I was thinking that it would be very useful if Blackberry allowed Facebook connect as a way for you to securely share your PIN with friends and make it infinitely easier to find friends when you join the blackberry community. It just seems like an easy way to get a large number of users to connect their public social network with private social network and take the BBM feature to the next level.

I imagine there are at least 100 of my friends that use BBM but we aren't connected for one reason or another. If they built some type of virility feature (i.e. suggested users based on common bbm friends or Facebook connect), then it would make it harder for people to jump ship.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by DBX00; 09-04-11 at 08:33 AM.
    09-04-11 08:30 AM
    There is a facebook app for bbm. Basically it just post your pin to your wall. In the past it actually posted your barcode onto your page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 09:44 AM
    That isn't exactly the easiest thing to find blackberry users. I was thinking more along the lines of, you signing up to Blackberry ID using Facebook Connect and/or allowing users to Connect their Facebook account. Once the accounts are linked, the BBM database now can allow people to find Facebook friends by name that use BBM. It basically creates a better mechanism for finding friends because it will show you who you can add rather than having to do blind searches or waiting to see them in person.
    09-04-11 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD