any way to delete the trays.. i just want "all" i dont need the rest.

are there any themes out for 9780 yet?
    11-20-10 09:56 AM
    No... and No

Once RIM updates Theme Studio to enable 9780 compatibility, all your prayers will be answered
    11-20-10 10:07 AM
    I, too, am not a fan of the trays as I find them to be redundant.
    11-21-10 03:54 AM
    I would love to just be able to LOCK the trays but no go.

You get used to it.
    11-21-10 06:39 AM
    I like OS6 on the 9780, i do not like the "Tray" system at all. The reason I like blackberry is its efficientcy, the trays are an extra step that does not need to be there.
    11-21-10 07:13 AM
    Are you listening RIM? We don't want the trays!!!! Please remove them or allow us to!!! Thank you.....
    stephsat likes this.
    11-21-10 10:54 AM
    Are you listening RIM? We don't want the trays!!!! Please remove them or allow us to!!! Thank you.....
    I can't see that happening... but that's the whole point of themes!

As soon as we get themes, we'll be able to customize or remove the trays completely ourselves
    11-21-10 11:15 AM
    +1 for removal of the trays, maybe a good idea for touchscreen phones but doesn't work too well on the touchpad phones.
    11-21-10 11:24 AM
    Hate these trays...I want the normal 9700 theme. I hate 6.0 for this.
    12-02-10 11:23 PM
    Agreed. No or lockable trays please RIM.
    12-03-10 02:10 AM
    I agree with you all. I thought I might be the only hater of the tray. Seems absolutely pointless/rediculous for the 9700. I don't know how that idea was maintained for the touchpad phones. Seems like it would be blantantly obvious to anyone who uses the OS that the tray system is not functional/useful on a 9700.

One thing you guys can do is go to the Home Screen Prefrences then change the default rows from "1" to 2 or 3 depending on how many rows you have, so that you do not have to open up the tray, all of your icons will be viewable at all times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BIOHazard87; 12-03-10 at 07:58 AM.
    12-03-10 07:56 AM
    Agreed. Especially the "frequent" tray. Anyone who uses their BB a lot will already have these at the top of their "all" tray.
    12-03-10 08:13 AM
    Agreed. Especially the "frequent" tray. Anyone who uses their BB a lot will already have these at the top of their "all" tray.
    +1, I don't need an icon in the other trays and the frequent tray too. I don't really care for the downloads tray either. Again, it's in my all tray, don't need to be reminded that I downloaded it.
    12-03-10 08:52 AM
    Thought I would voice a diffrent opinon on the subject, I like the trays, I don't use them all but for example I mark contacts I often use as favorites and have 5 of my most used contacts in the favorites try with a nice little photo icon or the same with bookmarks for the browser,

I'm not saying that having the option to remove or lock them is a bad idea but removing them all together from the os would be disappointing.

12-03-10 11:16 AM
    And while we're getting rid of things...how about that huge banner that takes up half the viewable area of the screen?

Ridiculous! Who the h-e-l-l designed this anyway?
    12-03-10 01:22 PM
    I propose a redesign of the trays.
    you can choose to enable or disable that standard trays, you can create your own and use smart trays, AND you can make "application trays" (eg the contacts tray would hold all your contacts, browser trays can hoild history and bookmarks, messages tray can show all of your emails, SMS, MMS, BBHM, etc, etc)
    12-03-10 02:05 PM
    Hi folks,

You may already know this, but........

I too dislike the application trays is OS6, so I messed around and found there is a way to disable them and have a clean screen. From the home screen: Blackberry/Menu key-Options-Number of Icon Rows- select No Icons. This removes all of the trays and eliminates the sideways scrolling altogether.

To access all of your apps, simply swipe the track-pad or track-ball in a downward motion and all the apps pop up. To close the apps, simply use the back button.

With the Messages shortcut near the top of the standard OS6 home screen, I don't need to access much else, but I do use Quick Launch to give me; Device Info, Bluetooth Toggle, and Sirius/XM Radio.

I also have my dialing from home screen disabled: Blackberry/Menu-Options-Launch by Typing-Application Shortcuts (instead of Universal Search). This gives you the standard application shortcuts to open Contacts, Messages, BBM, Calendar, etc. with one press of the corresponding key.

To dial a call quickly, simply touch the letter "P" of the green send/answer key and start dialing or typing the name of the contact you wish to dial.

I hope this helps some of you - I know I really like this configuration with OS6, as it makes the BB very clean and professional, which I find in keeping with a business-centric device.

Hoppy
    12-04-10 03:52 AM
    Hi folks,

Thanks, but we do already know this and it doesn't eliminate the fact that the stock theme is b-u-t-t ugly.
    12-04-10 08:41 AM
    That would be a great feature if it where possible!

12-04-10 06:11 PM
    That would be a great feature if it where possible!

If what were possible???
    12-04-10 07:27 PM
    A redesign of the trays... And a feature to add your own fonts would be good

12-04-10 07:51 PM
    Hi folks,

I too dislike the application trays is OS6, so I messed around and found there is a way to disable them and have a clean screen. From the home screen: Blackberry/Menu key-Options-Number of Icon Rows- select No Icons. This removes all of the trays and eliminates the sideways scrolling altogether.

To access all of your apps, simply swipe the track-pad or track-ball in a downward motion and all the apps pop up. To close the apps, simply use the back button.
    The tray will still scroll sideways once you open it...
    12-09-10 11:00 PM
    This removes all of the trays and eliminates the sideways scrolling altogether.

Hoppy
    It doesn't eliminate the big banner at the bottom that lights up as you scroll sideways. They still scroll sideways.
    12-10-10 02:48 PM
    Thought I would voice a diffrent opinon on the subject, I like the trays, I don't use them all but for example I mark contacts I often use as favorites and have 5 of my most used contacts in the favorites try with a nice little photo icon or the same with bookmarks for the browser,

I'm not saying that having the option to remove or lock them is a bad idea but removing them all together from the os would be disappointing.

This is exactly how I use my favorite tab. I'm all for lockable, just don't remove them all together.

12-10-10 02:58 PM
    I like the tray idea. But I don't like that RIM did not give us the possibilty to manage those trays like we want to.
    12-12-10 05:51 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD