Has anyone found a fix for the Gmail icon?
    10-01-09 03:29 PM
    I cant get the precision theme installed...I followed the directions but keep getting an error...

any ideas?...
    10-01-09 04:58 PM
    Idk, I was having a little trouble at first. I opened the os java folder and addon java folder and just moved the precision folder to the end of the java list. Then installed with no issue when I moved the whole java folder it wouldn't update even thru apploader. Hope that helps.
    10-01-09 07:41 PM
    Problems I had (downgraded to 4.5 because they annoyed me so much)

1. Quick Pull not working
    2. App World wouldn't connect
    3. Memory leak (after a pull I'd have 21 mbs free, within 2-3 hours, it would be down to 9 mbs free. This problem actually convinced me to go back to 4.5 for now).
    4. The N12009 across current appointments in the Today theme was very annoying.

Once this thing has the bugs worked out I will download it again, but IMHO, threaded text and a different looking screen is not worth all this trouble right now.
    10-01-09 08:09 PM
    Folks, i am proud to report that my hybrid (see second link in my sig) after an entire day only has a memory leak of about 3mb.

edit: as in ive lost only 3mb i still have 34mb left :P
    Last edited by mrweeeedbirdman; 10-01-09 at 08:26 PM.
    10-01-09 08:16 PM
    Idk, I was having a little trouble at first. I opened the os java folder and addon java folder and just moved the precision folder to the end of the java list. Then installed with no issue when I moved the whole java folder it wouldn't update even thru apploader. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the reply...

I'll give that a shot...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 08:18 PM
    Memory leak?? Im down to 6 mps!! ouch
    10-01-09 08:19 PM
    Memory leak?? Im down to 6 mps!! ouch
    hehe, as in ive lost only 3mb i still have 34mb left :P
    10-01-09 08:25 PM
    Folks, i am proud to report that my hybrid (see second link in my sig) after an entire day only has a memory leak of about 3mb.

is your bluetooth working fine? connecting and everything?
    10-01-09 09:10 PM
    is your bluetooth working fine? connecting and everything?
    my bluetooth is working fine, and ya i'm noticing a memory leak but its not that bad.
    10-01-09 09:31 PM
    my bluetooth is working fine, and ya i'm noticing a memory leak but its not that bad.
    thanks mine is working fine too. i just check i couldnt find my bluetooth headset. to test it out. and just found it lol
    10-01-09 09:46 PM
    So far everything is working for me. Haven't tested bluetooth yet. Socialscope is working too.

EDIT: Apparently I can't connect with Facebook 1.6. Error says "Could not connect because a data service is not available." But I'm using Socialscope fine. I even closed SS and tried again. Same thing. Thoughts?

UPDATE: ok Facebook 1.6 is working now. Apparently it wasn't connecting last night but connected fine today! I'm G2G!
    Last edited by Ponderous; 10-02-09 at 11:22 AM.
    10-02-09 01:15 AM

did you already shrink that too? like take out all the unnecessary things of the OS?

i started out the day with around 32mbs and now i have 22mbs so that's a 10mb memory leak lol
    10-02-09 01:53 AM
    Updating post #3...

I will be making a list of third party apps this weekend. Please post what you have, what works and what doesn't.

Also, post anything new you've found about this o/s,
    Such as new features, enhancements, etc.
    Thanks.

10-02-09 05:53 AM
    Shrank OS ... and used the OP's install method. Works great. Thanks for the tip about the holster setting as well. some things are quite different and take some getting used to but all in all its great. The only thing ive noticed thats slow as H*** is when scrolling through rings/sounds.
    10-02-09 07:59 AM
    I just ran across that setting under Mail > Options > General Options.
    Still does not open the new message even with the "removing device from holster" setting.

Flycast gos to speaker even when the earphone is plugged in, does anyone have this issue with flycast or with any other radio app?
    10-02-09 09:08 AM
    I can echo the problem with the Today Screens, no matter what theme, that display messages on the home screen, have some weird text that overlays the message line with this:
    NI2009
    10-02-09 09:18 AM
    I am also on telus...I am having problems with Appworld and facebook...did you have any of these problems and find a fix?
    10-02-09 09:45 AM
    vlingo works fine.

the NI2009 will fix itself if you use a compatible theme (One made for a 4.6+ os). If you don't want to run plazmic and made your own, I'm sure one will be out soon for the 8330.
    Last edited by ryokox3; 10-02-09 at 10:24 AM. Reason: spelling
    10-02-09 10:23 AM
    One complaint... when i recieved a new text the little red thing is over the messages icon and the led blinks till i check it. but when i get a reply message and it starts a thread.... it just makes a noise and blinks the led once. no symbol over the messages icon and no blinking led. Is there a setting to change this?
    10-02-09 11:33 AM
    Did you shrink your OS or delete anything before loading to your BB?

If you did, what did you remove? Languages +?

nope..havent removed anything. just the straight install
    10-02-09 12:04 PM
    I'm running the leaked 5.0 with the 8520 hybrid patch. So far I have the following issues:

BBMaps cannot find satellites and dashboard does not show.

Shortcut keys, such as F for profiles, do not work.

Edit: Shortcut keys are fine, seems that F for profiles isn't available anymore.

Last edited by russnash; 10-03-09 at 10:59 AM.
    10-02-09 12:24 PM
    Check out this thread for themes that work well with .230

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/852...s5-0-a-325635/

I ran the 8520 precision theme, and then used Plazmic to create my own theme based on the 8500 series. It works great.
    10-02-09 01:01 PM
    3 Outstanding Issues!

Has anyone found a fix for BB Maps, AppWorld or Bluetooth?

BB Maps:
    Various reports of no dashboard, no maps, unable to connect to satellites.

AppWorld:
    (I tried this myself) after downloading the latest launcher, V. 1.1.0.119, when you try to run it the an error msg appears...
    "Unable to connect to server, please verify your network connection and try again".
    So, I went to Manage Connections, ran diagnostics and tried again. Rcvd the same error msg.

Bluetooth:
    Reports of being able to connect to devices, but no audio in earpiece.
    My BT has had 0 issues with a 1st gen Jawbone. Maybe try uninstalling, pulling batt., reinstalling, pulling batt. again, and then firing it up.

The appworld didn't show up as a button on my screen, but was loaded. It, for some reason, offered me archived backups of my two DLed apps based on my 4.5 restore point. Otherwise I can't launch it.

Meh on the BB map. I use GMaps and I have no GPS issues. Yelp, and the Google app can also accurately find my zip code.
    N
    10-02-09 01:21 PM
    Updating post #3...

I will be making a list of third party apps this weekend. Please post what you have, what works and what doesn't.

Also, post anything new you've found about this o/s,
    Such as new features, enhancements, etc.
    Thanks.

shrank then installed .230 and percision theme adder, several third party (most working) here's my list:

BIGTINCAN BUXXME 1.3.1.0 - WORKS GREAT
    BRIO CALORIE TRACKER 1.6 - WORKS GREAT
    CALORIE COUNT NUTRITION SEARCH 1.2 - WORKS GREAT
    CBLAUNCHER 2.0.3.5 - WORKS GREAT VERY FAST
    FLASHLIGHT 1.0.2.0 - WORKS GREAT
    FREETIPS 1.3 - WORKS FINE
    FLIXSTER MOVIES 1.0.0.0 - WORKS GREAT
    NOGAGO - PERSONAL NAV AND TRACK 0.1 - WORKS GREAT
    PACMAN 4.0 - LOVE IT
    QUICKULL - NOT WORKING ERROR READS "something went wrong aboting see device log for more details"
    WEATHEREYE 1.0.22.4 - WORKS GREAT
    BBM 4.7.0 - thrown by the down grade but WORKS GREAT
    FACEBOOK 1.6.0.22 - NOT WORKING....THEN WORKING (just prior to working had an uncaught exception re: duplicate contacts in addressbook, checked it out deleted a few duplicates *generated in outlook nobout* then retried..and bingo)

All in, I am really enjoy in the new OS holding strong at 22MB mem. and staying dry with very little leakage.

Thanks to everyone for these forums
    10-02-09 01:48 PM
167 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD