Well, as we can all see from my post #69 (), I've had this for a few days and I'm really impressed! Battery life is steady at 1%-2%/hr. drain, no matter the extent of the usage. Browser loads really fast as well. But probably the biggest improvement I've seen is my carrier connection-very consistent at 4-5 bars. My first hybrid is a success! Thank you Mecca for building such a great hybrid! I love it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-11-12 09:01 AM
    Would love to try this, but I was hit hard with the mic muting bug of 402, will have to wait, and with the way the bug is random hits ppl, I agree on the thinking that it may be a region problem, anyone travel a lot notice if the bug come and go?

Sent from my 9810 using Tapatalk
    06-12-12 09:30 AM
    Would love to try this, but I was hit hard with the mic muting bug of 402, will have to wait, and with the way the bug is random hits ppl, I agree on the thinking that it may be a region problem, anyone travel a lot notice if the bug come and go?

Sent from my 9810 using Tapatalk
    Fortunately, I haven't had the issue before or after the installation of this awesome hybrid.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-13-12 12:27 AM
    I also have not had any problems with the mic issue (or any issues, for that matter) with this hybrid.

Fortunately, I haven't had the issue before or after the installation of this awesome hybrid.
    06-13-12 09:58 AM
    I'm getting two issues. Like some others, I was struck, this morning with the .402 mike muting bug. The other may be related -- I'm suddenly getting a box asking if I want to accept my BT headset connecting. No other OS version has done that before. If a BT device was paired and on, the phone used to just connect. Time to revert to what I was running before.
    06-14-12 09:23 AM
    My first hybrid, but sadly it doesn't help my rebooting issue. Oh well, the hunt continues.
    06-14-12 02:05 PM
    I also have not had any problems with the mic issue (or any issues, for that matter) with this hybrid.
    Well - I am sorry to say that now I too have encountered the mic problem - but not only do I believe this is NOT an issue with Gamma Prime, I believe this is an AT&T issue and seems "regional" in occurence.

To everyone - I have created a new thread in the 9810 section "Mic problems with OS 7.1 - straight versions or hybrids" - to gather some data so Mecca and I can try and figure out a solution to this very odd problem.

Please take a few minutes and review the thread and provide information.

Thanks in advance from Mecca and myself!
    06-14-12 05:46 PM
    Well - I am sorry to say that now I too have encountered the mic problem - but not only do I believe this is NOT an issue with Gamma Prime, I believe this is an AT&T issue and seems "regional" in occurence.

To everyone - I have created a new thread in the 9810 section "Mic problems with OS 7.1 - straight versions or hybrids" - to gather some data so Mecca and I can try and figure out a solution to this very odd problem.

Please take a few minutes and review the thread and provide information.

Thanks in advance from Mecca and myself!
    So, you and Mecca are working on the hybrids together? Cool. Well, hopefully both of you can figure it out for those having issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 11:16 PM
    So, you and Mecca are working on the hybrids together? Cool. Well, hopefully both of you can figure it out for those having issues.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Well - I don't want to take undue credit - I am simply helping Mecca out by trying to gather some data RE: who is having the mic issues and where - when it comes to the code work, I don't even go there - Mecca is the guru in that area!

Additionally, by everyone responding to the "mic problems" thread - we are ALL helping Mecca!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-16-12 11:22 AM
    torch 9810
    06-16-12 12:28 PM
    Well - I don't want to take undue credit - I am simply helping Mecca out by trying to gather some data RE: who is having the mic issues and where - when it comes to the code work, I don't even go there - Mecca is the guru in that area!

Additionally, by everyone responding to the "mic problems" thread - we are ALL helping Mecca!

It's all good and I wasn't trying to put you on the spot. Also, anyone helping Mecca to bring a new hybrid to the rest of us (regardless of the level of participation) is cool with me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 on Meccas' "Gamma Prime" Hybrid OS using Tapatalk (*_~)
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-16-12 12:59 PM
    can this hybrid be installed on 9900 ???? plz answer Me
    06-20-12 12:34 AM
    There isn't. The 9810 has totally different software than the 9360.
    The answer is, NO. But what if mecca provide us a link of java swaps maybe we can us it on Bold 9900 with 402 as the base OS? pardon me from quoting mecca's quote, im using Bold 9900 now
    06-20-12 08:57 AM
    Thanks for this. Didn't have much luck with the recent links for battery life. Loaded on my 9900 and so far so good, average discharge rate 2.18% and memory loss has been reduced significantly from around 28mb to currently 1.0 mb.
    How did you manage to install this in your 9900?

Thanks for your answer.
    06-20-12 10:21 AM
    How did you manage to install this in your 9900?

Thanks for your answer.
    Last edited by Slayohslay; 06-20-12 at 11:31 AM.
    06-20-12 10:41 AM
    If you haave .402 installed, just download this hybrid, unzip the file, extract just the JAVA folder, delete .402's JAVA folder and replace with the hybrids JAVA folder. Should work fine.
    Slayohslay likes this.
    06-23-12 02:43 PM
    Can i install base 523 ???
    how i can use the new app thats called device analyser
    with the battery life of ur hybrid ??
    06-28-12 08:57 PM
    Can i install base 523 ???
    how i can use the new app thats called device analyser
    with the battery life of ur hybrid ??
    You can just install the official .523. Device Analyzer isn't a new feature, it's been available for quite some time. If you're interest is in just having a hybrid OS, you can install this: http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...hybrid-732413/

All you would have to do is replace the .402 java with the one from this hybrid package, and install
    06-28-12 10:13 PM
    Mecca, i had an issue installing this on my Bold9900. The problem is, when load the OS, on the homescreen, all of the colour is purple-ish and white colour. I think because of the theme cod is not load-ed? I never replace it with the 9900 theme cod's. Am i right? The icon and all is everywhere!
    07-01-12 01:34 PM
    How do you go about installing if you dont have an origianal 402?

All i have in my loader file is 9810Allang_v7.1.0.205_P5.1.0.181

mart
    07-01-12 04:54 PM
    what is the battery life like on this hybrid? i am looking to improve mine and also experiment with different os's. i am quite able to wipe device using BBSAK and also re-load using AppLoader etc..have recovered more than one Bricked device and have had over 10 BB's
    07-02-12 02:33 PM
    what is the battery life like on this hybrid? i am looking to improve mine and also experiment with different os's. i am quite able to wipe device using BBSAK and also re-load using AppLoader etc..have recovered more than one Bricked device and have had over 10 BB's
    Well, with your experience, why wait? You have nothing to lose and results vary. So, go for it.
    07-02-12 10:59 PM
    Mecca, i had an issue installing this on my Bold9900. The problem is, when load the OS, on the homescreen, all of the colour is purple-ish and white colour. I think because of the theme cod is not load-ed? I never replace it with the 9900 theme cod's. Am i right? The icon and all is everywhere!
    Just replace the 9810 media .cod with the 9900's. That will remedy the icon error

How do you go about installing if you dont have an origianal 402?

All i have in my loader file is 9810Allang_v7.1.0.205_P5.1.0.181

mart
    Rename Gamma Primes fold to what you already have installed, and add (backup) to the authentic .205 folder
    07-03-12 03:32 AM
    Well ive installed something, how do i know if its the gamma prime update?

Mart
    07-04-12 03:56 PM
    EL MECCA!! been a big fan of your prime version since it first pops out! truly work the 9810 like its on steroids.. thanks for your excellent works gamma is really good on the battery. there's still a slight freeze/lag - i seldom encounter this, but usually 1/2-1 second of unresponsiveness every now and then

ow well, no biggie, but today since the new 9810 - 7.1.0.536 OS is official and ready, will u be making patches/fixes to accomodate the new innards to .536? or even release the new PRIME altogether? thanks again
    07-04-12 11:22 PM
107 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD