(...or better yet, from the contacts app of the phone).
    +1
    01-17-13 08:07 PM
    Love it!
    Much better call quality then the cell phone for long distance.
    01-17-13 08:09 PM
    ...In addition, I would like to see new update to the playbook for better booting and performance and accept BBM voice through the blackberry bridge. Also answering regular calls while synced with my playbook is bridged to the my phone would be sweetness!
    I have also thought this would be an excellent feature - why limit the phone-bridge capability interactivity to just a popup that the phone is ringing and the option to MUTE the ringer.. it would be so cool to have the option to answer the call with playbook speaker/microphone and use the playbook to control the phone app features - hold, 3 way calling, conference calls, a full on dial pad, images of callers, integration with mobile conferencing... this really should be a priority of phone/bridge/playbook upgrades.
    01-17-13 08:16 PM
    i know... i'm getting off-topic,... but these features "could" be mirrored in bbm voice as well if it were included in the bridge version of bbm
    01-17-13 08:18 PM
    BBM voice is gr8........still wondering what took them so long........would love to see BBM video calls also........can't wait for BB10.......
    01-17-13 09:02 PM
    Love BBM Voice, only issue I have had with it is when I was talking from Canada to Florida and it was extremely delayed and laggy.
    hakdaddy likes this.
    01-17-13 09:25 PM
    I use it all the time with family and colleagues at work. I am extremely grateful for the additional functionality being added to BBM. It has never dropped a call, it sounds great, and it allows me to stay in touch when I am on the road.

I can't wait for BB10 and even more amazing things with BBM. I have already convinced some family members that were issued non BB devices through work or that never owned a BB device to get new BB10 phones when they come out.
    01-17-13 09:39 PM
    Having issue with the voice quality, and laggy sometimes. But maybe they're caused by unstable wifi connections.
    Cheers
    01-17-13 09:54 PM
    I'll echo most sentiments about wi-fi only restricted calls - expansion to phone data use I believe is critical to wide market adoption amoung users. In addition cross platforming (basic) BBM service to other OS could drive out competing competitors such as whatsapp leaving BBM as the world method in communicating. Or integrate BBM voice so one user on BBM voice can talk to another user on Skype or other service... I don't know if that's even technically feasible or if the carriers would cry foul for losing long distance air time charges.

I haven't used this new service very much for simple lack of contacts having to be on wifi at the same time.... conversations would have to be co-ordinated.
    Will be testing this service to keep in contact with Family when away in Panama this week.... so I'll be back to let you know how the service is.

GO BB10.... I can't wait!!!! 13 More Dreams
    I agree with everything here, especially being cross platform. BBM was once a main selling point for blackberries, so we were afraid others wouldn't buy a blackberry if they could get BBM on other devices. That's not the case anymore, BB10 is the total package. One feature among hundreds.

Only thing I'd like to point out is everybody wants BBM voice WIFI to 3G. Not BBM voice 3G to 3G, that would be pointless. This would allow anybody who is long distance to call there friends back home on any device, and regardless if there waiting by a router for our call. Something needs to be incorporated into the contacts app. Where I look at somebodies name and It shows if there in wifi coverage then I can select how I want to call them, 3G or wifi. Having to check BBM first is so iphone, were blackberry, we get **** done.

The cross application calls the previous poster mentioned would now be almost pointless, I could live without that. People just have to download BBM, get in a cell coverage zone or there out in the dark lol
    Last edited by dannyd86; 01-17-13 at 11:23 PM.
    01-17-13 10:03 PM
    Great on my Torch - the only thing is that at home I had to find out about my IP and configure the wireless to the phone. Other than that - it works like a charm.

I also have a playbook, along with the entire family - so we regularly video chat. I think that feature will exist in BB10, so it will be awesome.

It would be nice if I could see who has the voice function just by looking at the contact list - right now I can only find that out once I click on a user and start a chart. The phone icon needs to appear on the contact list.

Please make BBM an app for across platform - it will be a great way for iOS and Android users to experience the magic of BB and possibly get them converted.

keep up the good work.
    01-17-13 10:42 PM
    GO RIM!!!!! Cant Wait for BlackBerry 10!! ok so back to the topic. i love BBM voice. clear quality so far i have only used it locally and its been great. one suggestion i would make is if the calls were made thru 3G or 4G. its kind of a hassle connecting thru wifi and wifi isnt everywhere like i cant walk inside my workplace and expect to find wifi there. so making calls thru 3G or 4G would be my suggestion. Thank You RIM!!

#BlackBerry.By.Choice!!
    01-17-13 10:56 PM
    I felt like it was developed too late in the game. If this was made 2 years ago when people are limited with expensive minutes and less for their phone bills it is okay. Now days, everyone texts, I have 200 incoming and outgoing minutes a month and I never use it up. Even if I wanted to make long calls, my friends don't use Blackberries. I love the idea but right now, there are just not enough BlackBerries for it to be effective.
    01-17-13 10:58 PM
    Theres been talk about a BBM desktop! that could serve as a way for other platforms to video call and bbm with BlackBerry! PLEASE make something like this!!
    The_Adventist likes this.
    01-17-13 11:00 PM
    Oh ya, BBM on my PlayBook as a late Christmas present would be supersanta!!
    Or throw us PlayBook owners a bone Jan30th, Not BB10 on Playbook but BBM on PlayBook for starters! Yes!
    01-17-13 11:04 PM
    I would be happy too if voice and video calls could be made in the same way messages are set-BB data plan. As for the cross platform talk....for me keep it BB.....you want the experience then get a BB or go cry in your coffee
    SirJes likes this.
    01-17-13 11:11 PM
    varying success: very good calls with my wife, connection issues (wifi is connected, but still that's what bbm says is wrong) on my father in law's 9700. Love the potential of the feature! And yes, since I have a generous data plan, I would love to be able to do this over 3G (or in 12 months or so time here in NL, 4G).
    01-18-13 02:27 AM
    . edit. duplicate
    01-18-13 02:29 AM
    You mean native BBM? I'd rather not have that, I'll keep bridging my 9900 to my PB. It would just be confusing to me, and I never have my PB near without have my BB as well.
    01-18-13 02:33 AM
    As many people said, my key point will be that they add the 3G connection as I'm outside WiFi zones normally.

+1
    That feature would be COOL too! To have the posibility to call the BBM contacts directly throught the contacts app of our BB.

Hope they add SOON these features!

Cheers from Barcelona!
    Last edited by Biulet; 01-18-13 at 02:42 AM. Reason: spelling
    01-18-13 02:41 AM
    I have a 9700, without a touchscreen. When I decide to use the voice feature after a long conversation, it's impossible to scroll up all the way to hit the voice button. With a touchscreen that would have not been an issue. But without, it's just too much of a hassle. It would have been easier if there was a command under the menu key that says: goto voice, or something like that. Great improvement overall, hope to see 3G support and video calls. Thanks.
    01-18-13 03:49 AM
    I have gone into the survey. All of us still using phones with 6.0 cannot use the voice feature but the survey doesn't take that point into consideration. Naturally when the BBM upgrade came I upgraded to 7.0 in BBM but of course couldn't use the voice features on my OS. :-) BBM Team keep that in mind with the survey. :-) Cheers everyone!! :-)
    01-18-13 03:57 AM
    I have gone into the survey. All of us still using phones with 6.0 cannot use the voice feature but the survey doesn't take that point into consideration. Naturally when the BBM upgrade came I upgraded to 7.0 in BBM but of course couldn't use the voice features on my OS. :-) BBM Team keep that in mind with the survey. :-) Cheers everyone!! :-)
    i'm using OS6 with bbm7 and it works flawlessly...
    bbm6 doesn't come with voice calls...
    clarify please..

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-18-13 04:02 AM
    Works like a dream and very very clear. much better voice quality then skype and face time.

The problem is that I have to find a time when me & the person I want to talk to are both on wifi. This needs to also use cellular 3g/4g signals.

My only other comment would be the call button on the top right. It needs to be a bit bigger. My fat fingers often accidently gets the profile instead.

Also, if there is a RIM BBM Rep here they need to start posting. Look at the Viber thread. Sure the viber rep basically says the same thing over & over..."it's coming" but it's still nice to see their posts, & they do respond to individual post too
    01-18-13 04:40 AM
    7.0.0.131 "works" with 9700/OS5 but having problems with the SSL certificate for voip.blackberry.com. Looks like the underlying root authority certificate from Thawte is missing from the device and I can't find how to import it. I can trust locally but it won't stick
    01-18-13 04:49 AM
    call qualtiy is great but sometimes it just won't connect at all..the other person won't hear me or sometimes won't even get the call... idk what the problem is...
    01-18-13 07:16 AM
78 1234