OMG, yeah! I just got my 9780 today and I HATE these trays, it's so easy to get to another one and then you have to move the trackpad so much to get to the "All" one.
    04-27-11 09:05 AM
    OMG, yeah! I just got my 9780 today and I HATE these trays, it's so easy to get to another one and then you have to move the trackpad so much to get to the "All" one.
    I think you can press the END CALL key to go back to the ALL pane
    04-27-11 09:10 AM
    Yeah been looking for a theme with the top frame being smaller & no icons below for a clear screen theme. Just need the all in notification bar with lotsa shortcuts to launch native apps. The trays are very irritating
    04-27-11 09:56 AM
    I though the trays were kinda cool at first, then I started using my BB, WHAT A PAIN.

I HATE THE TRAYS!!!

Has anyone gone to OS5 just to get away from the goofy trays?
    07-10-11 11:07 PM
    Believe it or not, some users don't want to spend time fiddling around with skinning and theming etc etc... We just want to be productive, and fooling around trying to make a "new" device as easy to use as your "old" device just isn't productive. Even if it's something one "gets used to" there's no doubt that the default tray nav behavior makes it too easy to unintentionally scroll over into another tray.

I think the "minimum" help that RIM should provide with the default theme is to:

1.) Allow "locking" of the trays...
    2.) At least offer an option so that scrolling between trays is only triggered when scrolling sideways while the tray header is activate... I realize that some people who like the trays and have indeed "gotten used to" the sideways scrolling may also like scrolling to the next tray when the app icons are active, but that's what options are for... I'd be MUCH more inclined to actually try to like trays if it weren't so easy to unintentionally switch between them - and I think limiting the sideways scroll to the tray header bar would accomplish that.

From there, I'd then like to see sideways scrolling when app icons are active to scroll you down/up to the next/previous row of icons instead of over into another tray. Seems basic UI navigation to me...

I think more advanced options would be "nice to haves"... like deleting trays you don't want, and creating your own new trays without having to create your own entire themes...

<off topic> As a side note, I could have sworn that UNLOCKING my old BB 8330 resulted in focus being placed on the Mail Messages Icon (and not back to the LOCK) icon (if I had manually locked the device) like is happening now on the 9330/BB OSv6... Maybe it was not the case, and I used to scroll "up" as soon as I unlocked... but on the 9330/OSv6, I keep locking it as soon as I unlock it - again, muscle memory making me think it's ok to just hit enter as soon as I unlock. Grrrr...
    Last edited by steje; 07-20-11 at 08:48 AM.
    jonathon.94 likes this.
    07-20-11 08:44 AM
    I don't like the Trays either, so I went into options and clicked on no icons....... now I don't have the bother of sliding from tray to tray. You will have to hit menu or the bottom bar to get your homescreen up but that's the breaks.
    07-20-11 01:27 PM
    If I could create custom trays that held whatever I wanted, even website bookmarks and files, then I would love the trays.
    07-20-11 02:48 PM
    I don't mind the trays so much - I just wish I could select one as the default instead of being forced to "All". If I were able just to pick "Favourites", which I've organised just the way I like, as the default then I would be a happy camper!
    08-04-11 01:32 AM
    i just went from an 8330 to the bold 9650. and have spent the last couple days looking for a way to remove these trays. m almost to the point where id pay someone to make me a default skin that i could use that would remove the trays. bcause i actually love the default look.
    08-08-11 02:57 AM
    My themes are all the old style - no trays. Links available in my signature.
    08-08-11 04:41 AM
    I dislike the trays. I found a quick solution:

From anywhere in the OS:

1- Press the END key once (red end call key)
    2- Double press the BB key and POW- you are there.

Whew- so glad I figured this out!

Enjoying my 9780 a lot- downloading big files, browser so much better, track pad.
    10-01-11 07:16 PM
    10-29-11 08:42 PM
    10-29-11 08:46 PM
    04-14-12 03:22 PM
    I think you can press the END CALL key to go back to the ALL pane
    Excellent solution! I've been annoyed for at least a year since "upgrading" (?) to os6. So easy to accidentally move the trackpad sideways and lose what you were doing in the "All" tray, then fumble your way back. Now all I need to do is hit the red "end call" key and I'm immediately back in the "All" tray.
    06-25-12 10:13 PM
    Ditto on just hitting the red key. Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-23-12 06:34 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD