Hi all,

I did a quick search and found nothing on this. My system font size is set to 7 with a custom font through Options -> Screen/Keyboard settings and that works fine everywhere except when reading email messages.

When I open a message the font is huge! I would guess 11-12. It's fine but looks very tacky and I can easily read much smaller font. I looked everywhere and could not find any setting that changes email font size or matches it to system font size.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance,

-Alex
    11-30-08 05:08 PM
    Dude I have the same issue. Searched and found nothing. Highliy annoying. Def has something to do with html email. If you change settings to plain text the size shrinks but it would be great if theres another workaround.
    11-30-08 05:35 PM
    A week and still no answer to this one? I just finally got my Storm yesterday and this problem is already driving me crazy!
    12-03-08 10:20 AM
    haven't seen any solutions. i was wondering the same thing.
    12-03-08 10:28 AM
    I have no way to test this as I do not have an HTML message on my phone - however I think the problem is the system does not set the font size for an HTML message - the code in the message does that. The email is probably optimized for a computer. if you went menu--> get plain text I would bet that it goes to the system size correct?
    12-03-08 10:28 AM
    I have no way to test this as I do not have an HTML message on my phone - however I think the problem is the system does not set the font size for an HTML message - the code in the message does that. The email is probably optimized for a computer. if you went menu--> get plain text I would bet that it goes to the system size correct?
    Well I sent a rich text format email to myself from my computer with different font sizes and they were ignored on my Storm.

This also doesn't seem to be an issue when recieving emails from a yahoo address
    12-03-08 12:17 PM
    Just got an HTML add . . . font was all custom to the email. . . clicked show as text and it went to my default font.
    12-03-08 12:26 PM
    I got the same issue. Is there any other way around this without having to do "Get Plain Text" this was never an issue with my Curve and HTML emails
    02-18-09 02:04 PM
    I am experiencing the same exact problem! Even when I choose get plain text, my email is blank. There is no text. I set the Email settings for HTML emails to NO. Let me see if that works.

It sucks because other emails from companies ING, Citibank, Crackberry notification, etc.. the font size is correct.
    06-26-09 09:58 AM
    Just sent a test email from my work computer and it came out fine.

3 people from gmail sent me an email and the font was all huge. Maybe it's a gmail setting?
    06-26-09 10:00 AM
    Count me in as part of the giant Gmail font club. Looks like it's only on my gmail account that it happens.
    06-26-09 05:59 PM
    Yup same here. Many emails come in regular font and then out of the blue I get one email which is HUGE. What I hate is that people look over my shoulder to read my mail! What is the matter with these people... liek you're on the train and these people have nothing better to do than to read your emails?
    06-26-09 09:51 PM
    Very annoying. Can't wait for a solution to this. I like to receive HTML emails for sure but this only happens with Gmail addresses.
    07-07-09 10:02 AM
    I'm getting it with both Gmail and Yahoo addresses. Wasn't an issue on my 8830 running 4.2.2.196, but my Tour running 4.7.1.40 is giving me jumbo-font.
    07-21-09 10:50 AM
    This is a known issue with Gmail. If the email is not HTML-formatted then it will appear in huge text. Most emails that are sent from clients like MS Outlook will be HTML formatted so they will look fine. Most emails sent from Gmail.com will not be HTML formatted by default.
    07-21-09 10:55 AM
    I'm having this issue with the tour and it's very annoying. Did anyone find a fix for it with previous phones? Thanks.
    07-26-09 10:10 AM
    Just found this thread, and noticed this too. Never EVER happened on my Curve, and Gmail is my main account...
    did something with google change recently?
    07-27-09 08:56 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. Never happened on my 8330 and now my Tour is giving me emails from gmail accounts and businesses in super large font. It will go to normal when i hit menu, get plain text. Somebody needs to solve this mystery
    07-29-09 01:20 AM
    Count me in with the Gmail issue....Someone has got to have a solution...RIM?
    07-29-09 07:44 AM
    Any solution yet? Hate feeling like an old man when I open emails =(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 07:54 PM
    I am having this problem with our Google-hosted domain email accounts. Has anyone found a solution yet?
    11-29-09 07:55 PM
    Someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this!!!!!!!!
    12-09-09 08:24 AM
    I have a 9650 Bold thru US Cellular. I was running whatever os5.0... Upgraded to 6.0 yesterday and all of a sudden I seem to be the victim of HUGE font emails... Didn't happen before and I do not think it is a gmail or yahoo issue. Has anyone discovered a workaround besides the plain text option?
    03-26-11 09:26 AM
    I have a 9650 Bold thru US Cellular. I was running whatever os5.0... Upgraded to 6.0 yesterday and all of a sudden I seem to be the victim of HUGE font emails... Didn't happen before and I do not think it is a gmail or yahoo issue. Has anyone discovered a workaround besides the plain text option?
    I have this problem on an OS6 Torch 9800 - as long as I set my system font to the default (using the Restore Defaults button) and then up the size just a notch, I am find. The minute I go to any other font in the pick list, the fonts in all my emails go huge. Not from any one source - all of them! This is clearly not a new issue, I wonder why it's ok until I change the default font.
    04-19-12 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD