Does anyone know how to enable this? Specifically, T-Mobile users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 07:12 AM
    No idea what you're talking about - please elaborate.....
    01-08-10 08:48 PM
    Two-way wireless synchronization with Google Mail Contacts* and the Address Book on the BlackBerry smart phone:

* Synchronize Google Mail contacts quickly and easily to the BlackBerry smart phone
    * Add or edit Contacts and the Contacts are automatically updated, whether they are updated on the computer or BlackBerry smart phone
    * Note: Two-way wireless Contact synchronization with Google Mail Contacts requires BlackBerry� Device Software 5.0 and configuration through email settings on the BlackBerry smart phone. Additional requirements and constraints may be found within the BlackBerry Internet Service 2.8 Documentation Kit. This feature is not supported on BlackBerry smart phones with BlackBerry� Connect™ software.

from BlackBerry BIS 2.8 feature list comes to light � Boy Genius Report
    01-08-10 09:02 PM
    gmail-google-web-apps-bis-2-8-contact-sync-5-0-a-381971/

Better downloading the app google sync, it works very well
    Last edited by pierrot; 01-10-10 at 05:50 AM.
    01-10-10 05:46 AM
    I've tried to set that up myself but with no luck. Apparently you should be able to go to my.t-mobile.com and edit your gmail account settings. Check the box the at says Synchronize Contacts. Click Save and these directions will be displayed.

1. In the Setup folder, log in to the email settings application.
    2. After you log in, the security activation starts. By completing the security activation, wireless synchronization of your contacts entries with your device automatically begins.

I personally never could find the "Email Settings" app. Thats the directions i believe you were looking for.
    01-11-10 11:10 AM
    Something else to try is, go to your "Manage emal settings" (this should be found in your 'setup' folder)
    highlight (don't click or select) the gmail account you want to sync.
    BB Menu
    Edit
    Scroll down to "Synchronization Options"
    expand and select box for contacts

I'm sorry if this is just a repeat of what you have already done. Hopefully not. I too am new to BB, new to the forums, and just want to help and learn.

I was able to do this successfully with t-mobile when setting up my gmail account via the t-mobile interface. However, I found that if I did NOT have the information formatted correctly in GMail (for example, if I just had an email address for someone, but no name), I would get weird entries in my phone list on my blackberry (like, just an email address, and no name....exactly how it was in Gmail).
    I'm going to presume that you have this all entered correctly in GMail. Not sure what the problem could be with yours.
    01-11-10 01:35 PM
    Remove your gmail account and then set it up again. You will be prompted to sync contacts.
    02-09-10 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD