Alright, so it took me about an hour and a half to figure this out; the errors I got along the way were as follows:

1. Tried using OTA links. OUTCOME: Either got "Invalid COD" or "403" errors.
    2. Tried replacing the BBM files in OS java folder. OUTCOME: Installed but no icon.
    3. Tried using BB App loader to install the files. OUTCOME: Got the message "This app is not compatible with your device, etc.

Now I've FINALLY got it running on os 5.0.0.100 on 3 8900's, if you follow the instructions below you shouldn't encounter any problems.

PREREQUISITES:

1. BBM 5.0 COD files (They are attached to this post in ZIP format.)
    2. Blackberry Master Control Program: Can be found HERE
    3. USB Cable
    4. Your BB 8900 (of course )

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download the BBM 5.0 COD files attached to this post, as well as Blackberry Master Control Program (Link found above ^).
    2. Install Blackberry Master Control Program.
    3. Unzip BBM 5.0 COD files to a folder on your desktop.
    4. Plug your BB into your pc and launch Blackberry Master Control Program.
    5. Click on the "Java Loader" icon (2nd icon down on the left; see screenshot).
    6. Click on the blue icon to "Load Modules" (see screenshot).
    7. Click on the "COD/JAD" button and select the 2 COD files that you extracted from the zip (net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod & net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resources_en.cod; see screenshot).
    8. Click on the "Load" button under "Execute" to load the COD modules to your BB (see screenshot).
    9. After the modules are done loading (takes about 10-15 sec), Pull your battery for 15 seconds.
    10. Replace your battery and you should be good to go; the BBM icon may be located in an "Instant Messaging" folder.

SCREENSHOT:

NOTES:
    Please note that this has been used to install BBM 5.0 on 4 8900's so far and it's worked everytime; it has also been used on other models with OS 4.5 all the way to 5.0.0.100; I haven't tried it on 5.0.0.130 yet, but I doubt it will work, seeing as how 130 is on platform 5 as opposed to platform 4.

I hope this helps those out who are struggling trying to get BBM installed as I was.

Thanks!
    08-22-09 05:50 AM
    3. Tried using BB App loader to install the files. OUTCOME: Got the message "This app is not compatible with your device, etc.
    For a lot of people who got this message, all you had to do was delete the OS from your PC. I got that message on my Bold, read someone suggest removing the OS from my PC and Boom, it worked.

Maybe it's different for your phone.
    08-22-09 08:49 AM
    For a lot of people who got this message, all you had to do was delete the OS from your PC. I got that message on my Bold, read someone suggest removing the OS from my PC and Boom, it worked.

Maybe it's different for your phone.
    haha, i spent what felt like forever trying to figure it out. But all in all; the BB's standalone Apploader seems about twice as fast as using DM.
    08-22-09 09:34 AM
    Is it necessary to delete BBM from phone before installing 5.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:40 AM
    Is it necessary to delete BBM from phone before installing 5.0?

Usually they would get overwritten, but go ahead and delete them before installation.
    08-22-09 10:24 AM
    i just did this and aftter i did the battery pull and restarted, i went to the the IM folder to check it out..

phone just froze on that screen..

had to battery pull twice and it kept doin the same thing.
    08-28-09 11:27 AM
    I though this was a tutorial to get BBM 5.0 on the newly leaked OS 5.0.0.190.

Oh wells..
    08-28-09 11:34 AM
    ok the freezing stopped but when i click on the bbm icon, it doesn't open up...

what can be the problem?

also, i'm using the original OS not 5.0
    08-28-09 11:37 AM
    ok the freezing stopped but when i click on the bbm icon, it doesn't open up...

what can be the problem?

also, i'm using the original OS not 5.0
    hm thats odd. Lemme try it on my phone using the stock os.
    09-02-09 05:44 AM
    so would it work for the bold on 4.6 something .282.... and is this for BBM .17 or .08?
    09-02-09 08:29 AM
    i tried on 191 it gave me the 507 error oh well i guess i can wait till the next leak comes out
    09-02-09 09:07 AM
    i tried on 191 it gave me the 507 error oh well i guess i can wait till the next leak comes out
    what bbm were you trying to install?
    09-03-09 09:17 AM
    I tied it with the new one not 08 version

09-03-09 09:55 AM
    i had the same problem it wont open bbm at all. is there a way i can reverse this so i can at least use the bbm i had!?
    10-09-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD