What's wrong with Adam he's one of the people who have nothing but support for the reliability of BB....Again I dont see why Americans looks forward to the day when there's just a two platform world...that is scary
    Dude made a choice. Doesn't define him, or make him less of a BlackBerry lover. it definitely does not mean he wants a "two-platform world."

Maybe his new device fits him and his job better at this time.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-17-12 08:53 PM

In saying all that, FB messaging isnt replacing or substituting for anything.. its a garbage means of communication
    How so? When I use mine it's typically when someone has sent me a PM (those come through as chat) or they're using FB on a computer and started a fb chat with me. Our messages get across instantly as if we're texting or using another IM platform like Yahoo, AIM, or BBM for that matter. How exactly is it a garbage means of communicating?
    05-17-12 09:23 PM
    Dude made a choice. Doesn't define him, or make him less of a BlackBerry lover. it definitely does not mean he wants a "two-platform world."

Maybe his new device fits him and his job better at this time.
    I wasnt saying he supported a two platform market, I was just making reference to another question I made earlier in this thread. And I was referring to a comment of me using Adam as a bad example..
    05-17-12 09:35 PM
    As many of us on this follow other tech sites and I for one read up on what zdnet.com has to say about the going on's in the tech world. But more and more I'm becoming irritated (would be putting it mildly) on how bias they are towards BB. For example they posted an article; the FB msger is the BBM killer. How can that remotely happen when not everyone uses FB, I for one haven�t been on it in over a year. To say you have a BBM killer you have to at least present a product that people from all walks of life would care to use. Contrary to perception not everyone tweets or FB.
    In the article's defense, not everyone uses a BlackBerry either. Facebook Messenger is cross platform and there's quite a few more Facebook users than there are BlackBerry users.
    05-17-12 09:45 PM
    What the helll? Why does one have to kill the other, I use both, BBM more than Facebook but I do use and need them both.

PS I'm sooo getting tired of the "I love blackberry but..." Attitude, there's always a but, you either love it or you don't
    roderickwill likes this.
    05-18-12 03:18 AM
    I for one am not logged into FB 24/7 but my BBM is. So for me FB is not a BBM killer at all.
    05-19-12 01:46 AM
    Fb messenger is just one of the many BBM killers, others include WhatsApp, Samsung's ChatOn etc. To have a single platform messenger at this point is just silly, especially for a platform with a shrinking market share.
    05-19-12 09:55 AM
    Fb messenger is just one of the many BBM killers, others include WhatsApp, Samsung's ChatOn etc. To have a single platform messenger at this point is just silly, especially for a platform with a shrinking market share.
    Funny that, BBM is still growing, they're reached 55 million BBM users this spring.

You are also ignoring that BlackBerry users can also use most other instant messengers, they don't replace BBM, they're complimenting it.

I use BBM, facebook and yahoo messenger. I haven't logged in to Gtalk and Windows Live in a long time.

BBM is an exclusive vip club for Blackberry users.
    05-19-12 11:13 AM
    BBM is still my main means of communication with immediate family, and coworkers. Facebook won't replace that. Also I don't necessarily want all of my facebook friends to be able to reach me at anytime.
    05-19-12 11:15 AM
    Want to get readership for your blog... p*** off an audience!

Flavour of the year is BlackBerry, and it's guaranteed to have the "I can't believe he said this" affect.

Just ignore those blogs, sign up for an rss field and start picking an choosing.

I've stopped reading wired since I did that as not a lot of content is worth reading over their...
    I Agree.
    to say it about BBM is not correct because fcaebook & skype are both many things killers and the topic is made just to drive audience
    05-19-12 11:43 AM
    all of the users that use BBM are on facebook as well.
    05-20-12 01:24 PM
    I have tried it and it definitely has potential to be a far more used option as almost everyone I know has Facebook.

However BBM is still the better, and its so much better, platform.

The only platform I found that I liked better was MSN messenger. I think its fantastic and definitely a chance for Microsoft to come into play with their Windows Phone platform. It doesn't do the "D" and "R" thing but aside from that I really like it and its better graphics. Plus you can log onto your computer and use it as well.
    05-20-12 08:57 PM
    I love the beauty of BBM exclusivness meaning, you dont have to wait for a person to log on to their yahoo or msn or skype to chat with them and the fact they can be in any country and you can communicate with them. BBM was the first msger on a smartphone to do this, I may be wrong and please correct me if I am but to each its own...

My whole point of starting this thread was to bring to light the fact of the forgotten Apple bailout that so many bloggers who are crapping on RIM right now seem to forgotten or was in jr. high school while it was happening.
    05-22-12 10:18 AM
    I never even heard of Facebook messanger. But, I don't think FB will be popular in a few years, maybe less. Thay all fall.
    05-22-12 10:43 AM
    Facebook needs to develop an instant messaging app that competes with BBM
    05-23-12 03:51 AM
    But just like not everybody uses Facebook, not everybody uses BBM even if they have a Blackberry.

Personally I don't use FB that much anymore. It started "dying" summer of 2011. Kinda like MySpace "died" summer of 09 for me, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by antheauxny; 05-23-12 at 10:17 AM.
    05-23-12 10:14 AM
    But just like not everybody uses Facebook, not everybody uses BBM even if they have a Blackberry.

Personally I don't use FB that much anymore. It started "dying" summer of 2011. Kinda like MySpace "died" summer of 09 for me, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Yes, 55 millions out of 77 millions use BBM.

Facebook is also slowly dying for me and twitter is nothing more than a news reader.
    05-23-12 10:21 AM
    Never used BBM. I'm sure it's as great as everyone here says it is. But for me, it can never be a consideration because I couldn't talk to anyone with it. I literally know maybe five people with a blackberry, and they all use KIK or WHATSAPP. iMessage is damn near universal. Just look at all the threads here dedicated to people bemoaning the fact that their BBM contacts have atrophied.

What good is it if no one other than teenage girls use it?
    05-26-12 12:43 AM
    Never used BBM. I'm sure it's as great as everyone here says it is. But for me, it can never be a consideration because I couldn't talk to anyone with it. I literally know maybe five people with a blackberry, and they all use KIK or WHATSAPP. iMessage is damn near universal. Just look at all the threads here dedicated to people bemoaning the fact that their BBM contacts have atrophied.

What good is it if no one other than teenage girls use it?
    Well that sucks for you

I have my wife, my boy,my childhood best friend 2000 miles ways, an old canoeing team mate, lots of local friends and some clients that use bbm to book collections, a few people that work for RIM, a few Crackberry people and lots of teenage girls lol, joking.

But if I only had my wife on it, it would still be worth it.
    05-26-12 12:50 AM
    Like I say,.... if you know people who still use it,....so much the better for you. But the point is that the vast majority don't. You see how that works against BlackBerry?
    05-26-12 02:32 AM
    Like I say,.... if you know people who still use it,....so much the better for you. But the point is that the vast majority don't. You see how that works against BlackBerry?
    How, we can have all other instant messagers too as well as BBM. Advantage - BlackBerry.
    05-26-12 02:42 AM
    How, we can have all other instant messagers too as well as BBM. Advantage - BlackBerry.
    How's it an advantage when all the other platforms have those same messengers, and those are what people are using rather than BBM? In other words,....people are actively shunning that which you call an "advantage."
    05-27-12 03:32 PM
    How's it an advantage when all the other platforms have those same messengers, and those are what people are using rather than BBM? In other words,....people are actively shunning that which you call an "advantage."
    They're using other messengers because they don't have BBM, not instead of BBM. We use other messengers to communicate with people that don't have BBM. For everyone else BBM is what we use, and the rest don't have it, clearly an advantage to BlackBerry owners.
    05-27-12 03:55 PM
    imessage is an advantage for iphone, ipad and ipod owners then correct?
    05-27-12 04:06 PM
    imessage is an advantage for iphone, ipad and ipod owners then correct?
    It is but it's very basic, not that much of an advantage.
    05-27-12 04:09 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD