I'm sure this has been answered. Can't find it.

AT&T family plan 1400 w/ rollover. Unlimited family text,email,pics

Line #1 - Wife - BB 8310 (corporate email) but can use web-outlook $30 BB service
    Line #2 - Myself - BB 8310 att.net/yahoo (same thing) $30BB service
    Line #3 - Child - LG VU No email $10 unlimited data
    Line #4 - Child - Samsung Impression No email $10 unlimited data

Bottom line - Q. Can I receive email (att.net or yahoo) if I drop my BB Data package if I add the $10 unlimited data (like line#3 & 4). and of course utilize the family unlimited text.

If I can do this, what will I loose?
    Last edited by jshofer; 01-12-10 at 05:04 PM.
    01-12-10 04:38 PM
    From AT&T's plan terms, "Data Plans: An eligible data plan is required for certain devices including iPhone and other designated smartphones. Eligible data plans cover data usage in the U.S. and do not cover international data usage and charges. If it is determined that you are using iPhone or other designated smartphone without an eligible data plan, AT&T reserves the right to add an eligible data plan to your account and bill you the appropriate monthly fee."

The "eligible data plan" for BlackBerry is the $30/month one. You would have to get a dumbphone to qualify for the $10/month data plan.
    01-12-10 04:49 PM
    My 2 year contract is almost up. I was told that I can discontinue my BB service since I bought it before they changed their terms (Grand-fathered clause). If I decide to disconnect and then reconnect; I will have to resign to another 2 year contract and stuck paying $30 a month.
    01-12-10 04:57 PM
    My 2 year contract is almost up. I was told that I can discontinue my BB service since I bought it before they changed their terms (Grand-fathered clause). If I decide to disconnect and then reconnect; I will have to resign to another 2 year contract and stuck paying $30 a month.
    Ok. If you're grandfathered in, you could drop the BB data plan.
    01-12-10 05:04 PM
    Ok. If you're grandfathered in, you could drop the BB data plan.
    But then, you won't get any email, internet, or BBM on your Blackberry. It would basically only make/receive phone calls, and send text messages.
    01-12-10 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD