I've searched and can find no answer, so here's the question:

Right now, this is a hypothetical situation, but assuming I purchased a new Blackberry, but kept my old curve as a back up or alternate device. Is there anyway to forward messages sent to one PIN number or BBM to the other device. It would be inconvenient that anytime I wanted to switch devices for the day, that I would have to tell everyone which PIN to use for the day.

I hope this makes sense.
    09-09-09 10:13 PM
    Use the device switch wizard on desktop manager and it transfers everything for you. Your contacts wont even know you switched.
    09-09-09 10:38 PM
    Use the device switch wizard on desktop manager and it transfers everything for you. Your contacts wont even know you switched.
    Sweet. So it will even forward regular PIN messages?
    09-09-09 10:46 PM
    Yeah. it basically deactivates the associated PIN and replaces with the new active one. It works most of the time. Occasionally you will have a contact that you may have to re-invite, but not too often. I change phones often, (easy with SIM) and it changes my PIN in all my contacts phones without me having to do anything else. Very nice feature.
    09-09-09 10:52 PM
    Make sure after the device switch you go to email settings and log in to your new device so it can transfer your email info too. I noticed that after doing this I don't have that occasional re-invite.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 10:59 PM
    Cool...thank you.
    09-09-09 11:04 PM
    All that was said above is correct. This is the order you do it in:

-Use the device switch wizard
    -Now move your sim card into the other Blackberry
    -Login to your BIS or your e-mail settings icon and change the device PIN on
    your account
    -Enjoy

Any current conversations you're having will not be transferred to the new
    BB though.

Also, you need to do the device switch each time you switch because the
    phone needs new info to push the PIN update. So for example, if you simply
    switch the sim card to the other phone without having done a device switch
    on DM don't expect your PIN update to push to your contacts just because
    you switch the device on BIS. You need to do the device switch and then
    the device update.
    09-10-09 12:54 AM
    I just noticed you're on a CDMA carrier so there is no sim card. I think you are
    only allowed a device switch of up to 3 times in a billing cycle. Instead of
    switching sims, you would be switching ESN numbers on your account. You
    could probably do it on your online carrier account. Or if not, you have to call
    CS each time.

Consider switching ESN's the equivalent of switching sims in the scenario I
    posted above.
    09-10-09 12:57 AM
    The 3 time switching limit might only apply when switching between smarthphones with a data plan and a dumbphone. This is due to the crediting/prorating required which would complicate the billing if done frequently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD