Hi,
    I've downloaded and installed the leaked release of OS5. It has been over 3 days and I can say that it is a lot better. I think what makes people like 9700 is actually OS5. It is generally faster and it has a browser which renders faster than before. I can go longer with a fully charged battery. In OS4, a full battery was going for 1 days of heavy usage but with OS5 battery life is much longer.

Feel free to comment.
    Thanks.
    01-05-10 11:29 AM
    how much longer is the battery life in OS5?
    01-05-10 11:45 AM
    how much longer is the battery life in OS5?
    It has been 1,5 days and still it is over %70 percent.
    01-05-10 11:51 AM
    I would love to download the OS5, but new to the crackberry family and a bit scared. I have just upgraded the 4.6 a few days ago, but on reading all the posts the OS5 sounds great.
    01-05-10 11:54 AM
    It has been 1,5 days and still it is over %70 percent.
    try this first... ALT+Cap+H... then click the trackball twice to close...
    then reopen...
    does it still say 70%?

there is a problem where unless u close properly and reopen the % of battery life does not change.. even after charge, unless u do this.

70% after 1.5 days too good to be true... unless its not being used...
    im on 4.6... doing texting and BBM fairly frequently.. no phone calls or internet/wifi and im at 75% after turning phone on at about 7am.

if its so, im 5.0'ing immediately even if i am rogers.
    01-05-10 12:16 PM
    try this first... ALT+Cap+H... then click the trackball twice to close...
    then reopen...
    does it still say 70%?

there is a problem where unless u close properly and reopen the % of battery life does not change.. even after charge, unless u do this.

70% after 1.5 days too good to be true... unless its not being used...
    im on 4.6... doing texting and BBM fairly frequently.. no phone calls or internet/wifi and im at 75% after turning phone on at about 7am.

if its so, im 5.0'ing immediately even if i am rogers.
    It is now 60%, not much changed. Still pretty good.
    01-05-10 12:38 PM
    i downloaded this yesterday and now im downgrading back to 4.6.0.304
    why? yeah sure everything is faster, but my MB dropped from 48 to 29, camera options dont work, opera mini 4.2 is non functional, themes are quite buggy, vvm is not there...not for me. i'll wait for the next one
    Last edited by zachkiRo; 01-05-10 at 12:53 PM.
    01-05-10 12:42 PM
    60% is still pretty rediculously high...
    i might make the switch!
    01-05-10 01:02 PM
    Battery is definitely a lot better in 5.0, I've had it for a month now and I can definitely vouch for OP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 05:37 PM
    I got the leaked version of .411. Anyone know of a free app that has facebook chat that will work? I tried nimbizz but it won't sign in and palringo won't even open. Did rester and battery pull.

01-05-10 05:52 PM
    i downloaded this yesterday and now im downgrading back to 4.6.0.304
    why? yeah sure everything is faster, but my MB dropped from 48 to 29, camera options dont work, opera mini 4.2 is non functional, themes are quite buggy, vvm is not there...not for me. i'll wait for the next one
    There are fixes and workarounds for everything you mentioned. 5.0 compatible version of Opera, the camera functions still work from the menu key, VVM can be added in about 5 minutes, OS 5 with 29 MB free runs better than 4.6 did with 48 MB free, etc. You're right, you DO have to use 5.0 compatible themes, but that's not going to change with future releases. Whenever you decide to stick to 5.0, you're gonna have to start using 5.0 themes.

01-05-10 06:32 PM
    I can't't wait to update!

01-05-10 06:38 PM
    There are fixes and workarounds for everything you mentioned. 5.0 compatible version of Opera, the camera functions still work from the menu key, VVM can be added in about 5 minutes, OS 5 with 29 MB free runs better than 4.6 did with 48 MB free, etc. You're right, you DO have to use 5.0 compatible themes, but that's not going to change with future releases. Whenever you decide to stick to 5.0, you're gonna have to start using 5.0 themes.

Can you share all the fixes to 5.0 and step by step instructions ?

01-05-10 06:44 PM
    Can you share all the fixes to 5.0 and step by step instructions ?

Well, the camera thing's not a fix you have to apply, you just use the menu key instead of the 3 broken icons. You just uninstall apps that aren't working and go download the latest versions to make them 5.0 compatible. There are VERY few apps which don't support 5.0 by now. VVM can be taken from other OS builds and dropped onto your phone using BBSAK, you might have to do an "att browser fix" (search the forums for those three words ) if your Internet Browser is missing, if you have SMS errors, you can drop the net_rime_bb_sms_compose.cod file from an earlier version into this OS, etc. I can't go into too much detail now from my phone, but do yourself a favor and go into the beta forums. Many of us have been using this version for over a month now. We've documented all the fixes many times over in the beta threads, and many people have even posted the files from other OSes so you don't need to download the other beta OSes just for a couple of files.

01-05-10 06:58 PM
    My first impression was BAD!

Constantly rebooting at the slightest thing such as clicking send on an SMS.

AND! It started going into a reboot loop, I had to connect it to my computer to bring it back to life.

However... it appears to calm now.
    01-05-10 07:24 PM
    WOW!! Is all I have to say about 5.0.

The browser is amazing.. the first site I checked was autotrader.com. The 4.6 browser ALWAYS struggled with this site. 5.0 chews it up and spits it out. Plus, the threaded messaging is awesome.

I used the AT&T browser fix but didn't bother fixing VVM since I use Youmail. Great update!!!
    01-05-10 09:23 PM
    I would love to download the OS5, but new to the crackberry family and a bit scared. I have just upgraded the 4.6 a few days ago, but on reading all the posts the OS5 sounds great.
    Dont be scared..... Im lovin my 5.0.x.x OS's!! Im sure you will too!!!!
    01-05-10 09:36 PM

I did a few searches and found the fixes for the browser and VVM. My favorite themes already had a 5.0 version, so those were not an issue either.

I love the threaded SMS! It reminds me of a chat, like BBM or Yahoo Messenger.

BBM runs a lot better too, with less lag.

The browser is really fast.

I even like the CrackBerry Forums mobile version better with the new 5.0 OS on my Berry.
    01-05-10 10:20 PM
    everything is so much faster. browser is at least four times as fast on websites. I dont understand how thats possible. also nice is whe nyou boot up you can see a progress bar instead of wondering how many years arre left.
    01-06-10 12:41 AM
    Guys is there a Multilanguage Version available already somewhere?
    01-06-10 12:51 AM
    Been running 5.0.0.411 on my wife's 9000 for a few weeks now and it's been perfect.

01-06-10 12:59 AM
    I'm still waiting for the official release. I'm too scared to try to install an unofficial leak.
    01-06-10 01:01 AM
    But it is official?!
    01-06-10 01:03 AM
    Btw the Bold is not syncing with the DM anymore after the update?!
    01-06-10 03:59 AM
    I'm still waiting for the official release. I'm too scared to try to install an unofficial leak.
    But it is official?!
    It is official. http://crackberry.com/official-black...-bell-mobility
    01-06-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD