hi guys

i had a 9360 which i was using a hotmail email address with. I have since sold the device and im reading alot about deleting service books and deleting email accounts when selling, but i didnt know this before i sold it and i only did a security wipe before i sold it.

was the wipe enough to clear out my email account completely so the person who gets my phone wont get my emails through to there device now? im sure i read that it would be enough and that the emails are linked to bbid account? can anyone help here?

just abit worried that a total stranger may have access to my private emails

p.s i rang my carrier (o2) and had my blackberry data plan tarriff removed and changed for a smart phone tarriff, not sure if this makes any difference but thought id put it out there
    thanks
    10-12-12 09:28 PM
    Did you remove the email account from the setup icon itself? These days since the email account is also tied to your BBID, you should be perfectly fine.
    10-13-12 05:02 AM
    well after the security wipe finished and the setup screen came up there wasnt any numbers next to the email accounts icon which i think usually are when you have an email account linked to the device, but then again i didnt have BIS on the phone it wasnt active and ive heard you cant edit your email accounts without BIS so i was just relying on the wipe to clear all my email settings
    10-13-12 07:30 AM
    also the device was on os 7.1 i dont know if that makes any difference
    10-13-12 07:32 AM