Giving the 9900 version a go.

the Link seems to work ok.
    03-17-12 04:00 PM
    I have always found the 2G/3G setting to be heavy on battery.

Seems that searching for the best signal between 3G and 2G works the phone harder than having a realtively weak 3G signal.
    Damn true.. been testing the 3G/2G vs only 3G & only 2G for the last couple of days. An either 3G OR 2G network as opposed to the 3G and 2G networks seems to work easier on the battery.. also agree a weak 3G signal drains less life off the battery.

Hopefully, this behaviour improves with later versions...
    03-19-12 06:12 AM
    I am also waiting .284 for 9860. Interesting to see Mervinking's signature "Sent from my Blackberry 10 device"!
    03-19-12 06:58 AM
    Q: Is there a significant difference overall--enough to warrant the pain of upgrading--between 284 and 190? (I've skipped the intervening ones.)

From what I think I'm hearing here, the battery life is improved, you can make wi-fi calls (on AT&T??), and the mobile hotspot works without changing from the legacy unlimited plan on AT&T.

Can someone using 284 on AT&T with a legacy unlimited data plan confirm all of these? If true, then I would say that it is worth the upgrade.

Thanks.
    I have 7.1.0.267 and it is a significant OS improvement compared to .190. I will not upgrade to this version from .267. Since you are on .190, I think you should upgrade to this version for improved OS performance.
    -------
    Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900 using webkit
    web
    03-19-12 09:15 AM
    funny when folks say the "pain of upgrading". installing a program, deleting 2 vendor files and running apploader......SO PAINFUL.
    03-19-12 10:31 AM
    funny when folks say the "pain of upgrading". installing a program, deleting 2 vendor files and running apploader......SO PAINFUL.
    Sometimes the calender entries won't load properly during restore process. Things like this could creates pain.
    -------
    Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900 using webkit
    web
    03-19-12 12:42 PM
    Yeah. I see this comment for each upgrade. LOL. It's only an option. Not everyone has to upgrade.
    03-19-12 12:47 PM
    Why haven't the crackberry team posted this OS leak on the front page of the site? The leak is not significant enough compared to the previous leak 7.1.0.267?
    03-19-12 01:42 PM
    Why haven't the crackberry team posted this OS leak on the front page of the site? The leak is not significant enough compared to the previous leak 7.1.0.267?
    It's official, not a leak... and it's already been posted http://crackberry.com/t-mobile-black...-now-available
    03-19-12 02:19 PM
    can someone try sending a text while on a phone call? previous versions of 7.1 "freezes" the phone when you do that. the sound is gone from the call and you can't hang up on the call. the only fix is to disable the network, and re-enable (or battery pull)

thanks!
    03-19-12 03:31 PM
    No, the pain is not in the install itself. That's a cinch. The pain is in re-registering and/or re-initializing much of the third party software, especially the older stuff not purchased through BB World, and having to re-enter serial numbers in some of them.

If you have nothing but RIM and BB World programs, and not very many of them, then, no, you won't be inconvenienced.
    cooliosam likes this.
    03-19-12 03:35 PM
    Hi,

Can anyone kindly update me if this build has "CHINESE INPUT"?

Thank you.
    03-20-12 06:48 AM
    Q: Is there a significant difference overall--enough to warrant the pain of upgrading--between 284 and 190? (I've skipped the intervening ones.)

From what I think I'm hearing here, the battery life is improved, you can make wi-fi calls (on AT&T??), and the mobile hotspot works without changing from the legacy unlimited plan on AT&T.

Can someone using 284 on AT&T with a legacy unlimited data plan confirm all of these? If true, then I would say that it is worth the upgrade.

Thanks.
    Ive been wondering the same thing. I just installed the OSBB Alpha Prime hybrid over .284 and love the overall performance of it. If i can get the hotspot w/ my legacy unlimited w/o incurring charges, I'll be in playbook heaven
    03-20-12 11:13 PM
    This is way better then .190. Which was starting to get a little bit of lag. Now I've been using it for a couple of hours and it feels like its brand new.

-CK Goggles
    03-21-12 10:54 AM
    This is way better then .190. Which was starting to get a little bit of lag. Now I've been using it for a couple of hours and it feels like its brand new.

-CK Goggles
    Could you explain this (about 190 developing a little bit of lag)? Does that happen to all OSs after a while?

On a more general note, all that I've been reading suggests that 284 has problems with the touch screen and 342 has other problems, and that the main, or perhaps only, advantage of 284 over the rest is that it may allow the wi-fi hotspot with AT&T without changing data plans.

I may have misunderstood some of this, but will boil it down to one question: If I'm using 190 now and am relatively happy with it, then other than the possible hotspot advantage what is the reason to switch to either 284 or 342, and if so, which one?
    03-23-12 08:44 AM
    Just loaded this on my 9810 last night. It's asking for activation on AT&T for hotspot.

I thought that 284 was suppose to work with unlimited data plan?

Can someone please advise. Thanks!
    03-23-12 10:42 PM
    Could you explain this (about 190 developing a little bit of lag)? Does that happen to all OSs after a while?

On a more general note, all that I've been reading suggests that 284 has problems with the touch screen and 342 has other problems, and that the main, or perhaps only, advantage of 284 over the rest is that it may allow the wi-fi hotspot with AT&T without changing data plans.

I may have misunderstood some of this, but will boil it down to one question: If I'm using 190 now and am relatively happy with it, then other than the possible hotspot advantage what is the reason to switch to either 284 or 342, and if so, which one?
    The newer versions from .258 and up also have DLNA/UPnP Media File Sharing which is pretty sweet. If this feature doesn't interest you and you are happy at .190 then there is probably no need to upgrade.

I had mobile hot spot working fine, without the tethering plan, on both .258 and .284. Whether or not it will work for you is pretty much solely determined by luck from what I have seen. It may be worth a shot....

UPDATE: I lost my mobile hotspot use when I upgraded to .342, but downgrading to .284 brought it back. Looks like I will be sticking with this for some time to come
    Last edited by peteygrizz; 03-24-12 at 01:02 AM.
    KenV54 likes this.
    03-24-12 12:57 AM
    Link to Official T Mobile download for 9900 in case anyone wants to use that version

DeviceDownloads
    03-24-12 10:38 AM
    Hello, I need quick installer for bb 9810 but not available, please post it
    05-17-12 12:22 AM
    Is .284 in general better than the .267? And I think we can use the official Tmobile OS as long as we delete the vendor files, right?

Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-23-12 07:51 AM
    .378 from Mobilicity works great with no issues on my 9810. Download/update/upgrade was a snap and battery life is awesome. IE: it's been running since 6am this morning when I unplugged it from charger and it's not 3:36pm PDT-and I still have 70% remaining and discharge rate is only 2% hr--including using media play for 90 mins at gym this morning/emails/messages and phone calls. The link is everywhere on here. Just a thought.
    05-23-12 05:38 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD