ok here is the deal.

First and foremost I'm a systems engineer.
    blackberry and messaging is my thing, but I also handle everything else.
    in other words, I'm a pro.

moving on:

I cant receive any facebook notifications via the facebook application.
    Ive removed the facebook application from service books, the standard uninstall. I've removed the app from the facebook website itself.

still not one damn notification.
    I've enabled/disabled upgraded/downgraded facebook apps and still not one notification. I'm at my wits end.

I've done a fresh FULL data wipe on my BB and installed the app. no dice!

here is the kicker:
    last week, I decided to deactivate my facebook account and realized that I was addicted. Re-activated the account and now I cant get any alerts at all.

I've deleted the phone account that was attached to facebook and refreshed it with the number again. NADA.
    01-19-11 02:09 AM
    oh yeah. thanks in advance.
    01-19-11 02:22 AM
    [QUOTE=mannybz;5967984]ok here is the deal.

Humm, I sure if I can answer that one. I mean, how does one prepare an answer to one so knowledgeable?
    mannybz likes this.
    01-19-11 02:41 AM
    tickle my fancy MrLynd54 - I might have missed something.
    01-19-11 02:43 AM
    ok here is the deal.

Humm, I sure if I can answer that one. I mean, how does one prepare an answer to one so knowledgeable?
    Lol. I laughed when I read that.
    01-19-11 09:11 AM
    I'm just trying to ensure that anyone who might answer that is technical in any sense, doesn't give a me rookie reply.

but lets defer back to my real issue.

Do you two have any idea?

I'm stumped on this one and its very rare that happens to me.

and you know, without a little humor, IT can make Jack a dull boy.
    01-19-11 09:16 AM
    This is gonna be a good thread, I can tell. The humor here is killing me. That said...

I have really no idea how to diagnose your problem. But one thing I do know is the newer facebook apps have known bugs. Also, not sure here, but does the fact that you have an 8330 curve make the newer facebook apps non-compatible?? Just sayin....
    01-19-11 09:32 AM
    I have a Curve 8530 - V5.0.0.1030 on Verizon Wirelezz
    01-19-11 09:33 AM
    what facebook application are you currently using? if any.
    01-19-11 09:48 AM
    I too am curious about this since I have the same issue on my Tour 9630 and Facebook 1.9.020
    I get intermittent notifications but usually I get none. My guess is this is a bug but if anyone has had this problem and solved it, please share.

Also, it is absolutely relevant to post your level of knowledge when asking questions just ignore the juvenile responses that don't address your questions. Every forum has them.
    mannybz likes this.
    01-19-11 11:37 AM
    DrewDT, I've even gone back to v1.8 and still nothing. It's crazy. I gone as far as deleting the referenced email account to facebook and created a new one. added it to the BIS. updated it on facebook and still nothing. thank god for email alerts.
    01-19-11 12:16 PM
    Email alerts are the only way to get anything at the moment for me too but I don't like Facebook alerts going there. Hopefully this is an issue that will get fixed. I don't think this is user error.
    01-19-11 12:57 PM
    You have to log in and out as many times as needed until the alert about push notifications no longer shows up when you log in.
    01-19-11 04:06 PM
    Apologize if this is a "rookie reply", but I did have a problem with my FB notifications until I realized I was logged in with an e-mail address that wasn't my main profile address. (Main e-mail on FB was me.com address and signed in with gmail address). As soon as I signed in with the right e-mail address, I started getting my notifications on the Torch again.
    01-19-11 07:52 PM
    You have to log in and out as many times as needed until the alert about push notifications no longer shows up when you log in.
    now that just would drive me insane...
    01-20-11 10:11 AM
    Apologize if this is a "rookie reply", but I did have a problem with my FB notifications until I realized I was logged in with an e-mail address that wasn't my main profile address. (Main e-mail on FB was me.com address and signed in with gmail address). As soon as I signed in with the right e-mail address, I started getting my notifications on the Torch again.
    that isnt a rookie reply Kenpo. nice handle by the way.

my email address remained unchanged though.
    01-20-11 10:15 AM
    I'm not getting FB notifications on my 9700 either. I tried logging out then back in and got a message about push notifications being unavailable at this time. I know I'm using the newest version available because I also checked if any updates were available.
    01-20-11 10:19 AM
    well anywho, here is the deal. I've started getting my notifications again via my blackberry. as I've said before, nothing was changed. I went banana's trying to figure this issue out. My gut instinct tells me that facebook.com made some changes via maintenance and it went south. but all is well in Manny Land. thank you all for the support. now... i'm left with one more debacle... to upgrade to v1.9 again. isnt life grand?
    01-20-11 10:21 AM
    that isnt a rookie reply Kenpo. nice handle by the way.

my email address remained unchanged though.
    That's notification via email rite?
    01-20-11 10:33 AM
    That's notification via email rite?
    this would be the emails and the account I use to log into facebook with.
    its attached to my blackberry. however, I filter the emails via the BIS so I dont have to deal with those. This does not affect the blackberry notification alerts.

during my time of withdrawals.. in order to supply my addiction, I temporarily disabled the filters so I could reply via email.

I guess I'm a facebook junkie.
    01-20-11 10:53 AM
    I'm getting push notifications just fine with 1.8 but I still get the notification email as well. This never used to be a problem. Anyone know how to get the emails to stop in addition to the fb notifications without creating an email filter. It always worked fine in the past.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 05:09 PM
    I'm getting push notifications just fine with 1.8 but I still get the notification email as well. This never used to be a problem. Anyone know how to get the emails to stop in addition to the fb notifications without creating an email filter. It always worked fine in the past.

Thanks.

go into your facebook notifications and de-select the the items that you dont want to be alerted on that are selected under email.

see attached image for reference.
    01-20-11 05:15 PM
    If I de-select items then I won't get notified at all right? That's not what I'm trying to do. I still want to receive the notifications. I just don't want the redundancy of both push and email notifications. That make sense or am I missing something? Everything used to work just fine. Weird.

Thanks.

01-20-11 05:29 PM
    no... as long as Facebook for BlackBerry� smartphones is selected, you will still get the push notifications.
    01-20-11 05:37 PM
    Ok, bare with me here. If I de-select all of the items in which I would like to be notified for, won't I not receive push notifications for those items as well? Otherwise how would it know which notifications I want to receive? Thanks a lot for your help.

01-20-11 07:32 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD