Update: Shortcut keys do work, its just that F for profiles isn't valid anymore. Wonder why they removed that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    removed R for alarm too... kind of annoying. plus you still have K for lock and the added holding down the * for lock too. holding down # switches to vibrate which is pretty cool
    10-03-09 11:42 AM
    Is this something that's been discussed in the forums before?
    Any more background you can provide?

I don't really get what you're asking for here. I tried the fix that you quoted about and it didn't work for my VZW 8330. What more background are you asking for?

10-03-09 01:12 PM
    I don't really get what you're asking for here. I tried the fix that you quoted about and it didn't work for my VZW 8330. What more background are you asking for?

Ok, I get it now. Initially, you said verizons 8330, instead of MY vzw 8330. I thought you were were speaking of ALL vzw 8330's. My bad.

10-03-09 03:22 PM
    It appears in OS 5.0 whenever you plug in the berry it thinks you plugged it into a computer and attempts to go into mass media mode (even when you put it on a charging pod)... this causes my ringtones to not work and there is no backup sms ringtone apperently so it doesnt make a sound.. anyone know a way to fix it so it doesnt always think it is plugged into a computer?
    10-03-09 07:53 PM
    Can anyone do an OTA of the 8350 theme fix? (Or know if it can be done OTA?)

10-03-09 08:11 PM
    Anyone having issues with the OS 5 hybrid and Qiickpull?

10-03-09 08:26 PM
    Anyone having issues with the OS 5 hybrid and Qiickpull?

I had QP Pro and never got it to work. I just use Alt (left), Shift (right), Del (right) to reboot. Seems to work fine.
    10-03-09 08:31 PM
    Curve 8330: 5.0.0.230 (Shrunk using Shink-A-OS)

My findings:

- Recorded a video using Video Recorder. When trying to play back said file, it rebooted my device. This has happened every time I have tried it.

- Open Contacts. Click on a contacts name. Press the Blackberry Button, select SMS 'Contact'. It will bring up the threaded SMS program but there is no space for you to type your message.

- Blackberry Maps. I tried to find my location via GPS. When 'searching for satellites', a minute passes and a white screen appears which states: "App Error 539". It has a reset link under the error message and that is my only choice, to reset my device.

- Chirp sound during phone calls. It has only happened once since I have had my Blackberry and it was with this OS.

- The 3G indicator seems erratic at times.

Those are the "bugs" that jump out at me right now. I'm sure I will edit this post with others as I remember them.

On a side note: So far, I think this OS is great. I look forward to more in the future.
    10-04-09 12:01 AM
    Curve 8330: 5.0.0.230 (Shrunk using Shink-A-OS)

My findings:

- Recorded a video using Video Recorder. When trying to play back said file, it rebooted my device. This has happened every time I have tried it.

- Open Contacts. Click on a contacts name. Press the Blackberry Button, select SMS 'Contact'. It will bring up the threaded SMS program but there is no space for you to type your message.

- Blackberry Maps. I tried to find my location via GPS. When 'searching for satellites', a minute passes and a white screen appears which states: "App Error 539". It has a reset link under the error message and that is my only choice, to reset my device.

- Chirp sound during phone calls. It has only happened once since I have had my Blackberry and it was with this OS.

- The 3G indicator seems erratic at times.

Those are the "bugs" that jump out at me right now. I'm sure I will edit this post with others as I remember them.

On a side note: So far, I think this OS is great. I look forward to more in the future.
    I too get the chirp in a call. It seems to me it's happening when I'm getting a call waiting notification. Is it the same for you?
    10-04-09 12:02 AM
    As I said, it has only happened once since I've had my Blackberry. I THINK it did happen when I got a call waiting notification. I will try and test this out tomorrow. Good observation.
    10-04-09 12:16 AM
    I don't make too many phone calls but while on the phone today for about a 3-4 min conversation, I didn't hear it at all but then while placing a call, I got it while the phone was ringing. Seems off and on but we'll see how it goes next week when I might be making more calls. But so far, only heard it once.
    10-04-09 12:29 AM
    I was on a ~20 minute call and heard it 2-3 times. It was only because of this discussion on CB that I knew what it was.
    10-04-09 07:56 AM
    So after the upgrade, it wouldn't connect at all, or it would connect but there was no audio?

Also, can you post a link to the fix/hack you referred to?

At first with the .230 firmware, it would automatically connect to my previous paring with my car deck. When it connected, there was no audio. I couldn't "right" click on it in bluetooth options - so I couldn't manually connect, change options, or even delete the pairing. And whenever I tried to search for a new device, some error saying "reconnection in progress, try again later" would come up.

I updated to the hybrid .230/.238, and I could now search for and add new devices. After that, I managed to just delete the pairing, re-pair it to the deck, and it works now.

I'm having an issue now where the phone will just randomly reboot. Anyone else having this?
    10-04-09 01:01 PM
    How much free memory do you have on average?
    10-04-09 02:17 PM
    Updated the first 3 posts.
    . Added a list of third party apps (what works, what doesn't).
    . Started on a list of new features available with 4.5.
    . Added some new links to hybrid O/S's.
    10-04-09 10:24 PM
    4 Outstanding Issues!
    Network Symbol:
    Can anyone confirm that the 3G or 1XEV displayed on the homescreen is determined by your carriers network? (More specifically, their marketing dept. Lol) It seems to be for verizon branded devices only so far.
    I am pretty sure that is a verizon thing and that is if you did not remove the vendor file. As i am on Sprint and removed the vendor file and don't see it i think this may be the case.
    10-04-09 11:05 PM
    Can anyone else confirm that when they receive a BlackBerry Messenger picture (or send I think, too) that they receive weird java errors.

I do, and shortly after that the phone resets randomly.
    10-05-09 12:01 AM
    Can anyone else confirm that when they receive a BlackBerry Messenger picture (or send I think, too) that they receive weird java errors.

I do, and shortly after that the phone resets randomly.
    I just tried it, no error msg, no reboot.

10-05-09 12:13 AM
    I can confirm that on my Verizon 8330 that the 3G symbol shows instead of 1XEV

10-05-09 06:23 AM
    I can confirm that on my Verizon 8330 that the 3G symbol shows instead of 1XEV

10-05-09 06:27 AM
    Can anyone tell me where the setting is so that when im charging my BB at night the backlight turns off?
    10-05-09 07:09 AM
    Can anyone tell me where the setting is so that when im charging my BB at night the backlight turns off?

It's in the clock/alarm options. You have to change the "bedside mode" setting to "Do Nothing"
    10-05-09 07:17 AM

I'm having an issue now where the phone will just randomly reboot. Anyone else having this?
    Yep, random reboots here too. It's moderately annoying, and I think if it does it to me today, it's back to 4.5 for me until an official 5.0 is released.
    10-05-09 07:19 AM
    Any chance anyone can put up an OTA for the Precision theme. I can't get the hybrid install to work
    10-05-09 07:32 AM
    I just tried it, no error msg, no reboot.

Are you running .230 or the .230/238 hybrid?
    10-05-09 09:02 AM
167 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD