Hello,

My blackberry was working great with "email setup application 6.11.0216.1323"
    when i update to "email setup application 6.11.0419.0755" the phone reset again and again then show a message : "error 601" "error 606" y "reset" i tried to reset it so many times but the same thing happened so i install OS again.

The blackberry works now, but i cant add any new mail account coz they ask me to install "email setup application 6.11.0419.0755"

CAn u help me please, have no idea what to do want to add new email account to my blackberry but dont want to download the new email application coz it doesnt work, i wanna use the old one.

I'd like to know how to block all new updates, my phone works great the way it is now, don't want complicated with new updates.

Hope u can help me.

thanks in advance.

I have blackberry 9100
    Os 6.0.0
    05-16-11 02:00 AM
    Same thing happened to me! I have a open issue with Blackberry Support on this and still waiting on how to resolve it!

Bold 9650 OS 6
    05-17-11 01:27 PM
    same problem with mine...Anybody know a fix for this??
    I can receive emails but i cant reply or download attachments, really frustrating...ugh! RIM and their unstable updates (N)
    05-19-11 07:46 PM
    I have the same issue. I can send emails and receive, but I cannot make any changes to my email accounts. I went to the device applications, and it "looks like" I still have blackberry Email Setup Application version 6.10.0419.0755 on my device. Any suggestions?
    05-19-11 10:18 PM
    I updated the email setup app without any problem. The only thing I noticed is now when I send service books, the email I receive for a couple of my email accounts says the action is required- leave messages on server. But I'm able to send and receive for all my email accts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 09:55 AM
    Yeah this problem is really frustrating. I changed my gmail password and wanted to go in to update it on my blackberry - update bricked it. Had to reinstall the os. I did it like 4 times thinking if I do something different it would work. No go. Talked to t-mobile bb tech support for about an hour and it was worthless.

I did however find kind of a workaround to it. If you connect to bb desktop manager, you can downgrade to 5.0. The email setup assistant works perfectly in 5.0. I went in, reconfigured my gmail account and was working perfectly. After fixing it, I connected to DM again and upgraded to 6.0. I turned it back on and my emails were configured correctly. I can receive and compose from my gmail and school emails perfectly.

Hope this helps you guys out!
    05-23-11 12:43 PM
    This is a known issue and has been escalated to RIM. Hopefully they will have a resolution soon.

Once you get your device sorted out with the OS reload, here is a work-around:

From your browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country of choice, then go to Communicate>Email. Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup. You should be able to integrate your e-mail accounts that way until RIM has fixed the issue.
    AlexR666, tcart, deadprez and 3 others like this.
    05-23-11 03:21 PM
    This is a known issue and has been escalated to RIM. Hopefully they will have a resolution soon.

From your browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country of choice, then go to Communicate>Email. Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup. You should be able to integrate your e-mail accounts that way until RIM has fixed the issue.
    Wow thanks first time i saw that. Great work around!
    ConfusedCrackberry likes this.
    05-23-11 10:11 PM

Thank you so much. I had been without my emails for over a week!! This work around did the trick!! Thanks!
    05-24-11 02:54 PM
    How is this still happening? Just setup Google's 2-step Auth, and we can't properly activate it on my wife's 9650 (which bricked the first time she tried the upgrade) because or this issue. How does RIM plan to stay in business like this? For once I am glad to still have a Tour on OS5...
    06-03-11 10:29 AM
    How do you reload your OS? My Mac won't let me into my phone at all.
    06-04-11 12:53 AM
    i done the update, and when i went to set up the email on my 9800 it would crash and i would have to reset it, and i called up a freind who told me to goto settings and delet the email program, and now even threw the net, i cant set up my email, it just gose blank and into my messages, i would i re-install this email set up program!!!
    06-06-11 06:19 PM
    This is ridiculous. No excuse for such a crap release.

All I want to know is, Why the f-ck can't I just use the 6.10 version!? I already went through mobile.blackberry.com and edited my email settings there, but I can't send an email anymore! It asks me to setup my email and I'm prompted to update the email app. (a.k.a. freeze your blackberry and then spend another 2 hours restoring it.) There's not an option to just use 6.10?

Do I have to revert to OS 6.0.0.431, set-up my email then re-update to 6.0.0.524?
    06-09-11 07:53 PM

God Bless you.... I wanted to punch the Tech on the phone... wasted 2 hours of my life, I wish I had found this earlier!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
    06-09-11 11:56 PM
    Just switched back to my 9780 and tried to update an email address, i guess this issue is still not resolved.
    Any eta on a fix for this ?
    I have change the email with the work around for now, thanks for the tip
    06-13-11 03:31 AM
    @SirPaul, I try it and get an error on the BB browser... Any other work around for now?
    06-13-11 10:25 AM
    is there any workaround for users in countries not listed in the list.
    06-13-11 08:14 PM
    Just had the same problem today on 9650 Bold. Had to use SirPaul's fix after a wipe out b/c I couldn't add email accounts back. It worked great - thank you - but it took a while b/c BB site kept refusing my changes.

Hope bb releases a fix soon.
    06-16-11 01:29 AM
    i found the fix its on there site
    Bold 9780 freezes on Email setup /PIN <removed> - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Note this bug apply's to Any 6.0 or higher device that has been updated,it has nothing to do with BIS or BES this is an software bug (you do not even have to have BIS or BES services working for it not to open after the phone has been updated)

plug the phone into the pc and open BB desktop and goto applications and goto bottom and X the email setup press apply once its finished you now be able to open email setup again (this is an Very bad bug that they should of fixed 6 months ago) Note the email setup will still be listed as installed but it does revert it back to older one i think (or its wiping the settings file out)

this is with bundle orange UK 863 update or 6.0.0.285/6.5.0.54 going to now re update my phone to 2554 or 6.0.0.576/6.6.0.216 and remove the email update see if it still works

going to get in contact with orange as i all ready logged an issue with email setup app not starting and locking the phone menu when you try and back out of it (Holding the BB button and pressing home gets you out of it) as Orange UK is not aware of this email issue and are Wasting money sending replacement phones out when it is an simple Work around

mite be an good idea to make this sticky or new thread just dedicated to this daft bug

updated my phone to 2554 and it is now fine
    Last edited by leexgx; 09-11-11 at 12:58 PM.
    09-07-11 11:35 PM
    Hello everyone,

I was grappling with this same email issue after upgrading to email setup application 6.11.0419.0755. Here's what worked for me.

Note: This only works AFTER you already have installed 6.11.0419.0755

1. On your BB browser, go to http://www.blackberry.com/integrate
    2. Click on "Launch Email Setup"
    3. You may get a message saying that it recognizes that you are on a new BB and asking you if you want to move your email accounts over
    4. Say yes and enter your password for each of your email accounts
    5. Now each of your email accounts should appear as an icon on the home screen
    6. You may need to re-enter your password locally before you will start receiving emails. Click on the icon for your particular email account (not the "Messages" icon, but the icon that has your email address under it) and then open the menu and go to Options.
    7. Go to Email Account Management.
    8. Click on your email address in the list and click "Edit" from the popup menu.
    9. Under "Login Information" (scroll down to see it), if the password space is blank then enter your password again there.
    10. Then click save.
    11. You should start receiving emails within a few minutes.

I think that this solution worked (for me, at least) because I think that installing the new email setup application upgrade makes the BB servers think you bought a new Blackberry. This might be why you can't directly use the Email Setup Application, because it thinks that an impostor is trying to setup your email address. The steps above are a way for the BB servers to "move" your email account to your "new" BB, even though your BB isn't new.

Also, one more tip. For Microsoft Exchange email, this process may create a duplicate email address. Thus, you will be receiving the same emails under both the "Desktop" icon and under an icon that has the name of your email address. After you go through this whole process, send a few test messages to your Exchange email. If you did this correctly, then you should be receiving duplicate emails under Desktop and under the icon with your email address. After you have checked that you are successfully receiving emails in both places, then you can delete the icon with your email address (Setup -> Email Accounts -> Internet Email Accounts (do not delete it under Exchange Accounts) -> Delete your exchange email address from the list of internet email addresses, e.g. gmail, yahoo, etc.). After doing this, the Desktop icon should continue to function and receive emails properly.

I hope this is helpful. I nearly threw my BB out the window because of my frustration with this issue. Happy Holidays!
    racemanfl likes this.
    12-08-11 09:36 AM
    klliopatra Thanks for the write up it fixed my problem after an update in the software, before this I couldnt get any email. Thanks again Jerry
    12-10-11 04:12 AM
    Many thanks, After restoring my phone I lost my email function, this worked great
    02-21-12 04:29 PM
    Thank you!!!!!! I can't believe it! it works~~ ! I took my telephone back to HI NL (the telephone provider) and even they couldn't do anything about this problem and now in a 1, 2, 3 I got it fixed myself! Thank you again! 8 month without email in my telephone and now it's finally working!!!
    03-05-12 03:10 AM
    hi
    if its a case that you have set up the step two gmail verification process and your unable to get accces to your gmail account from your blackberry,you need to set up an application specific password which will be used in place of your actual password.

you can set up an application specific password by following the steps below.
    !. From a laptopo or desktop sign into yoru gmail accont
    2.In the top right cornet click on your gmail profile pic which enables a drop down menu.
    3. Click on account in the dropdown menu
    4. Unders the header account activity in the right hand corner of the screen under password click manage security.
    5.Under step two verification click manage application specific paswords
    6.YOu must now name the device that you wish to genereate oyyour application specific password for eg. "Blackbery Torch" and then click generate.
    7. a password will be geenerated which should now be used during the et up process on your mobile divice.

REgards
    Sean Thomas
    09-19-13 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD