crazy.
    01-16-09 09:27 PM
    thanks fot posting the above info
    01-17-09 02:41 AM
    I have a question. When you have gmail on your BB (not the application) will it automatically delete and mark your inbox as read/deleted on the computer? If not how do you do that?
    01-18-09 01:40 PM
    nevemind got it
    01-18-09 02:39 PM
    great post!
    01-18-09 02:55 PM
    I read the first couple pages and last 2 pages in this thread, all says set a filter for your own email address in the FROM field.

Believe it or not, I had figured that out before getting to these forums, BUT... it's NOT working for me. I use GMAIL in IMAP mode (don't know if that has any influence on this).

If I'm typing email from my computer, I get a copy of the SENT mail on my BB. If it takes me several minutes to type the email on the computer (long msg?) a draft (or several) is generated, and I get the drafts AND the sent message copied to my BB.

I set the filter in BIS to cover "FROM" contains <[email protected]> and <[email protected]> as two filters, to catch if it is case-sensitive, still doesn't fix the problem.

One more question... Is this unique to GMAIL accounts???? I've seen two threads talking about this issue in here, didn't notice other email services have the same problem. If GMAIL only... is there something I need to change in my GMAIL account setup?? I've tried disabling the "save drafts to server" and that didn't help that problem.

Any suggestions????
    Last edited by macwizard3; 01-18-09 at 09:07 PM.
    01-18-09 08:51 PM
    Switch to POP and see if that works.

IMAP provides 2-way synching automatically between the server and the clients. So whatever you do online at gmail will auto show up on your desktop/mobile and vice-versa.
    01-19-09 10:58 AM
    I did some more experimenting today...

I have 3 gmail accounts set up on my Storm. (A,B,C). "A" is the "primary" one I use. All three are set up exactly the same (IMAP). I set filters on all three via the BIS site.

If I send an email from A to C, it shows up on my storm in C (it should) and A (it shouldn't). If I send email from C to A, it shows up on my storm in "A" alone. Does NOT show me the "sent" one from C. Why doesn't this happen when I send from A??? And of course, I use "A" the most!!
    01-19-09 12:39 PM
    How do I set up wireless reconcilliation on my BOLD?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 01:23 PM
    I too am having this issue. When I got my Pearl 8130 last spring, I configured a filter in BIS and it worked fine � no �sent� e-mail from my GMail account being sent to my device. Last weekend, my phone was replaced with a new one (some issues with the first one). Now I�m having this problem again (sent emails from gMail being sent to my phone). I went into BIS and my filter still exists but it seems to not be working now. I deleted the filter and recreated it, to no avail.

I seem to recall having to do something like �revalidate� it but I don�t remember exactly what it was, nor did I see anything in BIS to trigger my memory.

My GMail account is configured for POP.
    01-19-09 03:38 PM
879 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD