There was a time in history, where innovators utilized their skills to manifest a masterpiece. Ever vigilant, each detail of their work caressed, fine tuned. Often times paintings went incomplete, sculptures never refined simple because the craftsman ran out of time�his work interrupted by death. It�s within the epic halls of OpenSourceBB, that another Prime is born, based on the foundation of these craftsmen. I present to you: Gamma Prime

Using OS .402 as the construct, a heavy dose of java from OS .428 has been used to enhance many of the shortcomings of the former�s base operating system, giving the user one of the smoothest running hybrids to date.

Installation is just a matter of having OS .402 preinstalled; navigate thru your windows system, to the �Loader Files� directory and rename the existing .402 folder to something like �Backup 402″ (we wont need the contents of this folder). With the folder renamed, Loader or Desktop Manager won�t recognize it. Now, unzip Gamma Prime into the �Loader Files� directory (the same directory as �Backup 402′). Now the correct files are in place and all that is left to do is run loader.exe to install the hybrid.

I hope you enjoyed reading this blog, with the Optimus Prime voice ringing in your ears, because most of this was written to sound cool�and I was bored

Enjoy!!

Installation instructions: WARNING!!!

If you do NOT have experience in installing a hybrid or have not spent the proper time informing yourself about hybriding, DO NOT install this hybrid. Your device is not my device, and this Beta leak and its parts my wreck havoc on your phone and its operating system. That said, anyone in need of additional support after a successful installation must provide a system read and report. If any of what I�m saying sounds foreign to you, DO NOT PROCEED.

-Mecca

Hybrid Release: Mecca’s Gamma Prime Hybrid for Torch 9810 ← Open Source BlackBerry – OSBB
    06-01-12 06:50 AM
    Many thanks, Mecca. Gonna give it a go after work today.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-01-12 07:19 AM
    Many thanks, Mecca. Gonna give it a go after work today.
    Thanks man! Sorry I took so long. I needed a break from the scene and the web. I actually have another hybrid behind this one, but the battery on this build is awesome!!!
    06-01-12 08:20 AM
    Mecca,
    Sorry but I am a little confused as to the process. I have .402 on my computer (renamed to BACKUP) and I am not sure where to put your hybrid file. See ss, as I extracted the hybrid in the SHARED/LOADER folder and now have 2 folders (one is the Hybrid and one is the 402 backup):

This does not seem right, as it did not replace any of the original 402 files and I am not sure why naming the original to backup did anything. Again, sorry for the stupidity on my part but I am sure you can straighten me out.
    Last edited by tsells; 06-01-12 at 08:38 AM.
    06-01-12 08:34 AM
    Mecca,
    Sorry but I am a little confused as to the process. I have .402 on my computer (renamed to BACKUP) and I am not sure where to put your hybrid file. See ss, as I extracted the hybrid in the SHARED/LOADER folder and now have 2 folders (one is the Hybrid and one is the 402 backup):

Click to view quoted image

This does not seem right, as it did not replace any of the original 402 files and I am not sure why naming the original to backup did anything. Again, sorry for the stupidity on my part but I am sure you can straighten me out.
    you have done it right!

just install this with loader.exe
    tsells and Mecca EL like this.
    06-01-12 08:46 AM
    just installed gamma prime

soo smoooottthhhhhhh
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-01-12 08:47 AM
    As stated in another thread- Well Done! Few things before I post any information:

• Please adhere to the warning posted by Mecca.
    • My results may not be yours- whether better or worse. So, DON'T blame the hybrid instead of the man in the mirror.
    Ok, with that said, I am a hybrid junkie. Back in the day, I tried to create one for my 8310 and my 8100. Had a host of issues, bricked my BBs, and learned how to bring them back from the dead. At any rate, I've been hooked on updating and/or upgrading my OS from Day 1 and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Gamma Prime is turning out to be one of the "best" hybrids for the 9810- bar none. From my initial installation, no hiccups(error messages), reboot time was above average for me. Browser is very responsive when rendering the pages. No lag time for me. As usual, I'm getting great battery numbers and excellent browser numbers as well:

After Day 1:

Almost a week:

Browser Speed w/ WIFI off:

Again, this is an excellent hybrid. No issues with the phone or volume- including the speakerphone(on conference call last night).

So, take the time to install and enjoy!! Mecca, thanks again for all that you do. Right now, I could care less about BB10s when it's not available and I'm enjoying the h*ll out of my 9810- one of the best and most underrated BlackBerries of all time. Hope this helps.
    Mecca EL, peteygrizz and swiftex like this.
    06-01-12 09:03 AM
    Mecca,

You're far from stupid, bro. You're one of the few opinions I value on this site.

Renaming the authentic .402 to whatever will allow GP's folder to be recognized by DM/Loader. Everything, including sfi, is in Gamma Prime. No more cutting and pasting hybrids from me. Just install the folder to the correct location, rename for recognition, and hit "play"
    tsells and hamsterwheel like this.
    06-01-12 09:13 AM
    As stated in another thread- Well Done! Few things before I post any information:

• Please adhere to the warning posted by Mecca.
    • My results may not be yours- whether better or worse. So, DON'T blame the hybrid instead of the man in the mirror.
    Ok, with that said, I am a hybrid junkie. Back in the day, I tried to create one for my 8310 and my 8100. Had a host of issues, bricked my BBs, and learned how to bring them back from the dead. At any rate, I've been hooked on updating and/or upgrading my OS from Day 1 and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Gamma Prime is turning out to be one of the "best" hybrids for the 9810- bar none. From my initial installation, no hiccups(error messages), reboot time was above average for me. Browser is very responsive when rendering the pages. No lag time for me. As usual, I'm getting great battery numbers and excellent browser numbers as well:

After Day 1:

Almost a week:

Browser Speed w/ WIFI off:

Again, this is an excellent hybrid. No issues with the phone or volume- including the speakerphone(on conference call last night).

So, take the time to install and enjoy!! Mecca, thanks again for all that you do. Right now, I could care less about BB10s when it's not available and I'm enjoying the h*ll out of my 9810- one of the best and most underrated BlackBerries of all time. Hope this helps.
    You know what burns my turkey bacon??? How everyone gets better results than me!!!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-01-12 09:16 AM
    Hey Mecca,

Thanks for all the time and work you put into these... I, too, am a leak and hybrid junkie and have been a huge fan going back to your first 7.1 leak. I'm VERY excited about trying this out later today.

One quick question.... do you know if ATT Hotspot works on this build? I'm gonna install regardless, because I don't use Hotspot too often. Its just nice to know its there if I need to hook up my laptop.

Thanks again!!!!!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-01-12 09:26 AM
    Hey Mecca,

Thanks for all the time and work you put into these... I, too, am a leak and hybrid junkie and have been a huge fan going back to your first 7.1 leak. I'm VERY excited about trying this out later today.

One quick question.... do you know if ATT Hotspot works on this build? I'm gonna install regardless, because I don't use Hotspot too often. Its just nice to know its there if I need to hook up my laptop.

Thanks again!!!!!
    Thanks alot!!! Alot of the elder hybrid builders have been a huge help in my learning process.

Ummmm...since I'm only a new ATT customer, from last Aug, I'm on the new tiered plan - I pay for hotspot. Hopefully one of the ATT long timers can answer this???
    06-01-12 09:30 AM
    You're far from stupid, bro. You're one of the few opinions I value on this site.

Renaming the authentic .402 to whatever will allow GP's folder to be recognized by DM/Loader. Everything, including sfi, is in Gamma Prime. No more cutting and pasting hybrids from me. Just install the folder to the correct location, rename for recognition, and hit "play"
    F A N T A S T I C .Thanks for clarifying and thanks for your work! Will load tonight and give a report back.
    06-01-12 09:44 AM
    Thanks alot!!! Alot of the elder hybrid builders have been a huge help in my learning process.

Ummmm...since I'm only a new ATT customer, from last Aug, I'm on the new tiered plan - I pay for hotspot. Hopefully one of the ATT long timers can answer this???
    I'm gonna install it a little bit later and if nobody else has reported by then, I'll post whether or not it works for those with grandfathered unlimited plans.

EDIT------- Just installed (with no problems) and Hotspot is a no go for me... requires activation. Oh well, too bad. I'm gonna stick with this build for a little while just to soak in the awesomeness of Mecca and his hybrids.
    Last edited by marcho11; 06-01-12 at 12:18 PM.
    06-01-12 11:19 AM
    I'm gonna install it a little bit later and if nobody else has reported by then, I'll post whether or not it works for those with grandfathered unlimited plans.

EDIT------- Just installed (with no problems) and Hotspot is a no go for me... requires activation. Oh well, too bad. I'm gonna stick with this build for a little while just to soak in the awesomeness of Mecca and his hybrids.
    My apologies. I'm on one of the "grandfathered" plans:

06-01-12 12:55 PM
    Just loaded this hybrid. This was certainly the easiest hybrid ever to load. Everything went just fine and we'll see how it performs!
    Mecca, thanks for making it so simple.
    06-01-12 03:38 PM
    So - I have been running Gamma Prime for about one week - this is without a doubt the smoothest OS I have run to date.

Battery discharge rate seems to be a tad better than Beta Prime (which was already pretty darn good) - but the overall smoothness and speed of all things UI is a marked improvement over Beta Prime.

I have also noticed that GPS lock is much faster (both for AT&T Navigator and Poynt) than I have ever experienced with my 9810.

Also - I run ShortcutMe - have several cascaded and multi-step shortcuts that I use several times a day. I have noticed a much faster execution speed when using these shortcuts with Gamma than ever before.

As I stated a few days ago in the Beta Prime thread about Gamma - did not think that there could be much improvement over Beta Prime - Gamma proves me wrong and once again Mecca has outdone himself.

Thanks, Mecca - another killer build to your credit!!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-01-12 06:33 PM
    Updating my wife's 9810. LOL. Last update was .258. I 'm sure she won't mind. .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 on Meccas' "Gamma Prime" Hybrid OS using Tapatalk (*_~)
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-01-12 08:31 PM
    Time for me to give this a go Thanks, my friend
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-02-12 07:28 AM
    As usual, updated......and of course, no issues whatsoever. Another satisfied customer.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 on Meccas' "Gamma Prime" Hybrid OS using Tapatalk (*_~)
    06-02-12 11:02 AM
    Been using Gamma Prime since yesterday afternoon. Battery usage was 3.1%/hr yesterday and it is 3.6%/hr today (with a lot of calls this AM).
    All seems perfect on this OS.
    Last edited by tsells; 06-02-12 at 11:37 AM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-02-12 11:19 AM
    We have a winner! So far the battery life appears to be the best yet. The graphics are extremely fluid and GPS is locking on almost instantly where as on .342, .378, and. 391 it was taking several minutes.

The first call I made after install I had the mic muting issue that was a problem for me on .402, but this went away after a battery pull and has not returned. .402 was completely unusable for me because of this.

Thanks for another great hybrid,Mecca!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-02-12 11:37 AM
    I replaced the .sfi radio file (I guess the one of .402) included in this hybrid with .sfi radio file of another version since .402 radio file is not compatible with Japanese input system. However, when I loaded the hybrid, it always gave "App Error 602". I tried with various radio files older than.402 but no luck. I also tried both with/without OS-shrink.

I'd be happy if anybody could provide a workaround for this matter. I really wanna try this hybrid!
    06-02-12 01:43 PM
    Damn, looks like I spoke too soon. During a round of calls this afternoon my mic muted itself again and no one could hear me, even continued after rebooting this time. Guess I'll be downgrading again. Looks like I need to steer clear of anything having to do with .402
    06-02-12 04:59 PM
    Damn, looks like I spoke too soon. During a round of calls this afternoon my mic muted itself again and no one could hear me, even continued after rebooting this time. Guess I'll be downgrading again. Looks like I need to steer clear of anything having to do with .402
    That's really strange, as I am on AT&T and have no mic problems on this one or on the full .402 build. But I know others on this device and the 9900 have had some mic issues with .402.
    06-02-12 05:23 PM
    That's really strange, as I am on AT&T and have no mic problems on this one or on the full .402 build. But I know others on this device and the 9900 have had some mic issues with .402.
    Yeah it's very annoying. I was already through this with .402 and did several wipe/reinstalls then and tried deleting a few suspect apps but the issue remained. Maybe it is something regionally with AT$T network is all I can think of now. Guess I'll have to wait it out for OMEGA PRIME
    06-02-12 05:28 PM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD