In GMail have many filters setup that will label and often Archive my mail.
    This allows me to see the messages I want in my Inbox AND only receive essential "Inbox" mail on my Blackberry.

I recently installed the new Enhanced Gmail plug in for my Verizon Blackberry Tour. After I did so I noticed that I started receiving All Mail (including the messages that my filters automatically Archive to All Mail) instead of just the mail that appears in my Inbox.

To try to resolve this I uninstalled the Enhanced Gmail Plug in but I continued to receive All Mail on my Blackberry. My Web-based GMail Inbox is fine as always.

I have tried deleting the gmail account and re adding it on the Blackberry -- I even got a replacement BB for a separate track ball issue, but I still get All Mail in my BB Inbox and it is driving me nuts!!
    My setup, I believe is IMAP as I am using the default setup that RIM provides where you just provided your email address and password during setup.
    Any ideas??
    Thanks!!!
    08-31-09 02:11 PM
    Found solution to my own issue!!!

SETUP GMAIL IMAP MANUALLY TO RECEIVE JUST YOUR INBOX MAIL ON YOUR BLACKBERRY.

Here are the directions to connect to your Gmail using manual IMAP settings.
    This will allow you to receive just your "Inbox" Gmail on your Blackberry and not "All Mail".
    With the settings below, any filters you have setup that archive emails to "All Mail" (and thus bypass your Gmail Inbox) will NOT show up on your Blackberry.
    This is a personal choice but this can be a very desirable setup as you will not be annoyed by every email that "hits" your GMail account.
    You can always check your All Mail on the web or with the standalone Gmail App on the Blackberry.
    I had setup Gmail a long while back this way and when I recently tried the (terrible) Enhanced Gmail Plugin, I had to remove and re-add my Gmail account on the Verizion/RIM site.
    Gmail and RIM claim that BB only supports IMAP now (not POP) but if you let RIM setup your Gmail by providing just your Gmail address and password (and not the steps below) you will get every message ("All Mail") in your BB Inbox.

Do the following and enjoy receiving only the essential "Inbox" emails you want on your Blackberry device!!!

1. On the web, be sure IMAP is enabled in your Gmail Settings.
    2. On the web, visit your carrier�s Blackberry setup page.
    3. Log into it and click "Set Up Account"
    4. On the "Email Account Set-up" page, enter a dummy email address "username @blahee.com" and dummy password. Select Next.
    5. Wait a bit and, you should see a screen that says "We were unable to configure "username @blahee.com". Choose one of the following options and select Next".
    6. Select "I will provide the settings to add this email account", then Next.
    7. It should say "We were unable to configure "username @blahee.com". Please select one of the following options:"
    8. Select "This is my personal email account".
    9. Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
    10. Select "I will provide the settings to add this email account", then Next.
    11. You'll see a message "The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [ "username @blahee.com"] email account." Select "Provide the Settings" to continue.
    12. In the "User name:" field, enter your proper Gmail address (including "@gmail.com"). Then enter your password in the 'Password:' field.
    13. In the "Email server:" field, enter "imap.gmail.com" then select Next.
    14. If Gmail access was successfully configured, select OK.
    15. Below your newly added Gmail address, select Edit.
    16. Select Advanced Settings.
    17. Make sure the port is set to '993' and 'Use SSL' is set to 'Yes.'
    18. Select Save.

NOTE:
    1) Remove the space after username in "username @blahee.com"... (crackberry isn't letting me post a message with an email address.)
    2) Save a lot of hassle and don't try the Enhanced Gmail Plugin unless it is GREATLY improved!
    DaddyFizzle likes this.
    09-01-09 08:41 AM
    Thanks for this!
    12-08-10 09:06 AM
    I had to trade in my Storm today because it wasn't charging properly and some other funny things. To my surprise they gave me a Storm2 (go go gadget wi-fi!) and I've spent the remainder of the day tying to set it up just like the old one.

What's annoying is that my little unread mail indicator says 4 and according to the email accounts I have set up, I have no unread emails. If I change the filter in my gmail account to show All Mail, then I get the missing ones. But I usually use the curvy back/escape key to get out of mail and it undoes that change. How do I get it to stay? Or barring that, how do I get the indicator to G up with what's showing in the accounts?

And by the way, kudos to the BES, it apparenty stored waaaay more of my information than I previously realized. I got a lot back when I reactivated, a lot of stuff I thought I would have to reenter - like my quick keys.
    03-02-11 07:10 PM
    Im having a similar issue as above.
    I just updated the OS on my torch, and restored all my emails from DM to it, at first it looked like it had not done it, but when i go into the filters option and choose "all email" i can then see all my emails, but by default the inbox option is ticked, when you back out of the filters screen it goes back to the empty inbox?
    Any help appreciated
    04-18-11 05:11 AM
    Found solution to my own issue!!!

SETUP GMAIL IMAP MANUALLY TO RECEIVE JUST YOUR INBOX MAIL ON YOUR BLACKBERRY.

Here are the directions to connect to your Gmail using manual IMAP settings.
    This will allow you to receive just your "Inbox" Gmail on your Blackberry and not "All Mail".
    With the settings below, any filters you have setup that archive emails to "All Mail" (and thus bypass your Gmail Inbox) will NOT show up on your Blackberry.
    This is a personal choice but this can be a very desirable setup as you will not be annoyed by every email that "hits" your GMail account.
    You can always check your All Mail on the web or with the standalone Gmail App on the Blackberry.
    I had setup Gmail a long while back this way and when I recently tried the (terrible) Enhanced Gmail Plugin, I had to remove and re-add my Gmail account on the Verizion/RIM site.
    Gmail and RIM claim that BB only supports IMAP now (not POP) but if you let RIM setup your Gmail by providing just your Gmail address and password (and not the steps below) you will get every message ("All Mail") in your BB Inbox.

Do the following and enjoy receiving only the essential "Inbox" emails you want on your Blackberry device!!!

1. On the web, be sure IMAP is enabled in your Gmail Settings.
    2. On the web, visit your carrier�s Blackberry setup page.
    3. Log into it and click "Set Up Account"
    4. On the "Email Account Set-up" page, enter a dummy email address "username @blahee.com" and dummy password. Select Next.
    5. Wait a bit and, you should see a screen that says "We were unable to configure "username @blahee.com". Choose one of the following options and select Next".
    6. Select "I will provide the settings to add this email account", then Next.
    7. It should say "We were unable to configure "username @blahee.com". Please select one of the following options:"
    8. Select "This is my personal email account".
    9. Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
    10. Select "I will provide the settings to add this email account", then Next.
    11. You'll see a message "The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [ "username @blahee.com"] email account." Select "Provide the Settings" to continue.
    12. In the "User name:" field, enter your proper Gmail address (including "@gmail.com"). Then enter your password in the 'Password:' field.
    13. In the "Email server:" field, enter "imap.gmail.com" then select Next.
    14. If Gmail access was successfully configured, select OK.
    15. Below your newly added Gmail address, select Edit.
    16. Select Advanced Settings.
    17. Make sure the port is set to '993' and 'Use SSL' is set to 'Yes.'
    18. Select Save.

NOTE:
    1) Remove the space after username in "username @blahee.com"... (crackberry isn't letting me post a message with an email address.)
    2) Save a lot of hassle and don't try the Enhanced Gmail Plugin unless it is GREATLY improved!
    This worked perfectly, thank you!!!!!
    08-05-11 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD