Saw that skyfire is in beta for windows mobile so maybe it won't be long for the blackberry....One can only hope
    12-10-09 06:40 PM
    Mozilla has stated this before.

"The Blackberry platform isn't fast or stable enough."

I'm not sure about the stable part being part of it but that's what I remember reading from them on Firefox Mobile. So RIM if you're listening make with the future tech already and get like 400 gigs of ram in your phones lol. Don't have the pic of that so take this one instead haha.

12-10-09 06:43 PM
    Saw that skyfire is in beta for windows mobile so maybe it won't be long for the blackberry....One can only hope
    Skyfire has been around for a couple years now. Its not looking like they will drop a browser anytime soon. I personally never cared much for skyfire. The resolution was poor and the scrolling was not smooth. But it was the only true desktop mobile browser.
    12-10-09 09:40 PM
    FF for my Storm2 has me wild! I want it now!
    12-11-09 02:44 AM
    Skyfire was fun, but buggy on my ol win treo. I'm fine with the bb browser because it handles links better than opera or bolt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 08:43 AM
    Lets move this to News & Rumors.
    12-11-09 08:49 AM
    I too read somewhere that the Firefox mobile browser, "Ferenc", wouldn't be coming to the Blackberry. I think I remember something about it being for Maemo based devices (Nokia?)... Too many holes in my memory from a misspent youth I guess!
    Last edited by Valjean1962; 12-11-09 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Gratuitous use of excessive "smileys"
    12-11-09 09:15 AM
    used Firefox on the PC/MAC for a few years now, would love to see it arrive on the BB

Thanks for the news
    12-11-09 11:00 AM
    Firefox mobile (I believe its called Fennec) won't be coming to BB, at least not yet anyways. Its not a hardware thing or a stability thing either. It all boils down to the Java development environment RIM provides. There is nothing wrong with Java in and of itself. Its a great language to develop in (very easy) and its very secure. However Java is not as fast at some things (why the current BB browser sucks). But the biggest factor would be that the firefox rendering engine (Gecko) is C++. Its not worth the time & effort to port it to Java.
    12-11-09 09:20 PM
    A big fan of FF...hope it comes soon.
    12-14-09 10:05 PM
    *yawn* Ill see it when things are leaked. Until then, all we are doing is trying to feed a dead horse.

12-15-09 12:19 AM
    *yawn* Ill see it when things are leaked. Until then, all we are doing is trying to feed a dead horse.

12-15-09 12:39 AM
    Nice find. I will be tuned for this. I as well love ff.

12-16-09 05:49 PM
    i just checked mozilla.com/m and it is available for two nokia phones only at this time,

12-20-09 06:27 PM
    go google chrome browser! that would be awesome on phones!
    12-20-09 11:33 PM
    All this sounds very promising.
    12-20-09 11:41 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD