Hey guys,
    I just upgraded to the bold so i backed up all my files from the curve on desktop manager, and then transferred them all back into my new bold.
    however, when i tried to send an email it failed to send. so i went to to "set up email account" through the setup wizard and it told me to enter the BES password that was given to me.. I was wondering if you guys could help me figure this out? I want to be able to use the BIS settings, so I can setup my gmail and other email accounts again. Thanks for your help guys!
    12-06-08 09:16 PM
    Was your previous device used with BES? IF you need BES and a pass to reactivate, you need to talk to your BES admin...
    12-06-08 09:26 PM
    nope my old curve was set up as a BIS; i was using my personal email accounts at the time. but now with this brand new bold, for some reason its set up as BES. i want to switch it to BIS. what can i do?
    12-06-08 09:28 PM
    Have you switched your PIN/IMEI for BIS to your new device? You can do this by going to your carriers BIS site or calling them.
    12-06-08 09:33 PM
    i dont think i switched the pin, but i upgraded the phone by phone so im assuming rogers already switched my imei for me?
    12-06-08 09:42 PM
    I would call and find out.
    12-06-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD