can someone pm me or post up a step by step process for the storm? thanks
    12-09-08 05:08 PM
    can someone pm me or post up a step by step process for the storm? thanks
    Go back and re-read the first page there are directions on how to apply the filter. It is the same for all blackberries on the BIS system.
    12-09-08 06:33 PM
    where is the BIS? i did it via Black Berry. Thanks for answering my n00b questions!
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    12-09-08 06:34 PM
    You shouldn't need to setup or login to a BIS account using your PC, it's all done through your phone. On your Storm, just go to Email Settings under the Setup icon. This should display your current BIS account email addresses. Now click the menu button on your Storm and choose Filters or click the little snowflake looking icon at the bottom of the screen between the Edit and Delete icons. Now just enter in the appropriate filter data as described in this thread.

Does anyone have a solution for if you want to send yourself messages through your Gmail account but don't want duplicates sent? Setting up this filter will remove the duplicates but there are time when you may want to send yourself something.

Jason
    If you set your BIS service up that gives you 2 email addresses on 1 phone. Your @gmail.com and your @vzw.blackberry.net account. Use 1 account to email the other account.

EDIT: It is easier to set your BIS account up from a PC than the phone. I don't care how cool the phone is.
    Last edited by gtstang462002; 12-09-08 at 06:39 PM.
    12-09-08 06:37 PM
    thanks man! i figured it out with this link!!!
    12-10-08 12:39 PM
    Let's just assume you are using GMail. You have to create a filter on your BIS account, to say "anything from Me / my email address", don't send to handheld...
    ya but, what if you like to email yourself notes? then you cant.

there should be an option not to send sent mail, or hide emails sent. its a royale pain in the arse
    12-10-08 02:39 PM
    I still can't get this to work..when I try to recover the password the email that I get says my username and pass doesnt exsist

Whats the problem..
    12-10-08 03:08 PM
    Wow thanks! I was going to post the exact same question but decided to search instead. You rock Ivan!!!
    12-10-08 06:43 PM
    this is actually one of the better tips!
    thanks!
    12-10-08 08:25 PM
    Thanks. This was a huge help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 10:53 AM
    Confused, are you talking about logging into your BIS, or GMail?

Do this from a pc, i.e. trying to log into BIS and GMail...

I still can't get this to work..when I try to recover the password the email that I get says my username and pass doesnt exsist

Whats the problem..
    12-11-08 11:29 AM
    ^ I have the same problem when trying to log into BIS. I'm doing this from a computer.
    12-12-08 09:16 PM
    Might have to speak with your carrier to have them check/create your BIS account...

^ I have the same problem when trying to log into BIS. I'm doing this from a computer.
    12-12-08 09:38 PM
    Nice post - sorry if I missed this info but it's 33 pages...!

Why would this problem not have occured when I first set up my Gmail on my new Bold...and today when I replaced my Bold because of a bad key, restored everything from DM, resent my service books...I suddenly have this problem?

The fix is quite simple but I wonder why it wasn't a problem for me before...and what's changed from yesterday on my device.

Thanks
    12-14-08 10:06 AM
    Need some help setting this up on my phone. I am on a BES server. I have created the filter per the instructions here but I cannot seem to make it work. I am currently at my house and have no cell service so I am using my wifi network. Could that be the problem. Once my phone registers back with cell service should this correct it? Thanks for any help you can give. I have it setup on the device as follows:

Filter Name: ME
    Sent to:
    Subject:
    cc: to me - unchecked
    Bcc: to me - unchecked
    Importance: None
    Sensitivity: None
    Action: Do not forward

I set my gmail account up on my phone itself (Bold).

Another question, should I be worried about having personal email on my company BES phone? Can my company read my emails? Thanks.
    12-14-08 12:08 PM
    When I first set up the rule everything was okay, now the email I receive on the BlackBerry is sporadic at best. I can't figure it out. My MobileMe account works fine on the Pearl, but Gmail is completely screwed up. Meanwhile my iPod Touch works great. . .maybe I should only used the Gmail application for that account.

Are all these problems a server side bug that will resolved eventually? Receiving your sent messages in your inbox can hardly be considered a feature.
    12-14-08 01:14 PM
    i tried signing into the bis but i don't know my login
    i tried creating a log in and it said one already exists
    had a password sent to my bb and i get a message saying that there isn't an account yet. access bis on your phone
    idk what is going on
    12-14-08 05:46 PM
    The problems that I had with my Gmail that didn't exist when I first set it up were easy to fix when I finally decided to just delete the Gmail account from the Blackberry/AT&T mail server and spend 5 minutes to set it up from scratch.

I suggest you do the same if you're having any sort of problems that you didn't have before.
    12-15-08 07:33 AM
    My Gmail account was sending me a copy of every darn message I sent. Thanks to this excellent thread I am now "receipt free." This was making me crazy. Thank you!
    12-15-08 09:47 AM
    Thanks guy this was very helpful
    12-15-08 10:15 AM
    Thanks NaviWilliams and NCC1701p for the walk throughs for this blackberry Newbie.

12-15-08 10:31 AM
    Anyone see anything I am doing wrong in my above post? I am still getting a copy of every sent message. I am thinking of just deleting my gmail account from the blackberry and using the google mail app.
    12-15-08 12:20 PM
    OK so I got a used blackberry from a friend of mine and when i go to register it says that my pin in already registered?

How do I get it reset? ANy thoughts I emailed VZW but i have not heard back yet so I figured I would ask here while I am waiting to hear back from VZW
    12-15-08 06:58 PM
    This won't work for me. I tried to create an account on the BIS site but it said my PIN already existed for an account. So then I asked to get my password sent to my phone and when they sent it, the email said I didn't have an account. How can I fix this?
    12-16-08 03:56 PM
    This won't work for me. I tried to create an account on the BIS site but it said my PIN already existed for an account. So then I asked to get my password sent to my phone and when they sent it, the email said I didn't have an account. How can I fix this?
    Have you created a BIS account on your storm already? If so, it's the same username and password to log into the BIS website as you have on the storm.
    12-16-08 04:10 PM
879 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD