So I have had the storm 2 for almost a year now, and the original storm when it came out before that. Im 50/50 on it right now, everyone is amazed that I have one let alone always ask what my phone is when they see it (cant tell if its amazement or wondering why I still have one). But anyways, I would love to stick to Blackberry for the next year or so because I am used to its interface, push email, etc. Plus that Allerta bluetooth digital watch is amazing and I might get it soon. Trouble is, nothing exciting for verizon blackberries running OS6 except maybe the 9650 is available in the *near* future. I would love if the torch found its way over. But for now Im stuck with lagging text inputs, not terribly fast OS like androids, freezing glitches, etc. I am considering the droid X later, but again, Im used to BB and the cool watch too! Anyway, I wanted to know if you guys out there had any inside on BB OS6 future for big red, should I wait, or switch over to the robot??
    01-10-11 10:56 AM
    Well, first off, you need to go with the device that will best suit YOUR NEEDS. Make a list of pros/cons for yourself (best suggestion 'the sandman' gave me) and weigh out your differences I upgraded in Dec from the Curve8330 to the Bold 9650 and love it- I'm patient enough to wait for Vzw to release OS6 when ready, although there are leaks avail if your interested in upgrading & installing them. Venture to the Bold 9650 forum and read up on some stuff, see what you come across for your needs that the device has to offer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 11:02 AM
    You have a good point. Making the list DOES help. I realized that among phone speed, screen resolution, and carrier network speed/reliability; messaging (text and email) and the push email function are my top functions. I never got into the physical keyboard blackberries because of my large thumbs so the storm was the good choice. both my parents have droid incredibles and they excel in the aforementioned functions very well which is why I was looking towards that market direction. Since my upgrade is a bit away, I can wait and give BB a chance to come out with something good before I research my next Droid model
    01-11-11 07:32 AM
    You have a good point. Making the list DOES help. I realized that among phone speed, screen resolution, and carrier network speed/reliability; messaging (text and email) and the push email function are my top functions. I never got into the physical keyboard blackberries because of my large thumbs so the storm was the good choice. both my parents have droid incredibles and they excel in the aforementioned functions very well which is why I was looking towards that market direction. Since my upgrade is a bit away, I can wait and give BB a chance to come out with something good before I research my next Droid model
    great! I'm glad I was able to share my .02cents with you and help out!
    01-11-11 07:48 AM
    Doubt it'll be running OS 6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 08:00 AM
    I just had another thought. I just checked and the data usage on my phone is barely reaching 6mb of its 150mb allowance, a good thing due to BB's email servers and such. However before I wanted to switch to an android for speed while the next big BB comes out for a bit, it occurred to me that android users need to have an unlimited data plan (for VZW) because it gobbles up online data every time you get an email. I dont want to pay another $15 per month just for that. boo. ill stick to the comfortable bb interface, cant say im not somewhat relieved :P
    01-13-11 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD